The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 September 2009, 01:23 PM   #1
KCRandy

Diogenes, go to Raytown, MO

Several months ago I acquired a vintage Rolex and I am a newbie. This forum helped identify this Oyster Royal from 1951 with a waffle face. I got the standard $550 price just to open and start work from the registered dealer place. I live in KCMO. I found in Raytown a watchmaker who graduated from the Kansas City School of Watchmaking in Quincy, Ill. There was a KC school of watchmaking that was bought out and moved to Quincy, but retained the Kansas City name (because of good reputation, why else?) He gave me an estimate of $60 to clean, etc.
When I picked the watch up the bill was $30. Has anyone been given an estimate and later gone back and paid half the estimate?

The watch worked well but from time to time was fast. I took it back. He kept it a couple of weeks and I picked it up today. "What do I owe you?" "Nothing." Of course I put a twenty on the counter.

I think I've found an honest man. Let you know if this watch keeps good time or not.

Watch numbers:

case model Brevet 6244
serial# Movement: 36430; case 836586
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0025.jpg (64.6 KB, 23 views)
KCRandy is offline   Reply With Quote