The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 July 2005, 11:42 PM   #1
muteki

HELP!!! WTB new thunderbezel datejust rodi

hello i am looking for a brand new SS datejust with the old style white gold thunderbird bezel, rhodium face w/roman numerals, and oyster bracelet. this watch has been discontinued and i have not been able to locate an AD that has 1 in old stock. if someone knows of a retail store that has one please help and email me at muteki2005@excite.com i really want to get this watch!!! thanks BTW i am in hawaii so any US dealer would be best :)
muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2005, 01:04 AM   #2
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Hello Muteki and welcome. I could possibly locate the watch you require but I'm in Saudi Arabia and that would not be much good to you. I wish you good luck with your search.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2005, 04:21 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi and welcome to TRF.

Your choice is a good one, but with the advent of the new TOGs, the one you're looking for might be difficult to find.

Your best bet would be to look around Rolex ADs. You could turn lucky if one of them has an older one sitting around for a long time. I know for a fact that Mansor's in Auckland had until a few months ago, a P-series on Jubilee just sitting in his window for ages. It had a blue dial and was a very good looking watch, but just wouldn't sell.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2005, 05:46 AM   #4
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
In Hawaii eh?

Well Aloha no!! Makes me miss my home in the islands. I was listening to an IZ CD on the drive home today. There are a few good dealers around town. What island are you on? Best of luck on your search, the hunt is the best part!!

A big welcome to TRF, please stick around and enjoy mate!!

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2005, 11:13 AM   #5
muteki

aloha!!!

hey Dman i live on oahu. i have checked with Ben Bridge here and have had them search the whole system and none to be found. I have also checked the only other AD i know of in Waikiki and they don't have the watch either. I am willing to buy from a mainland dealer as long as they are an AD. Any help in locating this rare gem brand new from an AD will be much appreciated!!! should have bought it when they had one in stock here at Ala Moana
Old 13 July 2005, 11:18 AM   #6
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

If you were willing to buy from Ala Mo you do want one bad. I can check my dealer tomorrow, I will see him in the morning before he goes to the office. If he has one I will contact you via PM or email.

I graduated from UH in the 90's, I actually played baseball there for my senior year, I was a transfer. My mom is from Ewa and Pops is from the Valley Isle. We lived near Manoa for a few years but the wife missed her home so we loaded up the truck and we moved to Beverly...err I mean Dallas.

I do miss it though!! I'll be on the big island next year January for my nieces 1 year luau.

Hopefully I can have some good news for you mate.

Old 13 July 2005, 12:05 PM   #7
muteki

AD's

unfortunately here in hawaii we only have 2 AD's that i am aware of or trust! one being ben bridge and the other a store that carries rolex watches exclusively in Waikiki. maybe i will see ya when you come to hawaii !
Old 13 July 2005, 12:45 PM   #8
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Yeah, mate we will try to hook up for sure!!