The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 11 November 2018, 09:05 PM   #31
Frogman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Just wait until the market calms down...

Plus the crowns on these turtles are pretty much trash. 90% of the ones I have handled feel like the threads aren't cut with any precision. Gritty, inconsistent turns of the crown, cross threading risk....just gnarly.

Before screwing the crown back down you pretty much need to run waxed dental floss over the threads to keep it anywhere near smooth.
Hi mate, ive got 5 turtles, this just isnt true at all..

Occasionally they can feel a bit gritty when new which goes in a few days.
All mine are butter smooth with no cross threads, theres nothing gnarly about them.

Certainly not trash.
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2018, 09:11 PM   #32
Frogman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Thank you PJS! I just ordered one online at a great price, around $699. It has not been conirmed yet so I don’t know if it is in stock but let’s hope so!

Thanks again PJS! IF/When I get it, pictures will be posted.

Nice one mate, good price.

Im not a fan of the concept of LEs, it seems crazy to me to spend twice as much for the same watch just a different colour but i did it with my green turtle and it turned out to be my fav, so it was worth it for that special watch.

These LE's hold and raise in value a lot, if you ever chose to move it down the track youll make money on it so its not so crazy when yopu look at it that way.

If you ever need a contact to get this or other LE's at a fair price drop me a PM i'll send you his details.

cheers
Old 11 November 2018, 09:47 PM   #33
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Nice one mate, good price.

Im not a fan of the concept of LEs, it seems crazy to me to spend twice as much for the same watch just a different colour but i did it with my green turtle and it turned out to be my fav, so it was worth it for that special watch.

These LE's hold and raise in value a lot, if you ever chose to move it down the track youll make money on it so its not so crazy when yopu look at it that way.

If you ever need a contact to get this or other LE's at a fair price drop me a PM i'll send you his details.

cheers

I need that contact please, WHAT A BS ORGANIZATION 24 chrono is!!!!!!!! So, I order the watch, and receive a stated shipping price of (aproximately) 80 (whatever the symbol is) to the US. I accept it. Chrono 24 said they “sent it to the dealer.” THEN, I recieve a notice from the dealer that my order is CANCELED. Reason: “SHIPPING TO THE US IS TOO EXPENSIVE (120). They didn’t bother to ask if I was willing to pay the extra 40, just cancelled it. WHY is chrono 24 advertising this at such and such a price and available for purchase and taking my order and WHY is the dealer not even ASKING if I am willing to pay the high(er) shipping price? I posted this story in the “Watch Out” section and sent the link to both organizations, what terrible service.

Has anyone in Europe or anywhere else have any RELIABLE sources for someone that is ready to purchase?

Sorry for the bad temper of this post, but I am pissed. What a .....
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2018, 09:52 PM   #34
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I saw the watch upon release and was very interested in acquiring one. I have been following and see that the prices are reflective of the popularity. I am paying attention and will find one, at some point, down the road from an American owner who will turn it over. I have just acquired the "Nemo" turtle which was a Japan only release from an American owner and saved a fair amount off retail and a lot off the crazy speculation prices. I would not pay much more than retail for this watch because there are so many other options that can be had that are just as cool in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181028_104940 (002).jpg (210.4 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 20180209_112441 (002).jpg (202.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 20181028_121352 (004).jpg (247.8 KB, 124 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2018, 10:14 PM   #35
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I would just wait for Seiyajapan to receive a batch which I imagine he eventually will.
Old 11 November 2018, 11:53 PM   #36
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I saw the watch upon release and was very interested in acquiring one. I have been following and see that the prices are reflective of the popularity. I am paying attention and will find one, at some point, down the road from an American owner who will turn it over. I have just acquired the "Nemo" turtle which was a Japan only release from an American owner and saved a fair amount off retail and a lot off the crazy speculation prices. I would not pay much more than retail for this watch because there are so many other options that can be had that are just as cool in my opinion.
The Nemo Turtle was released all over East Asia. I've seen them at ADs in Thailand and Hong Kong.
Old 12 November 2018, 12:02 AM   #37
Frogman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I need that contact please, WHAT A BS ORGANIZATION 24 chrono is!!!!!!!! So, I order the watch, and receive a stated shipping price of (aproximately) 80 (whatever the symbol is) to the US. I accept it. Chrono 24 said they “sent it to the dealer.” THEN, I recieve a notice from the dealer that my order is CANCELED. Reason: “SHIPPING TO THE US IS TOO EXPENSIVE (120). They didn’t bother to ask if I was willing to pay the extra 40, just cancelled it. WHY is chrono 24 advertising this at such and such a price and available for purchase and taking my order and WHY is the dealer not even ASKING if I am willing to pay the high(er) shipping price? I posted this story in the “Watch Out” section and sent the link to both organizations, what terrible service.

Has anyone in Europe or anywhere else have any RELIABLE sources for someone that is ready to purchase?

Just sent you the name of a WUS member who sells all the limited editions from out of Thailand, he has a great reputation, ive used him with no dramas.
Contact him, ask if he can find you one, i can highly recommend him.
Old 12 November 2018, 05:31 AM   #38
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:

Paul. Try ebay.co.uk. There’s a few in there and you may get someone to ship to the us. You’ll pay a premium though. Retail was £475 or thereabouts for the turtle I believe.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 02:07 PM   #39
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
There's one right now on the US Ebay website for $780 USD. Can't be THAT hard!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-TURTL...3rCo:rk:1:pf:0
Old 14 November 2018, 02:15 PM   #40
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:

All mine are butter smooth with no cross threads, theres nothing gnarly about them.

Certainly not trash.
I have only owned 4 of them and I have never had this issue either. I have had it on SKX's but once you run some dental floss over them they are good to go.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 02:17 PM   #41
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:

That sucks for sure. But chrono24 is just the gateway, they have to follow the sellers direction. Maybe if you contact the seller directly they will sell it to you. That is how I have always done it.

Good luck.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 06:25 PM   #42
PJ S
Banned

^
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=639287
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 07:13 PM   #43
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Eagerly awaiting mine. Stuck at customs. Argh.
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2018, 09:52 PM   #44
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongster View Post
Eagerly awaiting mine. Stuck at customs. Argh.
Did it finally arrive ?
Old 28 November 2018, 07:51 AM   #45
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Certainly not trash.
Yep. i went through 10 turtles at my Seiko guy and dept stores and the crowns were just 100% awful. Awful.

Me ain't the only one it seems

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/sr...n-3331666.html

I gave up and got an old 6109 instead. No issues. Too bad I like the colorways of the newer turtles.

The Samurai's were ok though. This run of turtles i tried were just terrible.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2018, 09:26 PM   #46
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onequik135i View Post
Did it finally arrive ?

Yes they did. Posted an incoming pic in one of the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote