The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 24 January 2020, 07:10 PM   #1
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega-Rolex-AP
Date window on ap

Looking for a new watch. I did want a patek aquanaut but thats not going to happen anytime soon. So looking at maybe a New ap, still unsure on what exact model but 42mm is as big as i want to go for sure.
Been looking alot on the chrono24 app and noticed most aps date windows match the dial colour but some dont some have white date windows, i think but not sure its the older models that have white date windows, is this correct ?
After noticing this i much prefer the date window to match the dial. Going to dubai next month and wanted peoples opinion what models i can expect to be available there and then ? Not really upto date on what has waiting lists ect
MrEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:48 PM   #2
KJBrandal
"TRF" Member

There should be a couple 42 Offshore models available at the boutique, they're not as in demand as the 41 MM Royal Oaks right now. My guess is you'll see a couple different variants of the Offshore Diver on a rubber strap and Offshore chronographs on rubber and leather.
KJBrandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:36 PM   #3
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I you dig the aquanaut concept, check out the AP diver. A little larger and thicker, but a blissful sports watch.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 05:48 PM   #4
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

I already have the ap diver on the bracelet. Also have a rolex gmt and omega speedy. So thinking just a nice royal oak this time but I tried the 15400 on a while ago and it felt quite large on, to me if wears quite a bit bigger than the diver and there the same size. Do ap do any new models at 40mm ?
Old 26 January 2020, 07:57 AM   #5
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleven View Post
I already have the ap diver on the bracelet. Also have a rolex gmt and omega speedy. So thinking just a nice royal oak this time but I tried the 15400 on a while ago and it felt quite large on, to me if wears quite a bit bigger than the diver and there the same size. Do ap do any new models at 40mm ?

The 15400 does wear larger than the diver.

Take a look at the 15450 too, that may suit more and is still in current production.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 10:16 PM   #6
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
The 15400 does wear larger than the diver.

Take a look at the 15450 too, that may suit more and is still in current production.
How do you recon that? I own both and disagree, just look at the dimensions... The 15400 is slimmer in every way except for thickness on the clasp side.
Old 26 January 2020, 10:18 PM   #7
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
How do you recon that? I own both and disagree, just look at the dimensions... The 15400 is slimmer in every way except for thickness on the clasp side.
I wanted the 15400 over the diver when looking at them online but when in store the 15400 to me definitely looks and feels quite a bit bigger than the diver. Think its because its thin and sits very flat on the wrist the dial looks huge compared to the diver.
Old 27 January 2020, 12:11 AM   #8
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Yes - I think it’s all that extra dial real estate that makes the difference.

it’s a visually subjective thing though, so could vary wrist to wrist and perspective to perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleven View Post
I wanted the 15400 over the diver when looking at them online but when in store the 15400 to me definitely looks and feels quite a bit bigger than the diver. Think its because its thin and sits very flat on the wrist the dial looks huge compared to the diver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote