The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 July 2018, 03:08 PM   #1
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
What are some of your favorite things?

We are all passionate about stuff, it’s why we are here.

Every now and then we come across something that is so much better than the typical product or way of doing things.

I would like to offer this PSA and look forward to all of your ideas and experience for your favorite things. Pictured is the TOTO WASHLET.

it is made to attach to your existing fixture or can be purchased as a entire unit.

What it does: washes front and rear , vents , drys, pre-mists , heats and is adjustable to preferences.

Essentially it made me question how the heck I have gone for so long in this life without it.

Image from web as I fear I may have gone too far already that an actual image would have crossed the line.

I had resisted a friends strong recommendation for the past 15 years ... I was wrong, this is a must have in my life

Looking forward to your recommendations and humorous comments
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 495D296C-67BD-4255-9EA0-E2DF570FA41C.jpeg (17.5 KB, 329 views)
Old 20 July 2018, 03:17 PM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Hiroshima airport Duty Free Shop earlier this year

(I opted for Japanese whiskey instead).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-01-21 16.22.59.jpg (195.8 KB, 326 views)
Old 20 July 2018, 04:39 PM   #3
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Japan leads the world in toilet tech. My favorite ones are motion-sensor triggered to raise the lid as you approach them sort of like the scene in the old movie "No Time For Sergeants" when Andy Griffith rigs them to all stand at attention when the officers enter the latrine to conduct an inspection.

As I recently discovered staying somewhere, the cutting edge models have spaceship lighting as well. I couldn't stop myself from taking a couple pictures in case someone didn't believe me (and I hope seeing this doesn't diminish the enjoyment of your current model if it lacks this ultra-cool feature). Personally, if I were to go high-tech the auto lift-and-lower function and mood lighting feature are things I couldn't live without.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Loo.jpg (41.2 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg Loo1.jpg (63.2 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg Loo2.jpg (57.6 KB, 306 views)
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 08:05 PM   #4
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
We are all passionate about stuff, it’s why we are here.

Every now and then we come across something that is so much better than the typical product or way of doing things.

I would like to offer this PSA and look forward to all of your ideas and experience for your favorite things. Pictured is the TOTO WASHLET.

it is made to attach to your existing fixture or can be purchased as a entire unit.

What it does: washes front and rear , vents , drys, pre-mists , heats and is adjustable to preferences.

Essentially it made me question how the heck I have gone for so long in this life without it.

Image from web as I fear I may have gone too far already that an actual image would have crossed the line.

I had resisted a friends strong recommendation for the past 15 years ... I was wrong, this is a must have in my life

Looking forward to your recommendations and humorous comments
How does all this venting, misting, and washing keep from blasting microbial contaminants all over the room? Seems like it is made to create an airborne poop soup in the room.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 10:52 PM   #5
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post

Given Japanese whiskey as an option I am sure that would have been my choice too
Old 20 July 2018, 10:55 PM   #6
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Japan leads the world in toilet tech. My favorite ones are motion-sensor triggered to raise the lid as you approach them sort of like the scene in the old movie "No Time For Sergeants" when Andy Griffith rigs them to all stand at attention when the officers enter the latrine to conduct an inspection.

As I recently discovered staying somewhere, the cutting edge models have spaceship lighting as well. I couldn't stop myself from taking a couple pictures in case someone didn't believe me (and I hope seeing this doesn't diminish the enjoyment of your current model if it lacks this ultra-cool feature). Personally, if I were to go high-tech the auto lift-and-lower function and mood lighting feature are things I couldn't live without.
Lighting Reminds me of my car back in the 70s,

The auto raise and lower function would be a plus

Old 20 July 2018, 11:00 PM   #7
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
How does all this venting, misting, and washing keep from blasting microbial contaminants all over the room? Seems like it is made to create an airborne poop soup in the room.
The action is generally sealed with a human buttocks, with the exception of a curios person who may choose to override and activate it while standing... the outcome may vary
Old 20 July 2018, 11:26 PM   #8
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
The action is generally sealed with a human buttocks, with the exception of a curios person who may choos to override and activate it while standing... the outcome may vary
Seems there will be a crack in that seal.

Have you pressure tested it?
Old 20 July 2018, 11:48 PM   #9
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seems there will be a crack in that seal.

Have you pressure tested it?
if any water is seeping in through the crack there is definitely a need for some re-instruction or possibly medical attention
Old 20 July 2018, 11:59 PM   #10
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
I get your point Abdullah but given the nature of how we all pass excrement through, out, um eliminate, there is no way to avoid at least some poop becoming aerosol(ed). But your point about this increasing the amount of particles and their range is a good one, a little scary in fact. Means a lot more cleaning of the bathroom is necessary at least!
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 01:22 AM   #11
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post

Another meaning to the term 'Duty Free'
Old 21 July 2018, 01:51 AM   #12
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
I get your point Abdullah but given the nature of how we all pass excrement through, out, um eliminate, there is no way to avoid at least some poop becoming aerosol(ed). But your point about this increasing the amount of particles and their range is a good one, a little scary in fact. Means a lot more cleaning of the bathroom is necessary at least!
It needs a vacuum system that creates a negative pressure in the bowl and discharges on the downstream side of the trap. Some type of cyclonic air system that entrains aerosols during the flush and transfers them to the drain will be required too. Maybe an air knife under the seat would do.

Put a UV system on a motion sensor to burn up any remaining bugs.
Old 21 July 2018, 01:56 AM   #13
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
I'll stick with the old-fashioned kind that has no automatic functions and doesn't spray particulate matter all over.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 02:23 AM   #14
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
What did one toilet say to the other toilet?

Are you OK? You look a little flushed

TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 02:24 AM   #15
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I tried one of those toilets when I was in Japan, almost went through the ceiling when the stream of water hit areas I’m not used to having anything hit.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 02:29 AM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Another meaning to the term 'Duty Free'
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 02:52 AM   #17
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
I'll stick with the old-fashioned kind that has no automatic functions and doesn't spray particulate matter all over.
Old-fashioned. No auto functions. Doesn't spray anything..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outhouse.jpg (79.5 KB, 224 views)
Old 21 July 2018, 03:01 AM   #18
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Old-fashioned. No auto functions. Doesn't spray anything..
And the relaxing hum of 10,000 flies perpetuating their species.
Old 21 July 2018, 03:24 AM   #19
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It needs a vacuum system that creates a negative pressure in the bowl and discharges on the downstream side of the trap. Some type of cyclonic air system that entrains aerosols during the flush and transfers them to the drain will be required too. Maybe an air knife under the seat would do.
One could install an aircraft vacuum toilet system. Also, pre-flush, the bathroom fan could run in reverse, drawing air in to slightly pre-pressurize the bathroom itself to assist with the flush proper. Uses a lot less water, no aerosols left to linger, and away go the bad smells too.
Old 21 July 2018, 03:26 AM   #20
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Perhaps TOTO should get NASA or Elon Musk involved...
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 03:39 AM   #21
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
One could install an aircraft vacuum toilet system. Also, pre-flush, the bathroom fan could run in reverse, drawing air in to slightly pre-pressurize the bathroom itself to assist with the flush proper. Uses a lot less water, no aerosols left to linger, and away go the bad smells too.
Probably cheaper than one of these LED illuminate custom commodes too.
Old 21 July 2018, 03:42 AM   #22
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And the relaxing hum of 10,000 flies perpetuating their species.
The sound of good, old-fashioned nature. I mean, if one questions heated/auto-lift seats, an array of spray functions, awesome mood lighting and other such toilet tech then surely one must also question the entire concept of indoor plumbing? Even an outhouse is a step up from a slit-trench latrine.

City water delivery, well-drilling, sewer lines or individual septic systems, pumps, pipes, plumbing, everything it takes to manufacture and install what's required....all very unnatural. A little electronic tech at the user-end of things is minor in comparison.
Old 21 July 2018, 04:10 AM   #23
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
The sound of good, old-fashioned nature. I mean, if one questions heated/auto-lift seats, an array of spray functions, awesome mood lighting and other such toilet tech then surely one must also question the entire concept of indoor plumbing? Even an outhouse is a step up from a slit-trench latrine.

City water delivery, well-drilling, sewer lines or individual septic systems, pumps, pipes, plumbing, everything it takes to manufacture and install what's required....all very unnatural. A little electronic tech at the user-end of things is minor in comparison.
Don’t be upset if your neighbor goes naturale on your doorstep.

The whole purpose of that infrastructure is public health. Conveying the filth to a treatment system to prevent pandemic disease in the community.

The LEDs and scent mists are putting lipstick on a turd. Which is fine, as long as it doesn’t create an airborne public health issue in the process.
Old 21 July 2018, 04:37 AM   #24
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don’t be upset if your neighbor goes naturale on your doorstep.

The whole purpose of that infrastructure is public health. Conveying the filth to a treatment system to prevent pandemic disease in the community.

The LEDs and scent mists are putting lipstick on a turd. Which is fine, as long as it doesn’t create an airborne public health issue in the process.
Yes, but "public health" itself is an entirely human concept, and only natural insofar as humans are part of nature. Yet nature doesn't care if we spend our lives sickly to die when we're 35 of some fecal-borne disease or we're 80 still hale, hearty, and happy until perhaps shot in bed by a jealous husband or in a flaming, Seniors' Circuit top fuel dragster accident. It is only we individual humans that care due to a mental and emotional connection for our own well-being. In this respect, and since the "public" is really just a large group of individuals, the emotional tranquility and boost of mental health an individual can derive from a heated seat toilet seat equipped blue LED bowl lights could be considered just as important to our human condition. Also, since everyone, everywhere has to "go" as a necessary bodily function, polishing this particular turd makes more sense than humans over-spending who knows how much on things like luxury watches.
Old 21 July 2018, 05:05 AM   #25
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Yes, but "public health" itself is an entirely human concept, and only natural insofar as humans are part of nature. Yet nature doesn't care if we spend our lives sickly to die when we're 35 of some fecal-borne disease or we're 80 still hale, hearty, and happy until perhaps shot in bed by a jealous husband or in a flaming, Seniors' Circuit top fuel dragster accident. It is only we individual humans that care due to a mental and emotional connection for our own well-being. In this respect, and since the "public" is really just a large group of individuals, the emotional tranquility and boost of mental health an individual can derive from a heated seat toilet seat equipped blue LED bowl lights could be considered just as important to our human condition. Also, since everyone, everywhere has to "go" as a necessary bodily function, polishing this particular turd makes more sense than humans over-spending who knows how much on things like luxury watches.
Except this particular polish covers the user in an emulsion of fecal matter. If they only knew, they’d be horrified, not relaxed.

As long as you’re pimping your ride, why not use tech that improves the health risk at the same time as it sooths the rough emotions people apparently have when venting their hole. Incorporate health tech (such as the aircraft lav system) along with the soothing LED illuminated bowl, scented mists, and scrolling forest themed video.
Old 21 July 2018, 05:20 AM   #26
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
well thats some mighty fine toilets
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 05:37 AM   #27
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Except this particular polish covers the user in an emulsion of fecal matter. If they only knew, they’d be horrified, not relaxed.

As long as you’re pimping your ride, why not use tech that improves the health risk at the same time as it sooths the rough emotions people apparently have when venting their hole. Incorporate health tech (such as the aircraft lav system) along with the soothing LED illuminated bowl, scented mists, and scrolling forest themed video.
I agree. I'm entirely supportive of aircraft-style bathroom vacuum systems in normal bathrooms for health reasons. In fact, I wonder if the air pressure flush-assist toilets they've devised now to make low-flow toilets actually work with 1 flush instead of 3 doesn't make the fecal-aerosal/airborne disease problem worse. First, desert-dwelling activists rendered shower heads so useless one had to double the time spent in the shower unless modified, then toilets that can't flush once and be done with it. The vacuum system is an answer to the health issue while keeping the water-savers who don't understand that people will just shower longer or flush more mollified.

I like the scrolling forest-themed video idea. Add chirping bird/babbling brook sounds, armrests, footrests, and a reclining lid function and one could easily take a nap in there.
Old 22 July 2018, 09:01 AM   #28
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I have the toto s350e washlet and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to join the 1st world. My bathroom gets cleaned regularly I’m not overly concerned about particulate and I don’t honestly see that as a problem. I don’t use the fan feature.
Old 22 July 2018, 10:34 AM   #29
goin camping
"TRF" Member

Wow, and the Mrs. and I thought we went hi tech with a Squatti-Potti...
goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 03:38 PM   #30
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin camping View Post
Wow, and the Mrs. and I thought we went hi tech with a Squatti-Potti...
Got that too lol

That baby is clutch