The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 24 February 2010, 10:26 AM   #121
Beaumont Miller II
"TRF" Member

Bevels

I want to thank jedly for educating me on the correct bevel for a vintage Rolex. Thank you also for taking the time to blow up those pictures and prove that the bevel is actually there but hard to see. I agree 100% that what we see very rarely is what the actual bevel looked like, and what we see more often is the result of over polishing of the watches lugs and crown guards. When we see one where the lugs look thick people tell us that it has barely been polished, now we know.

Quick question, since this thread has taken a turn already and if the mods permit. Am I correct that the picture of the Sea Dweller in the brochure had lugs of different width, and it left the factory that way, or was that an optical illusion?

Thanks for the clinic
Beaumont
Beaumont Miller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 10:50 AM   #122
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
sorry DD2 misread your post, thought it was your waves booklet ....

(and Mav, remember when we used to go on for days about stuff like this, back before people started having a go at each other every time they opened their mouths... :( )
Oh yes, Jed, I sure do. As Yogi would say, "It's like deja vu all over again." =) maverick
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2010, 02:24 PM   #123
DadsWatch72
Banned

Watch: DRSD 1665 #3551XXX
Quote: (and Mav, remember when we used to go on for days about stuff like this, back before people started having a go at each other every time they opened their mouths... :( )

Exactly.......same principle as a "Think Tank". If you lock a bunch of overachievers in a room.......eventually they will stumble across something that makes them all stop....stare at each other for a moment........they say "no shit, thats right".
DadsWatch72 is offline   Reply With Quote