The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 20 January 2013, 04:57 AM   #91
steve-o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue TT Sub
A very odd start to this thread indeed.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:05 AM   #92
Tijssan
"TRF" Member

Watch: this...
I actually think OP has such a bad sense of humor it actually is funny... C'mon - look at all the responses!!!

haha!
Old 20 January 2013, 05:21 AM   #93
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkitt View Post
I dont know why im bothering with this... I guess im board.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

According to to forum clock you originally posted at 5.19pm . You made further posts "bolstering" your story at 6.53pm and 7.22pm. So you where on line for 2 hours playing with your little "joke".
You made another post at 5.27am, you made a further post at 6.18am, then your "its all a joke" post at 6.22am.

Nice work!!!!!
A full TWO HOURS!?!?!? How did you ever live with the suspense?????

What could I possibly achieve from you guys believing my story other than "oh that sucks" It's not like I was waiting for one of you to be like "Here sir! take my $1000 for your completely ruined dial, I don't need pictures!"

The OP was made to be unbelievable so that you wouldn't believe it.. so that when I made the post about the old lady, you would get the joke... But I guess this thread must mean I am trying to scam someone into buying a 5513.

Are you guys really this uptight and paranoid that you think I am now a scammer? No where was I trying to sell anyone a dial in this thread. My 5513 is already sold so thanks mods for deleting my for sale thread.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:24 AM   #94
hlimrolex
Banned

I guess I just must have bad sense of humor. SORRY! I am a very respected veterinarian, I don't need to scam people. Someone please explain how I could have possible been trying to pull a scam with this thread...
Old 20 January 2013, 05:28 AM   #95
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlimrolex View Post
I guess I just must have bad sense of humor. SORRY! I am a very respected veterinarian, I don't need to scam people. Someone please explain how I could have possible been trying to pull a scam with this thread...
Give it a rest already.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:31 AM   #96
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Give it a rest already.
So I am just supposed to agree with people thinking I am a scammer?
Old 20 January 2013, 05:33 AM   #97
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
So I am just supposed to agree with people thinking I am a scammer?
Well, you didn't come off as an honest seller when you tried to swap watches with the guy in UK.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:34 AM   #98
SPARTAN2161
Banned

Watch: me flip
In before the lock!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 20 January 2013, 05:35 AM   #99
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
Well, you didn't come off as an honest seller when you tried to swap watches with the guy in UK.
What are you talking about?
Old 20 January 2013, 05:36 AM   #100
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Even vegetarians makes mistakes.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:38 AM   #101
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
Even vegetarians makes mistakes.

I'm not a vegetarian... and I also don't know what youre talking about trading with someone in UK
Old 20 January 2013, 05:42 AM   #102
MonBK
Banned

Didn't you try to trade your watch for a gold Omega last week?
Old 20 January 2013, 05:48 AM   #103
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
Didn't you try to trade your watch for a gold Omega last week?
Yes I remember that now. He asked me if I had references and I responded with this "I do not have any references because I just joined and have never bought or sold so it sounds like a good idea for me to send my watch to someone you know before you send me your watch."

How does that seem like trying to be anything but honest? I offered to send my watch to someone he knew with references to make sure my watch was okay before he sent his...

I made no effort to have him send me his watch before my watch was in the hands of another member with references.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:50 AM   #104
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Yes I remember that now. He asked me if I had references and I responded with this "I do not have any references because I just joined and have never bought or sold so it sounds like a good idea for me to send my watch to someone you know before you send me your watch."

How does that seem like trying to be anything but honest? I offered to send my watch to someone he knew with references to make sure my watch was okay before he sent his...

I made no effort to have him send me his watch before my watch was in the hands of another member with references.
Ok, must have been another vegetarian in Ca, my mistake.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:54 AM   #105
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
Ok, must have been another vegetarian in Ca.
I'm not a vegetarian... I'm not sure how any of what I sent to him was trying to scam him. Why would I send my watch to someone I don't know if I am trying to scam someone.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:55 AM   #106
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
I'm not a vegetarian... I'm not sure how any of what I sent to him was trying to scam him. Why would I send my watch to someone I don't know if I am trying to scam someone.
See, it wasn't you.
Old 20 January 2013, 05:57 AM   #107
hlimrolex
Banned

Him:

"Hi yes I'm happy to do the trade with you directly if you have any references please don't take offence if not if its okay with you I will contact a fellow trf member monbk with many references please check him out so you are happy there is an issue with importing into the uk as duty is very high what part of the United States are you in if its ok with you we both send the watches to mon he will check them both and forward them on to each of us unless you can think of another way also can I have a pic of the 16800 with the papers regards mat"

My response:

"I do not have any references because I just joined and have never bought or sold so it sounds like a good idea to send my watch to someone you know before you send me your watch. I'll be home in a few hours and can send the pictures of the 16800 then."
Old 20 January 2013, 05:58 AM   #108
hlimrolex
Banned

It actually appears he wanted me to send my watch to you. And I agreed. How is that considered trying to scam someone?
Old 20 January 2013, 06:02 AM   #109
Grissom
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc 18K/SS
Good grief.....give it a rest! Are you trying to be banned???

Who else needs an Intervention?
(109 297) (137 237) (73 115) (221) (23) (56) (229) P-Club Member #5

RIP JJ Irani - TRF Legend
Old 20 January 2013, 06:04 AM   #110
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
It actually appears he wanted me to send my watch to you. And I agreed. How is that considered trying to scam someone?
It was a joke Mr. nonvegetarian veterinarian, have you no sense of humor, I thought you liked these kinds of stupid jokes?.
Old 20 January 2013, 06:04 AM   #111
bgriz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the markets
This thread has run its course I'm IBTL
126334 DJ41 in blue, fluted, on jubilee
116509 Daytona WG Panda
114060 Sub no date
126621 YM Chocolate dial Root Beer
126710BLNR Batman
126613LB Bluesy
126711CHNR GMT II Root Beer
Old 20 January 2013, 06:06 AM   #112
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgriz View Post
This thread has run its course I'm IBTL
It actually did with post #1
Old 20 January 2013, 06:08 AM   #113
bgriz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the markets
Quote:
It actually did with post #1
True
126334 DJ41 in blue, fluted, on jubilee
116509 Daytona WG Panda
114060 Sub no date
126621 YM Chocolate dial Root Beer
126710BLNR Batman
126613LB Bluesy
126711CHNR GMT II Root Beer
Old 20 January 2013, 06:32 AM   #114
HRV
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX
What a waste of time to read
Old 20 January 2013, 06:41 AM   #115
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
A full TWO HOURS!?!?!? How did you ever live with the suspense?????

What could I possibly achieve from you guys believing my story other than "oh that sucks" It's not like I was waiting for one of you to be like "Here sir! take my $1000 for your completely ruined dial, I don't need pictures!"

The OP was made to be unbelievable so that you wouldn't believe it.. so that when I made the post about the old lady, you would get the joke... But I guess this thread must mean I am trying to scam someone into buying a 5513.

Are you guys really this uptight and paranoid that you think I am now a scammer? No where was I trying to sell anyone a dial in this thread. My 5513 is already sold so thanks mods for deleting my for sale thread.

This guy is just trying to throw it in the mods faces. We definitely need a banning. IMHO.
Old 20 January 2013, 06:47 AM   #116
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can't believe what I just did. I have (had) a 1963 meters first 5512 gilt dial. It was in perfect condition as well. It had been taken off by the original owner and kept in the box untouched for 50 or so years. Perfect dial with a nice orange patina. When I was putting it in a safer dial container, I accidently got a drop of water on it from just have washing my face. I quickly grabbed a washcloth that was sitting on the desk next to me to "dab" off the water. When I looked back at the dial, all that was left was a black smear and metal showing... not even a single letter or hour marker left... I had accidently used a washcloth my girlfriend had just used to remove her nail polish, and destroyed the dial with acetone.... I feel like such an idiot right now.
Quote:
I had just come back from the gym and washed my face and I noticed I had left the dial out on my desk and wanted to put it back in its dial case.
Quote:
Yes. Its was left out and I wanted to put it in a safer dial container than just leaving it on the desk.
Quote:
Sorry for the slight trolling. In all seriousness though, I did accidental ruin an old meters first 5512 dial by accidentally wiping it with acetone. It was a refinished dial worth about $50 though so no worries. So dont get acetone near a dial! haha

and also dont try to ask for help in tricking old ladies when you lose their stuff ;)
The reason I've not personally locked this thread is that it really shows the OP in a bad light, vet or not.

... and now he's glad I deleted his FS thread since he's already sold the watch. I'll cross my fingers on that one turning out ok.

I'm on the brink of deleting his membership. Perhaps a little sarcasic remark from him will make it easy.
Old 20 January 2013, 06:54 AM   #117
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
It was a joke Mr. nonvegetarian veterinarian, have you no sense of humor, I thought you liked these kinds of stupid jokes?.
Now I understand why none of you got the joke. This is your kind of humor. Calling someone a vegetarian instead of veterinarian... Thats the kind of joke a young child would make. I'm guessing with all of you being so much older than me, there is a significant difference in our sense of humor.
Old 20 January 2013, 06:56 AM   #118
hlimrolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
The reason I've not personally locked this thread is that it really shows the OP in a bad light, vet or not.

... and now he's glad I deleted his FS thread since he's already sold the watch. I'll cross my fingers on that one turning out ok.

I'm on the brink of deleting his membership. Perhaps a little sarcasic remark from him will make it easy.
you can go ahead and delete my membership. I do not want to belong to a forum where a bunch of 40+ year olds get extremely offended over a joke they don't understand.
Old 20 January 2013, 06:57 AM   #119
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Now I understand why none of you got the joke. This is your kind of humor. Calling someone a vegetarian instead of veterinarian... Thats the kind of joke a young child would make. I'm guessing with all of you being so much older than me, there is a significant difference in our sense of humor.
You are correct and I apologize for stuping to your level.
Old 20 January 2013, 07:03 AM   #120
Grissom
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc 18K/SS
Quote:
you can go ahead and delete my membership. I do not want to belong to a forum where a bunch of 40+ year olds get extremely offended over a joke they don't understand.
Well, I guess that says it all..........

(By the way, G-d help your "patients" if this is how you behave.......I cannot imagine you actually work for yourself.....you must be an employee of a "Banfield" type organization...)

Who else needs an Intervention?
(109 297) (137 237) (73 115) (221) (23) (56) (229) P-Club Member #5

RIP JJ Irani - TRF Legend
Closed Thread