The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 October 2014, 12:44 PM   #121
acftmech

Very nice George.
acftmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2014, 01:15 PM   #122
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Dude - came out great. BZ
Old 2 October 2014, 01:16 PM   #123
acftmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownMe View Post
Jason that was perfect

it wasnt that serious and nobody was rude about reminding the op of the rules. Im just glad he had that "Look at me" mindset for a short while so we could see that beautiful Sub
Trying to be graceful here: Please understand that what is serious to one may not be serious to another. Sorry if I came off a bit strong. Guns are actually a bigger part of my life than any watch will ever be. To me they are just a beautiful tool not unlike a watch but also more. Retaking my photos to appease a forum where firearms are treated as offensive is only contributing to the irrational fears that many try to propagate in current society. I can't do it. Their deleted that's fair enough.

(It seems odd that a member can achieve "Bond007" status on a forum that considers guns offensive. Bond. as in James Bond the gun toting killer spy.)

The ultimate "graceful" move would have been to just delete this entire thread and leave as soon as I realized the forums position but editing is not possible after a short time. So the only remaining option is to openly and honestly explain my position. I'm not interested in changing the forum nor am I willing to concede on my convictions.
Now can we just talk about watches?
I think I'm going to sell the 1971 folded bracelet that was on the watch. It wasn't the proper band anyway. I believe the proper course is to post in the classifieds right?
Old 2 October 2014, 02:06 PM   #124
Jason71
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor Divers
Quote:
Originally Posted by acftmech View Post
Trying to be graceful here: Please understand that what is serious to one may not be serious to another. Sorry if I came off a bit strong. Guns are actually a bigger part of my life than any watch will ever be. To me they are just a beautiful tool not unlike a watch but also more. Retaking my photos to appease a forum where firearms are treated as offensive is only contributing to the irrational fears that many try to propagate in current society. I can't do it. Their deleted that's fair enough.

(It seems odd that a member can achieve "Bond007" status on a forum that considers guns offensive. Bond. as in James Bond the gun toting killer spy.)

The ultimate "graceful" move would have been to just delete this entire thread and leave as soon as I realized the forums position but editing is not possible after a short time. So the only remaining option is to openly and honestly explain my position. I'm not interested in changing the forum nor am I willing to concede on my convictions.
Now can we just talk about watches?
I think I'm going to sell the 1971 folded bracelet that was on the watch. It wasn't the proper band anyway. I believe the proper course is to post in the classifieds right?
It might not have been the original bracelet, but it is the bracelet your father used for likely many years.........I'm a sentimental guy.......I'm not saying "don't sell it"......but maybe just think long and hard before you do........

They aren't making any more of those folded link bracelets, so I doubt the value / sale prices will decrease anytime soon. Do you need the money??

Just Say "NO" to Polishing
Card-Carrying Member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch Curmudgeons
LIfe is too short to wear inexpensive watches
PLEXI IS SEXY
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2014, 09:18 PM   #125
acftmech

I'm a sentimental guy too. So much stuff...Where does one draw the line?
Old 5 October 2014, 10:57 PM   #126
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
The bracelet sometimes can be restored. (it would be worth it to me )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2014, 12:38 AM   #127
acftmech

Well that didn't take long, I've lost the bezel from the watch. No idea where or when. May have been outside on a leafy road while moving some brush. Looked for it for a couple hours. Guess I need to find a new one. Sigh.
Old 17 October 2014, 04:27 AM   #128
vintagewaferthin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air-King 5500
Wow! Looks great!
vintagewaferthin is offline   Reply With Quote