The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 April 2020, 01:46 PM   #1
danipan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedlee View Post

I owned a black sub-c for a few years and then sold it and upgraded to the HULK (Paid $7K for it back in 2016!). Never felt there was a comfort issue with the watches and absolutely loved them.

Fast forward a few more years and I definitely noticed a difference in comfort when I put on the GMT and it was only then that I realized the casebook was thinner. I have a 6.75" flat wrist so I guess it just worked better for my shape and size.

Can't go wrong with either watch as they are amazing, but GMT has a clear purpose for me as someone who travels for business so it was more versatile. One lesson I will absolutely learn after owning modern sport Rolex models for the past 6 years is to stop flipping and just hold on to the watches. Every time I have had to buy back a piece I regretted flipping, I have had to pay on average $2K more in price due to appreciation!
Did you buy back the black SubC?
danipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 01:52 PM   #2
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Very easy to wear and I would say the ultimate daily wear watch except I like the EXP II as a daily wear slightly more with its larger/flatter caseback which makes it slighty more comfortable wear for me.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 02:48 PM   #3
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
You’ll get used to either and then you won’t even think about it. Get the one you like more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 03:25 PM   #4
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
You’ll get used to either and then you won’t even think about it. Get the one you like more now.

Kinda this. The sub felt huge when I first strapped it on. Been wearing it a year and a half and it feels weird to not have it on. FWIW the 5 digit and 6 digit are the same thickness. It's more about which version you prefer.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 05:34 AM   #5
matteo509
"TRF" Member

Great information! Do you all think it would be possible to put a gmt-c case back on the sub-c? I just read a thread where the OP did this on his 5 digit sub to get the slimmest sub he could and he loves it!
matteo509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 05:50 AM   #6
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Submariner wearability

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo509 View Post
Great information! Do you all think it would be possible to put a gmt-c case back on the sub-c? I just read a thread where the OP did this on his 5 digit sub to get the slimmest sub he could and he loves it!

For what the difference is I really don’t think it’s worth it not to mention I’m not into swapping parts of a watch I spend thousands of dollars on.

EDIT: I just saw you created your own thread on this so why would you also ask the question here.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 09:04 AM   #7
Aplover5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post

Agree. I wore my sub 24/7 for many years and hardly knew I was wearing it.
Aplover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 02:59 PM   #8
campfire
"TRF" Member

My experience is a 5 digit. My bracelet is fit just right and it stays in place.
campfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 03:38 PM   #9
lowprofile
"TRF" Member

I have a 5 digit sub and the new smp300. The sub was very comfy.

Ar first I thought that the omega is probably heavier with the chunky bracelet so I got NATO straps for it. It was still less comfortable than the 16610. But tons better than when it was on a bracelet.

The 16610 seems to be the most comfortable watch I have.

Slim and light that I can sleep with it at night. I have a mi fit plastic band that I feel is more uncomfortable than the sub when I sleep with it.
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 03:43 PM   #10
Matt_01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II BLNR
I found my Sub C was more uncomfortable than the Batman on Jubilee. Both in respect of the case back and the strap. Although the glide lock on the Submariner is something I miss.

That said the Sub was not uncomfortable on the wrist at all and felt a more robust watch.
Matt_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 04:21 PM   #11
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I own subC and GMt2 and with a 7 inch wrist, the gmt is definitely a bit more comfortable.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 04:29 PM   #12
Ihatecheese
Banned

As many others share. Be wary if you wear long sleeve shirts that are fitted. It can catch. Even my 5 digit does so I wear explorer or slimmer watches. No issue ATM tho!
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 06:10 AM   #13
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I have the 116610LV and the 116613LB. Both are comparatively light and comfortable. I can wear either all day every day and not feel any discomfort. My wrists are small and oval. They are not uniformly oval and watches tend to settle a bit high up, so that there is more wrist visible under the 6 than above the 12. That's just how it is for me. For most of my watches, including my Sub Dates, I have managed to arrange the links and clasp to minimise it. But I can't change my wrist shape.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 08:16 AM   #14
CaliSpecial
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
I have the 116610LV and the 116613LB. Both are comparatively light and comfortable. I can wear either all day every day and not feel any discomfort. My wrists are small and oval. They are not uniformly oval and watches tend to settle a bit high up, so that there is more wrist visible under the 6 than above the 12. That's just how it is for me. For most of my watches, including my Sub Dates, I have managed to arrange the links and clasp to minimise it. But I can't change my wrist shape.
Sounds like you have exactly the same shape wrist as me! It took ages but I finally got my 114060 to a comfort level where I could daily drive it!
CaliSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 06:21 AM   #15
Psijason
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamster 300 Green
It's my daily. Super comfortable!!! No worries.
Psijason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 06:47 AM   #16
pikers
"TRF" Member

I have a 114060 and I can say that the prodruding case back isn't overly noticeable on the wrist. With that being said, I do find that the GMTs and other Rolex's other sports watches (e.g. OP, Daytona, Explorer, etc.) do sit better on my wrist due to the case back being more flush with the case. I wouldn't say "Don't buy one." due to the case back but you may want to try one on before pulling the trigger.

I have become used after wearing it for about 1.5 yrs, especially when I wear it for weeks at a time. Give it a shot!
pikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 06:55 AM   #17
garbanzo
"TRF" Member

I know what you mean.
On my flat wrist the 116610ln sits high. GMT II, Daytona and YM are more comfortable dailies, and also SD43 feels more right on the wrist.
But then - my 116618 feels nice and flat. Strange.
Old 25 April 2020, 08:48 AM   #18
D.P.G.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR (2019)
The GMT Master II has a thinner case back which is one major reason I switched to it from the sub I wore daily for 12 years as it sit's much better on my wrist and is way more comfortable. Then the jubilee bracelet is far superior in every way from the oyster. The new GMT Master ll is the most comfortable watch I ever wore you forget it's on.
D.P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 09:45 AM   #19
Dahh
Banned

The Sub is one of the most comfy watches for me, but then you should get the one you like the more.
Dahh is offline   Reply With Quote