The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 May 2022, 09:32 AM   #241
chocopeluche
2022 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowheelies View Post
Thank you. I will check them out now. I wasn’t aware that OEM parts, to that extent, were still available. I assumed NOS only as I have found some at fairly shocking prices from independents leading me to believe they were no longer available. Is the only way to inquire for RSC parts via an AD?
honestly skip the AD and just contact the RSC's directly. You can call first and then start emailing with someone for follow-up. Ive dealt with Beverly Hills and Dallas. From my experience Dallas is the US "hub" as Beverly Hills has deferred to them on some repairs.

I guess now that Im thinking, if you have an aftermarket bezel they won't service and you can't buy parts direct. If you can source an authentic bezel and have it installed then you should be able to send it into an RSC for "service" and during that service request a new bracelet and mid-case. You'll have to pay for a full-service which is like $900, Bracelet maybe $1200, and midcase maybe the same ? Im not sure, but the up-side is it will be 100% working and like-new, and I think comes with a RSC warranty for some time maybe 1 year ?

Also at RSC, if you send it in and ask for a quote with the above, you don't have to do any of it, you can decline service and have the watch sent back to you. I think you just pay return shipping.

LAWW polishing is about $950, but results may vary based on how much metal you have left.

SF, CA
chocopeluche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 09:04 PM   #242
dowheelies
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Again many thanks. There is RSC Miami close by and I do have an original dial and local watchmaker is going to put in for me. The bezel is the last frontier before RSC, watchmaker in combing his sources.
dowheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 12:35 AM   #243
kyo86sg
"TRF" Member

Hi All, I have a champagne dial 17013 and wanted to change it to another dial colour (via RSC), can I ask what your pick if given the choice of Black, Silver and Blue?

Currently I have the 116623 (Bluesy) , 116622 (Yachtmaster 40 Blue) and a 118238 (Champagne dial daydate).

Not sure if I go with the Blue, will it be too bluely in my collection? haha first world problem.
kyo86sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 08:14 AM   #244
chocopeluche
2022 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo86sg View Post
Hi All, I have a champagne dial 17013 and wanted to change it to another dial colour (via RSC), can I ask what your pick if given the choice of Black, Silver and Blue?

Currently I have the 116623 (Bluesy) , 116622 (Yachtmaster 40 Blue) and a 118238 (Champagne dial daydate).

Not sure if I go with the Blue, will it be too bluely in my collection? haha first world problem.
Ive found that the darker dials pick up the most reflections underneath the cyclops, but you can solve for this if you get a new AR crystal from RSC at the same time you do the dial. I have one of these on my 17000 and it looks so much better.

Onto the colors, I like the idea of getting a blue one, but you already have a couple blue dials so maybe go with black to get some variety ?

SF, CA
chocopeluche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 01:46 AM   #245
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

My 17013
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0007_1.JPG (152.7 KB, 33 views)

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 10:58 AM   #246
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
Swe-jin!
Old 18 May 2022, 12:57 AM   #247
filtragem
"TRF" Member

Hello,

Since Rolex updated the cost of battery exchange service to 70/100 euros I am planning to buy the tools to exchange to battery of my oysterquartz by myself.
Does anyone knows the size of the screwdriver to unscrew the battery bridle that holds the battery?
It's 1mm?
If it helps the screw reference is 56011-3

Thank you in advance for the help
filtragem is offline   Reply With Quote