The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 June 2018, 10:19 PM   #61
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Good timing, look at the grey prices to comfort you as you watch Brazil struggle in the WC . We English don't have to tho, doing well for once!
I did find some comfort on the wrist during the opening match!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 01:47 AM   #62
erickucla
"TRF" Member

I had a really good exp when I visited the store a few weeks ago. The sales lady was patient with me and showed me a bunch of watches. I have no purchase history whatsoever. I specifically inquired about the ROC, to which she indicated that that all dials (other than blue) require about 6 months, and the blue dial wait is about 1 year WITH purchase history.
erickucla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 01:48 AM   #63
kevblah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickucla View Post
I had a really good exp when I visited the store a few weeks ago. The sales lady was patient with me and showed me a bunch of watches. I have no purchase history whatsoever. I specifically inquired about the ROC, to which she indicated that that all dials (other than blue) require about 6 months, and the blue dial wait is about 1 year WITH purchase history.
How does this store even stay in business when other stores will quote a 1-2 month wait at the most for a ROC?
kevblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 01:48 AM   #64
erickucla
"TRF" Member

Sorry just to add, I really do think your attitude going into a store like that matters. I think if you go in there with a smile on your face showing a lot of interest and enthusiasm for the brand and asking pointed questions, you will get good service. Just my two cents.
Old 20 June 2018, 03:21 AM   #65
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
I did find some comfort on the wrist during the opening match!
I think you will be alright, you have a lot of great players going forward but your defence seems a bit weak still, thought they were supposed to be better organised now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:24 AM   #66
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I think you will be alright, you have a lot of great players going forward but your defence seems a bit weak still, thought they were supposed to be better organised now.
Our defence is historically unstable, but I suppose that is only fair.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 11:38 AM   #67
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickucla View Post
Sorry just to add, I really do think your attitude going into a store like that matters. I think if you go in there with a smile on your face showing a lot of interest and enthusiasm for the brand and asking pointed questions, you will get good service. Just my two cents.
I was beyond excited to be there......my first time in an AP boutique. I was enthusiastic and very nice but they clearly didn't give a damn.
The day before I had left a message for a particular person (the same guy who runs it), and he never returned my call, nor did he even apologize for not doing so when we met face to face the following day.

It comes from the guy who runs that boutique, and whose name I won't mention, but suffice it to say, when I mentioned my experience in the BH boutique to another AP boutique after they asked me to elaborate, the response I got was "we are so sorry to hear that, but also not surprised".

There is one person there whom I heard is very good-- I believe her name is Ebony. I was hoping to find her when I got there but she wasn't working that day, unfortunately.
It's possible the person who posted a positive review about his experience there dealt with her.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 01:31 PM   #68
erickucla
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear it. FYI I’m in the AP boutique in Macau now and they have a black ROC ready to buy now. Really nice folks there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmd View Post
I was beyond excited to be there......my first time in an AP boutique. I was enthusiastic and very nice but they clearly didn't give a damn.
The day before I had left a message for a particular person (the same guy who runs it), and he never returned my call, nor did he even apologize for not doing so when we met face to face the following day.

It comes from the guy who runs that boutique, and whose name I won't mention, but suffice it to say, when I mentioned my experience in the BH boutique to another AP boutique after they asked me to elaborate, the response I got was "we are so sorry to hear that, but also not surprised".

There is one person there whom I heard is very good-- I believe her name is Ebony. I was hoping to find her when I got there but she wasn't working that day, unfortunately.
It's possible the person who posted a positive review about his experience there dealt with her.
Old 20 June 2018, 01:43 PM   #69
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
That’s too bad your boutique experience was so poor in BH. I’ve been to the NYC boutique several times and was always treated well. I also went to the Paris boutique and the staff were friendly despite me dressing like crap compared to all of the Parisians.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 04:58 PM   #70
appa666
"TRF" Member

I had a bad experience there too. Sales were being very pushy, so basically they asked at begining "are you buying it today".
i think unless its a grail piece, that behaviour and attitude would make anyone want to leave immediately.
appa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 08:13 AM   #71
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Ben I can say that certainly in the case of the London AP office this couldn’t be further from the truth. I recently introduced one of my oldest friends to them, he wanted 4 watches which are all in demand and they have gone above and beyond to fulfill his order. The relationship hasn’t ended there and with the way he’s been treated he’ll be a customer for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that's probably because they know you well, I know that if I recommended someone to my PP AD and the friend would want 4 in demand models my AD would ask me 20 times if he is not buying to sell for a profit, but that is PP, hard to get models are nearly impossible to get, he has huge demand from existing clients, and with many you can make a lot of money if you decide to sell them.

The only time I really felt like I was the Titanic and going to run into an iceberg was the manager of the Panerai Boutique in Paris, cold as ice, but it made me smile and I just went away, I don't like that kind of behavior and if I give my money I expect to be treated well, maybe some people find this kind of attitude cool or exclusive, not sure, I find it stupid and don't insist when it happens to me, but it rarely does in fact
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 09:50 AM   #72
slayers
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202st 116610ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
That’s too bad your boutique experience was so poor in BH. I’ve been to the NYC boutique several times and was always treated well. I also went to the Paris boutique and the staff were friendly despite me dressing like crap compared to all of the Parisians.
Yeah it's amazing how differently the experience is. Even though the NYC tourist is probably filled with tourists who don't really care about what's behind the timepieces themselves, the employees are very knowledgeable about each movement, the company, and history and seems very happy to share this with you!

Probably has to do with just the work culture at the respective boutiques I suppose, although AFAIK they're managed by the same person right (Jasmine Bapic)?
slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 10:40 AM   #73
doctoryellow
"TRF" Member

I was at the Las Vegas boutique recently and got the “it’s impossible” response when asking to be on the wait list for the 15202. I suddenly realized this is probably how it felt to be discriminated against in the past - “We don’t serve new clients”

My money can go elsewhere
doctoryellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 10:54 AM   #74
Rockland
"TRF" Member

I stopped into the Beverly Hills store twice today and my experience with the sales executive Kimberly was highly positive. She was terrific. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The CEO Antonio Seward was also in the store on my 2nd visit. He was also engaging. I was interested in the Ti44 and the 26405CE and they were upfront with me that I need to have a purchase history to get on the wait list for the CE. Totally understandable. So, I will strongly consider the Ti44. Not sure how people have had bad experiences in this store? I think everyone was very nice!
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 11:10 AM   #75
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Unfortunate choice of thread subject, as the staff at the other AP Boutique in BH (Bal Harbour) have been great.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 12:02 PM   #76
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockland View Post
I stopped into the Beverly Hills store twice today and my experience with the sales executive Kimberly was highly positive. She was terrific. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The CEO Antonio Seward was also in the store on my 2nd visit. He was also engaging. I was interested in the Ti44 and the 26405CE and they were upfront with me that I need to have a purchase history to get on the wait list for the CE. Totally understandable. So, I will strongly consider the Ti44. Not sure how people have had bad experiences in this store? I think everyone was very nice!
The problem is the purchase history isn’t consistent between boutiques. My buddy couldn’t get a blue dial ROC without buying another watch first yet others have called boutiques and gotten them without boutique purchase history. I think it might be because some boutiques are in partnership with Westime vs direct through AP so there can be inconsistency. I will say the staff at the BH boutique has always been friendly, accommodating and highly knowledgeable of AP watches and the history of the brand.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 12:16 PM   #77
Razorsedge1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Unfortunate choice of thread subject, as the staff at the other AP Boutique in BH (Bal Harbour) have been great.

Agreed. I recently purchased watch at Bal Harbour and staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful.
Razorsedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 02:29 PM   #78
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Had I known about the boutique in Bal Harbour before I typed the title, I would have been more specific and stated Beverly Hills.

Bal Harbour was absolutely fantastic when I called and they wanted to know about my experience at the Beverly Hills boutique. When I conveyed it, they told me it wasn't the first time they had heard about less than great experiences by customers at the beverly hills boutique.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 02:37 PM   #79
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmd View Post
Had I known about the boutique in Bal Harbour before I typed the title, I would have been more specific and stated Beverly Hills.

Bal Harbour was absolutely fantastic when I called and they wanted to know about my experience at the Beverly Hills boutique. When I conveyed it, they told me it wasn't the first time they had heard about less than great experiences by customers at the beverly hills boutique.
Yeah correct me if I’m wrong but the only AP owned boutiques in North America are NYC on 57th and Bal Harbour in Miami. West coast are both 3rd party franchises.
Old 1 July 2018, 02:47 PM   #80
singe89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Yeah correct me if I’m wrong but the only AP owned boutiques in North America are NYC on 57th and Bal Harbour in Miami. West coast are both 3rd party franchises.
Believe so. Vegas and LA are in partnership with Westime.
Old 1 July 2018, 02:57 PM   #81
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
Side story I totally valeted my car today with my AP in the back seat box and all

I power walked like a gazelle back to the car after dinner...

Fortunately some not so nosey and good men on the job tonight
Old 1 July 2018, 03:18 PM   #82
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Side story I totally valeted my car today with my AP in the back seat box and all

Yeah, you are lucky. My BMW 750 was stolen by a valet 3 weeks ago.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 03:19 PM   #83
singe89
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Haha I would have been sprinting. Glad it was still there.
Old 1 July 2018, 09:01 PM   #84
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
According to AP’s website, there are 5 boutiques (3 owned/operated by Westime and 2 corporate owned):

LV - Westime
BH- Westime
NYC - AP
Bal Harbour - AP
Miami - Westime

I had a great experience at the Miami - Westime boutique via phone and text. My 15450 blue is expected in this week. It took just over three months from the time I left a deposit.
Old 1 July 2018, 10:40 PM   #85
DTNSS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
According to AP’s website, there are 5 boutiques (3 owned/operated by Westime and 2 corporate owned):

LV - Westime
BH- Westime
NYC - AP
Bal Harbour - AP
Miami - Westime

I had a great experience at the Miami - Westime boutique via phone and text. My 15450 blue is expected in this week. It took just over three months from the time I left a deposit.
Did you have prior purchasing history with Westime?
DTNSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 11:34 PM   #86
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNSS View Post
Did you have prior purchasing history with Westime?
Nope. Got lucky I guess I’ll take it cause I’ve never had luck obtaining hard to get pieces with the exception of a SS Daytona 116250 about 9 years ago.
Old 2 July 2018, 12:36 AM   #87
Nephro
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
+1 on the Bal Harbour boutique. Friendly and helpful folks there.
Patek Philippe 5712R-001, Audemars Piguet 15400ST Ruthenium dial, Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V Blue dial, Rolex 326933, Rolex 116523, Rolex 126710BLNR, Rolex 116610LV, Rolex 116613LB, Rolex 126300 Wimbledon dial, JLC Master Compressor Navy SEAL's Diving Alarm, PAM 1499
Omega Constellation 1967, G Shock
Nephro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2018, 02:45 AM   #88
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Swings and roundabouts!

Plus directly is retail only but then typically get perks such as factory invites, gifts etc.
Not necessarily, when I got my ce diver from the Boutique in Paris I got 10% off, but the guy selling it to me was the director of the Boutique, might have helped...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2018, 03:22 AM   #89
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Depressing visit to the AP Boutique in BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockland View Post
Yeah, you are lucky. My BMW 750 was stolen by a valet 3 weeks ago.

Wow that’s crazy. Sorry to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Not necessarily, when I got my ce diver from the Boutique in Paris I got 10% off, but the guy selling it to me was the director of the Boutique, might have helped...

Those days are long over me thinks arnaud! You really cleaned up nicely before all this madness set it my friend. 5711, 5712, 15707, 116500 lol well played
Old 2 July 2018, 03:53 AM   #90
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
As above I’m talking currently!

But still 10% is far less then dealer pricing when supplying an AD.

They’ll always be exceptions but as a whole cutting out the AD will increase profit per unit.

From memory didn’t you claim duty back as well so a right steal on the Ce Diver?
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote