The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 June 2018, 10:51 PM   #1
mokytron
"TRF" Member

AP ROO 42mm plots?

Hey guys i don't frequent the forums as much but just wanted to chime in and see if anyone knows where we spare plots can be bought?
I have the oem rubber strap on my 15703st as well as the metal bracelet with the 1.5link (it makes the bracelet fit like a charm). But now I was just wonder who would have spare plots so that strap changes would be easier say with a horus or leather strap?

thoughts?
mokytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 12:08 AM   #2
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokytron View Post
Hey guys i don't frequent the forums as much but just wanted to chime in and see if anyone knows where we spare plots can be bought?
I have the oem rubber strap on my 15703st as well as the metal bracelet with the 1.5link (it makes the bracelet fit like a charm). But now I was just wonder who would have spare plots so that strap changes would be easier say with a horus or leather strap?

thoughts?
Contact APNA parts, they can sell you some.

APNA.Parts@audemarspiguet.com
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 01:13 AM   #3
mokytron
"TRF" Member

much thanks V25V
Will get in touch with them and see.
Old 20 June 2018, 01:49 PM   #4
dayusmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokytron View Post

thoughts?

I have never seen a 1.5 link. Would you be so kind to post a couple pictures?
Old 20 June 2018, 01:58 PM   #5
Tourbeon
"TRF" Member

I got mine from AP clearwater. Its basically a link that is one and a half size compared to a regular link. Shorter than 2 links together. Ill post pics later.
Tourbeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 12:03 AM   #6
mokytron
"TRF" Member

the part where my thumb is the 1.5 link
also included a photo with the part number
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180621_065112.jpg (270.2 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180621_065247.jpg (258.1 KB, 169 views)
Old 22 June 2018, 05:06 AM   #7
ufboy73
Banned

They really need to do a 1/2 link vs 1.5 link..,i just went through this on my AP and i felt the damn 1.5 just ruined the look of the bracelet
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 05:57 AM   #8
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufboy73 View Post
They really need to do a 1/2 link vs 1.5 link..,i just went through this on my AP and i felt the damn 1.5 just ruined the look of the bracelet
How could they do 1/2 link? The plots or link connectors whatever you call them would touch and there would be no material to hold the link together?!

A better option would be to do 2x 1.25 links and mount each one either side of the clasp!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 07:08 AM   #9
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufboy73 View Post
Meh.... I have one on my 15300... not a big deal and its on the underside of the watch. Rarely see it and once its on for a while, it tends to fade. I rarely even notice it anymore and really perfected the fit for me.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 10:17 AM   #10
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
How could they do 1/2 link? The plots or link connectors whatever you call them would touch and there would be no material to hold the link together?!

A better option would be to do 2x 1.25 links and mount each one either side of the clasp!
Dont know, tbh i was just thinking about rolex and patek that offer half links...but i see what you are saying.

Problem for me is that damn RO bracelet is so perfect, any anomalous sized link would stick out to me - like you suggest, something symmetrical on both ends of the clasp is probably best!
Old 22 June 2018, 10:18 AM   #11
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Meh.... I have one on my 15300... not a big deal and its on the underside of the watch. Rarely see it and once its on for a while, it tends to fade. I rarely even notice it anymore and really perfected the fit for me.
Yeah, i just couldnt get past it on mine...but i fixate on stuff like that lol
Old 22 June 2018, 02:24 PM   #12
dayusmc
"TRF" Member

I second the vote for two 1.25 links. I can't stand when then Bracelet isn't symmetrical.
Old 22 June 2018, 03:21 PM   #13
mokytron
"TRF" Member

i'm not a fan of it either, but it makes the bracelet fit and feel perfect so i can live with it. plus like many said, it's on the other side anyway.