The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 7 April 2012, 10:36 AM   #31
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Yeah, they all do.... Try to get the name for me and I am sure I can help you resolve it.
Thank you very much Greg! I will try calling them tomorrow since they are already closed today. Thanks again, as I really want to keep this watch.
Old 7 April 2012, 10:46 AM   #32
aodizon
"TRF" Member

How many links are there supposed to be?
Old 7 April 2012, 10:49 AM   #33
oceandweller

I can never understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
No worries, my friend!

This I can never understand. Just for a few dollars more they could make, their reputation built over the years is now tarnished.

Barking at at customer, shows a sign of guilt and nothing else.

It is hoped, you will be able to resolve the issue.
Old 7 April 2012, 10:52 AM   #34
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodizon View Post
how many links are there supposed to be?
Old 7 April 2012, 10:53 AM   #35
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandweller View Post
This I can never understand. Just for a few dollars more they could make, their reputation built over the years is now tarnished.

Barking at at customer, shows a sign of guilt and nothing else.

It is hoped, you will be able to resolve the issue.
My thoughts as well.
Old 7 April 2012, 10:57 AM   #36
aodizon
"TRF" Member

Ok thanks! Now I'd be counting links too.
Old 7 April 2012, 11:03 AM   #37
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodizon View Post
Ok thanks! Now I'd be counting links too.
I'm guessing they assume most people wouldn't know any better.
Old 7 April 2012, 11:14 AM   #38
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
Reselling the watches as originally sold is a given with reputable dealers. When I bought a watch from Bernard Watch and found that a link was missing, all it took was a phone call, and after a short wait, the link appeared in the mail as promised.

If it comes with a certain number of links new, it should come with that same number used. Just because they are removable does not mean they are fair game.
Old 7 April 2012, 11:15 AM   #39
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOA View Post
Reselling the watches as originally sold is a given with reputable dealers. When I bought a watch from Bernard Watch and found that a link was missing, all it took was a phone call, and after a short wait, the link appeared in the mail as promised.

If it comes with a certain number of links new, it should come with that same number used. Just because they are removable does not mean they are fair game.
Exactly. If it is missing links, it should be CLEARLY stated.
Old 7 April 2012, 11:40 AM   #40
Rjwareagle

Watch: 116660 and more
I've spoke with them on the phone. Very rude. Every time I list one on eBay they email and LOW BALL and get offended when I decline. Just my two cent!!
Old 7 April 2012, 11:43 AM   #41
Scary Hat
"TRF" Member

This is really short-sighted on the part of the seller.
I hope it is resolved favorably for you, doc. Hopefully, the seller was just having a bad day and this is not the customary way of dealing with folks.

" Hey SwissWatchExpo- If you are reading this, do the right thing!"

Tom
Old 7 April 2012, 11:55 AM   #42
2th Dr
Banned

SO glad I didn't trade my Pepsi with them!
Old 7 April 2012, 12:02 PM   #43
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
If I were you, I would just take this one on the chin. Their reputation is garbage here after this thread. That is worth more than two lousy links.

The way I see it is, there are a lot of folks here with lots of money looking to spend it on their passion. These clowns have no sense of business. This won't shut them down but at least there are enough members here that will never give them their business.

Move forward and get your links from trusted guys here. Enjoy the watch and don't let the experience mar your grail.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Old 7 April 2012, 12:16 PM   #44
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep04 View Post
If I were you, I would just take this one on the chin. Their reputation is garbage here after this thread. That is worth more than two lousy links.

The way I see it is, there are a lot of folks here with lots of money looking to spend it on their passion. These clowns have no sense of business. This won't shut them down but at least there are enough members here that will never give them their business.

Move forward and get your links from trusted guys here. Enjoy the watch and don't let the experience mar your grail.
Again, my thoughts exactly. I told the guy "Look, there are lots of people on these forums that buy watches and have money to spend and will never do business with you because of this, and his response was "go ahead and post!".
Old 7 April 2012, 12:26 PM   #45
mbuckley
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II
After reading this thread---I would not even think of trading with them.

They misunderstand the concept of lifetime value---have a good experience and you might buy again as you have demonstarted you are willing to spend money---have a bad experience and tell all of your friends---and they surely lose money.

Sorry for you as I saw from an earlier post how excited you were waiting for this watch to come---make it a good experience---you now have your grail watch---many of us are still waiting.

Best Wishes!

Michael
Old 7 April 2012, 12:29 PM   #46
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I hope this is resolved to your satisfaction Mark.
I am not sure how good your relationship will be with this Rolex if you decide to keep it as it seems to me that the enjoyment will have been tarnished.
Might be better in the long term if you were to find another.

Many years ago I bought my DayDate from z-art-of-time in the States and it was a bit tight.
Kris sent me an extra link at no charge.
I have always highly recommended him and that is how these transactions should be.

Old 7 April 2012, 12:29 PM   #47
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuckley View Post
After reading this thread---I would not even think of trading with them.

They misunderstand the concept of lifetime value---have a good experience and you might buy again as you have demonstarted you are willing to spend money---have a bad experience and tell all of your friends---and they surely lose money.

Sorry for you as I saw from an earlier post how excited you were waiting for this watch to come---make it a good experience---you now have your grail watch---many of us are still waiting.

Best Wishes!

Michael
Thanks Michael. I'm gonna try.
Old 7 April 2012, 12:30 PM   #48
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I hope this is resolved to your satisfaction Mark.

Many years ago I bought my DayDate from z-art-of-time and it was a bit tight.
Kris sent me an extra link at no charge.
I have always highly recommended him and that is how these transactions should be.
Kinda what I was expecting when I called them, but instead I got yelled at.
Old 7 April 2012, 01:11 PM   #49
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
This is why I always ask explicitly how many links are in the bracelet. All buyers should.
Old 7 April 2012, 01:12 PM   #50
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Also, is this the same Boris from sale2day?
Old 7 April 2012, 01:12 PM   #51
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
Given all that's occurred here, how do you know the watch is authentic in all respects? You may want to get the watch authenticated by an AD to make sure you're not getting the ultimate screw job. In addition to the advice I gave in my prior post, I think you need to proceed with extreme caution here. It's just not a matter of desiring to keep the watch and get a couple more links ... I would want to ensure that the piece is an authentic Rolex from top to bottom.
Old 7 April 2012, 01:57 PM   #52
eag310
"TRF" Member

most pre-owned sellers will not count links and post how many it has and how many its missing. Its a pre-owned watch, so if you pay close or retail price then go and demand the links.
Buying preowned I never assume what it comes with or doesn't come with, that is why I ask prior to purchase. If they said yes it come with a full band blah blah blah then by all means raise hell.
If you got a great discount then think if the money you have save vs buying a brand new one is substantial enough to pay and buy some additional links on your own from a different vendor.
I've know buyers that buy a watch at an excellent price above and beyond and yet demand everything to be brand new.
s#@$ it's a pre-owned watch!
Old 7 April 2012, 02:02 PM   #53
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eag310 View Post
most pre-owned sellers will not count links and post how many it has and how many its missing. Its a pre-owned watch, so if you pay close or retail price then go and demand the links.
Buying preowned I never assume what it comes with or doesn't come with, that is why I ask prior to purchase. If they said yes it come with a full band blah blah blah then by all means raise hell.
If you got a great discount then think if the money you have save vs buying a brand new one is substantial enough to pay and buy some additional links on your own from a different vendor.
I've know buyers that buy a watch at an excellent price above and beyond and yet demand everything to be brand new.
s#@$ it's a pre-owned watch!
I paid what I feel is above and beyond what a complete Rootbeer GMT D series should be. That's why I am upset. I've seen Rootbeers for far less than what I paid for this. I paid this price thinking "you get what you pay for".
Old 7 April 2012, 02:12 PM   #54
eag310
"TRF" Member

I guess keep trying to resolve it with the vendor. While they can list additional link available for extra $$$ they will either have them available or like majority of the time just remove them from a different watch. If you are okay having additional links from possibly a different watch then keep at it, as you stated, you have seen other deals for less $$$ and you decided to pay a premium price for this one. Otherwise, if you aint happy with possibly random links from a different a watch or watches then return it for a full refund.
Old 7 April 2012, 03:06 PM   #55
Jake49
"TRF" Member

Hi guys,
Let me introduce myself. I'm the owner of Swisswatchexpo and the Rolex trained watchmaker with 20 years of experience. Let me provide you with the facts:

1. Please visit the website and read the description for stock #4667P. It's clearly stated "Original Rolex stainless steel & 18k yellow gold oyster bracelet with flip lock clasp. Fits 7 1/2" wrist." Also, you can see the picture of the watch open on a ruler. We have this pictures as well as the picture of the model, serial and the box to make sure the clients see exactly what they purchase.
2. if you would buy this watch, can YOU go check the picture and tell how many links are there? I'm sure you can! Everyone can! And giving the fact that we disclose the number of links, the picture on the ruler and state the size of the wrist it will fit, it's up to the buyer to decide if he wants to purchase this watch. Of course we're always there to answer the question before the purchase.
3. We all can agree, a lot of preowned watches come with the missing links (please check other watches we sell as well as the watches on different websites. original owners often loose the removed links as well as the boxes/papers (it's hard to believe for the people who love watches but that's what it is)
4. "Additional links can be purchased and added to fit a larger wrist size." It doesn't say you can purchase those links from us -- obviously we're not in business to remove the links and resell them :-)))). This watch was purchased on IWJG by me without the removable links on it, I had two links and added it to the bracelet. As you've mentioned several times (and I'm sure you've had this situation before) you can find and purchase extra links -- as well as I can, been in the business for many years of course I know a lot of dealers.
4. Our return policy -- we guarantee 100% money back no question asked if you pay by wire transfer, certified funds, money orders, cash or Paypal -- enough choices. if you pay by credit card, credit card processor takes 3% which aren't reversible -- the restocking fees not refunded. it's your choice which method to use as long as it clearly explained. And yes, you're right -- we're covered against the chargebacks in this situation.
5. The last thing -- please check all the pictures of the watch yourself -- you're knowledgeable enough to tell that the this beauty is in amazing condition and be a perfect addition to any watch collection. I didn't think twice buying it with 3 links short, I knew it will not stay long in our showcase:-)
6. As you see we try to put as much details as possible to describe the size of the bracelet and never had any issues with the clients in this regard, I should say we get a lot of compliments on the pictures and the description. If you can suggest to add something to BETTER DESCRIBE THE SIZE OF THE BRACELET, your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 7 April 2012, 05:40 PM   #56
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

From their web site.... "100% satisfaction guarantee" Whether you're buying from us, trading in, or selling an old favorite to us, you must be 100% satisfied with your experience. If at any time you aren't, we want to know about it, and we'll do everything within our power to make it right.

And the free overnite shipping is still being advertised

" A $25,000 Purchase Guarantee. buySAFE will reimburse you up to $25,000 in the event there is an unresolved problem with your purchase.

$100 Price Guarantee. If, within 30 days of your purchase, we lower our price on an identical item, buySAFE will pay you the difference, up to $100.

I would call their bluff with all that said on the web site
Old 7 April 2012, 05:57 PM   #57
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
I paid what I feel is above and beyond what a complete Rootbeer GMT D series should be. That's why I am upset. I've seen Rootbeers for far less than what I paid for this. I paid this price thinking "you get what you pay for".
Sorry for all your issues. Next time please buy from the trusted sellers here or on vrf. There are also excellent pre owned dealers in Houston and Austin. Im sure in Dallas too but I never go to southern Oklahoma.
Old 7 April 2012, 06:02 PM   #58
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Wow. I hope they do the right thing and resolve this for you Mark
Old 7 April 2012, 06:47 PM   #59
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
I think Greg is going to call up his 'friends of friends' from Russia to sort this out for you!
Old 7 April 2012, 07:13 PM   #60
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
A bird in the hand...etc. You can get a couple of links easy on the bay, if you send the watch back you are venturing into the unknown.
Closed Thread