The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 15 November 2019, 11:23 PM   #31
cwilson13
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear this one worked out in the end.

I offer a small bit of inside knowledge sharing to everyone....There are mostly honest delivery drivers out there...however, when contents of a packages are stolen it is often drivers who work what is classified as ‘the last mile’. Many shipping companies outsource or use contractors for that last small distance from local distribution point to the home or office address.

Many times these drivers are not employees of the shipping company, often do not run the same routes each day, come and go more often, are part time, etc. It is easier for these last mile drivers to be selective in the packages they might open, more time to quickly seal up with tape or staples, less security and eyes watching on a truck (which are often branded but not actually owned or maintained by the shipper, etc. Again, I do not mean to disrespect any delivery driver as most are hard working and honest.

Also note that during large holidays like Christmas, hundreds of thousands (yes that number is correct)...of part time package sorters, runners and drivers are hired by all the shipping companies. These workers are screened in some ways but when you hire that many people for a very short period of time...there will be a greater percentage of bad apples that slip through the cracks.

I try to never ship anything of value in small packages (like watches or jewelry, etc) during this time of year.
cwilson13 is offline   Reply With Quote