The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 February 2020, 08:08 AM   #1
Buzzlite
"TRF" Member

Dealers stocking up Bluesy ?

just something I noticed, in the last few days, there was 12 Bluesy for sale on watch finder in the past days, now there is only 7, this stock was in inventory for quite some time, something just clicked with me when I seen Paul Thorpes recent video he had a sponsored ad in it where they are looking to purchase all Submariner models specifically.

are dealers buying up in anticipation of discontinue at basel world I wonder..

Buzzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 08:17 AM   #2
dimag333
"TRF" Member

They seem to be the one sub constantly available, no I think it’s just unpopular so available, just like every other tt yellow gold watch

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 08:19 AM   #3
Buzzlite
"TRF" Member

I just found it odd that within a couple of days 5 of the bluesy were sold on watch finder... when they usually sell slow on that site, there quite over priced...
Buzzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 08:22 AM   #4
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzlite View Post
I just found it odd that within a couple of days 5 of the bluesy were sold on watch finder... when they usually sell slow on that site, there quite over priced...
I don’t know anything about watch finder, but I had one offered to me today

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 08:57 AM   #5
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I don't whats going on there but it does sound odd to me. Hoarding bluesys, I just can't see it, or why..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 09:19 AM   #6
peterpl
Banned

Disco rumors about the sub.

The gamblers and "investors" betting on the sub to be discontinued are betting on making money off the LV and the LB. This is what I have been hearing in circles.

The Bluesy is a very very popular watch - ppl on TRF are just blind and got suckered into the SS hype.

Personally gambling on this is a losers game but you will always have guys willing to do it.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 09:56 AM   #7
fed_fan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk
Could just be me but the Bluesy seems to be one that I see in just about every AD I visit.
fed_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 12:30 PM   #8
Brownb2110
"TRF" Member

I had one offered to me over the weekend as well. They had sold one the day before and had another in the safe. Seems this is one that my AD always has in stock.
Brownb2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 12:40 PM   #9
Monty22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715CHNR, 116400
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Disco rumors about the sub.

The gamblers and "investors" betting on the sub to be discontinued are betting on making money off the LV and the LB. This is what I have been hearing in circles.

The Bluesy is a very very popular watch - ppl on TRF are just blind and got suckered into the SS hype.

Personally gambling on this is a losers game but you will always have guys willing to do it.

I would agree with this to some degree, as it relates to people being suckered into the hype. Let’s also not forget that every “aspirational” luxury brand’s entry level pieces are going to be the volume sellers.

As it relates to the Bluesy, it is not as popular as the SS as we all know. It is, IMHO, benefiting from two things:

1. Trickle down, which other references are experiencing as well
2. Nostalgia. I am guessing here, but the person buying a brand-new Bluesy today remembers that watch from a time when they were younger and couldn’t afford it...to them, that was a ROLEX.

I am not disparaging this piece at all. It is stunning in person and would add it to the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 01:51 PM   #10
MTdweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: the time fly!
I imagine we will continue to see speculation on the rise as we approach Baselworld. The Sub may change but it will certainly not be discontinued.
MTdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 02:02 PM   #11
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Blue TT Sub ...a Rolex icon since 1988.

16613LB in 2019 at less 5% and it went up 15% in my country with the price increase 2020 .
16613 M Serial,complete set ...bought 2019 for a very low price on a Black Friday special ( Not kiddding ) for a very low price .

How you buy is just as important as what you buy .
The blind heard only chases ss sports models ....
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 02:33 PM   #12
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdweller View Post
I imagine we will continue to see speculation on the rise as we approach Baselworld. The Sub may change but it will certainly not be discontinued.
10000% true. Speculators are acting or thinking the discontinuation of a model will ALWAYS mean an increase. That may be the case but seriously the Sub is not going anywhere.

It will be replaced by a better one with updated movement and maybe some other improvements (i.e) Slimmer lugs etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
The blind heard only chases ss sports models ....
Its funny everyone wants the hyped pieces for individuality and rarity but in fact they are buying into the most hyped models which every dick and harry has in their collection. I've never ever seen so many so called "collectors" have the same damn collection of watches. i mean they are ALL EXACTLY the same. hahahaha

I mean seriously no individuality left and if one is chasing or after that buying a LV is NOT the watch you want to make yourself individual or unique.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote