The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 December 2017, 05:09 PM   #1
thinker
"TRF" Member

Cartier Watches - ROTONDE vs DRIVE

Hi everyone

I am planned to get either of the two watches below.

Both of them are beauty in their own way am I am torn between the two. Could anyone provide their feedback on which might be the better of the two?

Are there any brands that are similar to these models in terms of price or function?

Thanks!!

ROTONDE DE CARTIER WATCH, LARGE DATE, RETROGRADE SECOND TIME ZONE AND DAY/NIGHT INDICATOR
42 MM, STEEL, LEATHER
REF: W1556368

DRIVE DE CARTIER WATCH, LARGE DATE, RETROGRADE SECOND TIME ZONE AND DAY/NIGHT INDICATOR
STEEL, LEATHER
REF: WSNM0005
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2017, 02:23 PM   #2
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Those are basically the same watch. Same movement, different case. Just decide which case you like and go for it. Cartier can be very nice.

Try both on and go with the one that you have an initial gut feeling attraction for when it is on your wrist.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 09:24 AM   #3
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
Owned the basic Drive model with white face date and time only. I have big wrists but the watch wore very large although it was quite the looker. I had lots of positive comments and despite the fact it is very light it sits well on the wrist.
In the end I flipped the watch as part of an overall strategy to trade up. I lost a fair bit and it wasn’t easy to shift, then again I would be happy enough to have kept it if it didn’t sell. If I were to own one again it would almost certainly be one of the smaller versions in PM - I think in manufacturing those Cartier realised the original model is too big.
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote