The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 14 May 2018, 12:46 PM   #31
profzhu
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the support and advice folks.

Case has been lodged with IC3 and my local police will be filing the case with Interpol.
profzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 01:27 PM   #32
MinMay
Banned

TRF Scammer: Sun-dail, I've been scammed

Thanks for the update. His life will be ruin and it will be on record for life. And his name will always be linked as a scammer.

Having FBI knocking on his door is never a good thing...
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2018, 05:40 PM   #33
gaoxing84
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
holy crap,

i was still talking to this SOB on his SD4K but i knew something was wrong when i asked for a full photo of the entire set + his user name tagged, date and set the watch to a certain time.
he didn't reply me after i requested those

gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2018, 05:41 PM   #34
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by profzhu View Post

Case has been lodged with IC3 and my local police will be filing the case with Interpol.
dude, i was scammed before.
fellow sinkie here.

local police no use one. they told me is not within their jurisdiction to handle the case and i was told to close it.
Old 23 May 2018, 10:51 PM   #35
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
That SD4k pic is a photoshop, I hate these scammers,hope you can get your $$ back but it won't be easy unfortunately.
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 02:30 AM   #36
gaoxing84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post
That SD4k pic is a photoshop, I hate these scammers,hope you can get your $$ back but it won't be easy unfortunately.
how can you tell?
Old 24 May 2018, 02:37 AM   #37
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoxing84 View Post
how can you tell?
Jagged edge due to pixelation around the white sheet amongst other tell-tale signs
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 03:03 AM   #38
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Jagged edge due to pixelation around the white sheet amongst other tell-tale signs
Exactly look at the edges of the paper.
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 04:30 AM   #39
mrs_LA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Terrible situation. Hope you get money back and justice!
mrs_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 05:04 AM   #40
gringtito514
"TRF" Member

Watch: None Yet....
keep us in the loop!
gringtito514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 05:35 AM   #41
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Gilford is the surname associated with that address on the tax records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx View Post
This bad actor shouldn't be too tough to track down.

I found John W. Gilford as a Project Manager at GTC Corporation on LinkedIn - I found a Myles Gilford in Georgia on Facebook. John is unable to spell corporation on his LinkedIn. I have a screenshot of Myles' photo from Facebook if it's the same character. Just in case his facebook profile disappears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
John is the father (home owner) so Myles must be the son.

It is possible that the registered owner may not live there. Nor be involved in any way. Many homes in that area are now rentals due to the new nearby University opening a few years back.

So the street address may be the renter’s domicile (or he’s possibly also scamming a friend living there).

Since it was a wire transfer, the address could just be a “burner addy” used to establish the account he used to scam the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 01:07 PM   #42
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
It is possible that the registered owner may not live there. Nor be involved in any way. Many homes in that area are now rentals due to the new nearby University opening a few years back.

So the street address may be the renter’s domicile (or he’s possibly also scamming a friend living there).

Since it was a wire transfer, the address could just be a “burner addy” used to establish the account he used to scam the OP.
The photos of the watch pretty much look like they were taken in the house on Google maps. The OP calls out the account owner's last name, and the assessor records have a last name match.

Are you saying this persons identity could have been stolen? what about the photos of the watch with the single story brick house in the background?

I suppose anything is possible. But I don't quite see the logic in what you're saying.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 05:16 PM   #43
profzhu
"TRF" Member

Sorry for the radio silence. Didn't want to spook the scammer with details. Been working with my local bank and Bank of America and it's not easy given that the US law enforcement doesn't really operate on a national-wide basis. So cross state crimes require a lot of coordination.

In this kind of scams, a crime is only considered to have been committed when "conversion" takes place, meaning the money in the bank account is moved or converted to cash. I had to communicate to Bank of America but they were unable to release any info on the location of conversion unless the police asks for it. But I can only get the police involved when I know where the conversion took place because I need to reach out to the local police enforcement. So it was a bit of a catch 22.

Alas, Band of America is moving and have provided me with the info. Like what some have said, the name used for the initial account is likely a dummy account created from a stolen identity as the money was wired to a different account in another state. We know which account the money is wired to and taken out. We'll get the footage of the conversion taking place. Given that this person is likely operating not on this case alone, there were multiple dodgy posts on TRF in past couple of weeks.

Let's see how this goes.
profzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 06:11 PM   #44
Rogdogg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry for the radio silence. Didn't want to spook the scammer with details. Been working with my local bank and Bank of America and it's not easy given that the US law enforcement doesn't really operate on a national-wide basis. So cross state crimes require a lot of coordination.

In this kind of scams, a crime is only considered to have been committed when "conversion" takes place, meaning the money in the bank account is moved or converted to cash. I had to communicate to Bank of America but they were unable to release any info on the location of conversion unless the police asks for it. But I can only get the police involved when I know where the conversion took place because I need to reach out to the local police enforcement. So it was a bit of a catch 22.

Alas, Band of America is moving and have provided me with the info. Like what some have said, the name used for the initial account is likely a dummy account created from a stolen identity as the money was wired to a different account in another state. We know which account the money is wired to and taken out. We'll get the footage of the conversion taking place. Given that this person is likely operating not on this case alone, there were multiple dodgy posts on TRF in past couple of weeks.

Let's see how this goes.
Good to hear that things are starting to move for you. Please keep us updated on this case as you can. The best of luck with catching these guys.
Old 31 May 2018, 05:31 AM   #45
Lime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, JLC, etc
Quote:

Let's see how this goes.
thanks for the update. Hopefully you get this guy before he finds another victim
Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 06:54 AM   #46
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear. Happy to see moderators providing assistance here. I have never had moderators leave questions or requests go unanswered so not sure what your comment about that matter is all about.

I have to say the "referrals" looked quite suspect.
Old 31 May 2018, 09:56 AM   #47
Beckster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Thanks for the update. Good luck and I hope in the end good guys will prevail. Hang in there and do keep us posted.
Old 31 May 2018, 10:04 AM   #48
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Actually no it isn't and is as easy as ever. Also people don't bu I can't tell you how many times we have warned people over and over again not to buy from unknown sellers with little to no feedback. There are many great well known sellers to choose from that have great inventory. Nobody has ever been burnt by them and they are all good guys. So if one wants to step out there and roll the dice to save a few bucks and deal with an unwon then they choose to play russian roulette. Not a smart choice in my book and not anything I would ever consider doing with my hard earned money. So lots of great well known trusted options here which makes it more than easy and no need to step out into the danger zone.
Great point! Thanks for making it.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote