The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 June 2020, 06:29 AM   #91
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
I had a guy tell me with a straight face yesterday that the stuff the government is putting in the jet chem trails is not the cause of COVID...that is until they activate it with the 5G towers. He is immune however because he puts a pinch of 20 Mule Team Borax in his morning coffee. I gave him a link to this site.
What an idiot! Everyone knows you have to use TWO pinches of Borax or the 5G waves can permeate your bone marrow!
Old 30 June 2020, 07:26 AM   #92
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
What an idiot! Everyone knows you have to use TWO pinches of Borax or the 5G waves can permeate your bone marrow!
Popular Mechanics has been reporting on nanotechnology for years. The below is the world's leading expert on related electronics. I think the prior poster's acquaintance's theories have little merit, even though they would be possible in theory, outside the cure. Makes a good novel though or movie.

https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2020/01/lieber-arrest
Old 30 June 2020, 08:41 AM   #93
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
My wife sells an immune pack at her practice...

Glutamine
Vit C
Glutathione
Vit D3
Mg
Zinc

I use it daily .
I do Zinc and D3 daily.. thanks Doc
Old 30 June 2020, 10:24 AM   #94
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Using your same logic, you contracted the virus and by your own admission, you gave it to your wife.

Do you know how many other people you gave it to? Do you know how many other people your wife gave it to? Do you know if anyone died because you were part of the chain that passed on the virus to your wife and others?
I’m not certain how that follows my logic. But I’ll keep thinking on it. Happy to answer your questions though.

I’m not sure if I gave it to anyone besides my wife. But admittedly, it’s hard to say. However, what I do know is that prior to my wife testing positive, I wore a mask and gloves everywhere. I was diligent. Not perfect. But very diligent.

Besides the grocery store and the liquor store, always following protocols, the only place I went was my office. I was not always gloved and mashed in my office.

When my wife tested positive, and we began quarantine, anyone that was in my office got tested. Everyone came back negative. No one in any of their families tested positive either. I let everyone know that I had it.

My wife left the house two times in three months. Both times were to get her infusion and you can be certain she and the hospital staff followed protocol.

So I genuinely don’t think either of us gave it to anyone. But again, its hard to say. I also have no idea where I got it. But I have to imagine it was the supermarket. It’s the only place I touched things that other people touched.

That all said, the above is the reason I say it’s impossible to contain. Because I followed all protocols. And apparently I still got it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 30 June 2020, 06:53 PM   #95
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I’m not certain how that follows my logic. But I’ll keep thinking on it. Happy to answer your questions though.

I’m not sure if I gave it to anyone besides my wife. But admittedly, it’s hard to say. However, what I do know is that prior to my wife testing positive, I wore a mask and gloves everywhere. I was diligent. Not perfect. But very diligent.

Besides the grocery store and the liquor store, always following protocols, the only place I went was my office. I was not always gloved and mashed in my office.

When my wife tested positive, and we began quarantine, anyone that was in my office got tested. Everyone came back negative. No one in any of their families tested positive either. I let everyone know that I had it.

My wife left the house two times in three months. Both times were to get her infusion and you can be certain she and the hospital staff followed protocol.

So I genuinely don’t think either of us gave it to anyone. But again, its hard to say. I also have no idea where I got it. But I have to imagine it was the supermarket. It’s the only place I touched things that other people touched.

That all said, the above is the reason I say it’s impossible to contain. Because I followed all protocols. And apparently I still got it.
I was using this as "your logic"

Quote:
I’m just following the patterns as they emerge and using logic. Even a few cases should be enough to cause huge spread based on previous examples. Unless some kind of natural resistance is building in the population.
Good answer though, as you know from previous threads, I have been shielding because of certain conditions, because of them, Supermarkets give me priority slots for home delivery, I was on the medical list for shielding so my name was given to them.

In a way, your answer could say that it is containable, you got it and gave it to your wife, but you never gave it to those in your office, simply because you were so diligently following the protocols. I am of the opinion that you were just unlucky, perhaps picking up something in the supermarket that had just been touched previously by someone positive.

I am glad it went well for you, it seems to badly effect even the most fittest of people at random. Have you both fully recovered?

My opinion on this virus is changing almost weekly. I am at the point now where I would let those that are at the highest risk shield, those with lesser risk should go to work but keep the same protocols as you did. I must admit that I didn't retire just to sit in my house for the rest of my life.

DAVE

Old 1 July 2020, 12:45 AM   #96
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I was using this as "your logic"

Good answer though, as you know from previous threads, I have been shielding because of certain conditions, because of them, Supermarkets give me priority slots for home delivery, I was on the medical list for shielding so my name was given to them.

In a way, your answer could say that it is containable, you got it and gave it to your wife, but you never gave it to those in your office, simply because you were so diligently following the protocols. I am of the opinion that you were just unlucky, perhaps picking up something in the supermarket that had just been touched previously by someone positive.

I am glad it went well for you, it seems to badly effect even the most fittest of people at random. Have you both fully recovered?

My opinion on this virus is changing almost weekly. I am at the point now where I would let those that are at the highest risk shield, those with lesser risk should go to work but keep the same protocols as you did. I must admit that I didn't retire just to sit in my house for the rest of my life.

I am wise enough to know that truth is based on perspective. And, please know, that I respect yours. I also appreciate your tone and the spirit of discussion.

FWIW, I encourage my folks to stay home. And both myself and my mother chastise my father when he wants to go out amongst others.

My "logic" follows a pattern. At least to my perspective it follows a pattern. Even in NY and NJ right now the numbers are at the lowest they have been. People are not following protocols.

My theory is that these people have already had some exposure and built up some immunity. Yes, some people that have exposure get sick. Some perish. That is clear and it is awful.

If the people in my office were exposed to me, while I was positive, it stands to reason that they, in some way shape or form, built some kind of resistance to it without actually getting it.

And while I am no doctor, I am under the impression that people are exposed to germs all the time. That does not mean they always get sick. The vast majority of exposures result in the immune system fighting it off and getting stronger in the process.

There are many stories of households where one person gets sick and no one else does. To me, it feels as though those people that were exposed and their immune system fought it off. Their immune system got stronger in the process.

Right now, NY and NJ have "good" indications that the numbers are going down. People are out and about. Yet the local "leaders" are slowing the reopening. Restaurants were supposed to reopen for inside business. That was stopped.

Our leadership is not learning from past mistakes. They continue to repeat them over and over.

I agree with you completely. Those at high risk should get special treatment. Those not at high risk should be working towards rebuilding. This should be measured completely to find balanced solutions. Instead it is politics and shotgun decisions.

This virus is horrible. It is not the first and it is not the last. But from what I can see, resistance to it is building. If we have a resurgence in NY and NJ, then I am wrong. But logically speaking, if we don't, I don't see how I am wrong.

I hope I am communicating my thoughts properly. And again, I appreciate the discussion.

Old 1 July 2020, 01:13 AM   #97
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

My opinion is that we should consider Covid the new normal. I do not believe it is going away. I will believe it is going away only if a vaccine is developed. There is no guarantee of a vaccine. As such, do we stay home indefinitely? Always wear masks from now on? Always social distance? Or do we come to grips with the fact that this virus will run its course no matter what we do and unfortunately many will die? The good news is that as any virus, the mortality rate is greater in the beginning because it gets the "low hanging fruit" that are the elderly and people with weakened immune systems etc. Now all the news commotion is about the spiking positives, very little is reported on the mortality rate. Why? Because this virus is not killing at an incredibly disproportionately high rate. The attitude for the vast majority should be that we are going to get the virus. The VAST majority will survive. All we are doing now is prolonging the inevitable.
Old 1 July 2020, 01:34 AM   #98
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
I am wise enough to know that truth is based on perspective. And, please know, that I respect yours. I also appreciate your tone and the spirit of discussion.

FWIW, I encourage my folks to stay home. And both myself and my mother chastise my father when he wants to go out amongst others.

My "logic" follows a pattern. At least to my perspective it follows a pattern. Even in NY and NJ right now the numbers are at the lowest they have been. People are not following protocols.

My theory is that these people have already had some exposure and built up some immunity. Yes, some people that have exposure get sick. Some perish. That is clear and it is awful.

If the people in my office were exposed to me, while I was positive, it stands to reason that they, in some way shape or form, built some kind of resistance to it without actually getting it.

And while I am no doctor, I am under the impression that people are exposed to germs all the time. That does not mean they always get sick. The vast majority of exposures result in the immune system fighting it off and getting stronger in the process.

There are many stories of households where one person gets sick and no one else does. To me, it feels as though those people that were exposed and their immune system fought it off. Their immune system got stronger in the process.

Right now, NY and NJ have "good" indications that the numbers are going down. People are out and about. Yet the local "leaders" are slowing the reopening. Restaurants were supposed to reopen for inside business. That was stopped.

Our leadership is not learning from past mistakes. They continue to repeat them over and over.

I agree with you completely. Those at high risk should get special treatment. Those not at high risk should be working towards rebuilding. This should be measured completely to find balanced solutions. Instead it is politics and shotgun decisions.

This virus is horrible. It is not the first and it is not the last. But from what I can see, resistance to it is building. If we have a resurgence in NY and NJ, then I am wrong. But logically speaking, if we don't, I don't see how I am wrong.

I hope I am communicating my thoughts properly. And again, I appreciate the discussion.
Yes, your points are well taken, I hope you are right, my friend.

My son works in NJ, he is 43 and is working from his apartment in Jersey City, I did worry about him during the really bad days that NYC and NJ were experiencing, he told me he was staying in but I know he was just saying that to stop me worrying, he is 43 but the worrying never stops.

He has been there about 8 months but because of the lockdowns etc hasn't seen much of the place, but, like me, is a big fan of the US and cant wait for life to get back to normal.

DAVE

Old 1 July 2020, 02:04 AM   #99
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes, your points are well taken, I hope you are right, my friend. Our (UK) leaderships response has been (in my opinion) below par.

My son works in NJ, he is 43 and is working from his apartment in Jersey City, I did worry about him during the really bad days that NYC and NJ were experiencing, he told me he was staying in but I know he was just saying that to stop me worrying, he is 43 but the worrying never stops.

He has been there about 8 months but because of the lockdowns etc hasn't seen much of the place, but, like me, is a big fan of the US and cant wait for life to get back to normal.

When this is all done, I should look up your son and give him a nice NJ welcome. He is very close to me. Likely about 30 minutes. I bet we would get along super.

We are in similar boats, opposite situation, you and I. My folks are in Arizona and I worry about them. They worry about me.

Trying times for sure.

Not even going to get started about leadership in the US. For obvious reasons.....

Take care my man.

Old 1 July 2020, 02:29 AM   #100
Star Ferry
Banned

I'm at an airport now, and it's shocking how busy it is and how many older people are here. I've seen dozens of couples that must be 75+, and hundreds of people who are at least 65.

As a millennial, it's hard to be told to stay home for the benefit of the elderly, and then see many of highest-risk folks aren't taking it seriously anyway. I do still wear a mask indoors, required or not, unless I'm eating or drinking.
Old 1 July 2020, 03:21 AM   #101
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFlash View Post
My opinion is that we should consider Covid the new normal. I do not believe it is going away. I will believe it is going away only if a vaccine is developed. There is no guarantee of a vaccine. As such, do we stay home indefinitely? Always wear masks from now on? Always social distance? Or do we come to grips with the fact that this virus will run its course no matter what we do and unfortunately many will die? The good news is that as any virus, the mortality rate is greater in the beginning because it gets the "low hanging fruit" that are the elderly and people with weakened immune systems etc. Now all the news commotion is about the spiking positives, very little is reported on the mortality rate. Why? Because this virus is not killing at an incredibly disproportionately high rate. The attitude for the vast majority should be that we are going to get the virus. The VAST majority will survive. All we are doing now is prolonging the inevitable.
A few massive hurdles imo. Coronaviruses mutate much more than influenza. Influenza vaccines are only reliable if the most prominent strain is predicted. When in contact it is a different strain your body produces incorrect antibodies and in some cases gets even sicker. We've never had reliable coronavirus or rhinovirus vaccinations, so why if a vaccine was developed would it not be obsolete with the first mutation? Alternatively, endless boosters seems like a nightmare. An adaptable vaccine, who to say how that behaves over the long-term. Nothing that comes out in the next 5-10 years would have any real evidence of working over the long-term. Once something does, it is out of date just like the H1N1 vaccines....those btw for an influenza that is much less of a mutating virus. Rushing something to market doesn't seem ideal either. As a society we certainly rather take a pill to solve something, vs adjust holistic care. There's a lot of money in vaccines though and strong incentive to rush something to market. I think it could be worth considering investing some money in improving our food supplies, air quality, and infrastructure to accommodate more spacing vs investing so heavily in meds that may or may not work for pandemics at least. It seems like subways, packed planes and similar mass transit were heavily influencing spread, at least initially. Would it not make sense to focus on vectors for transmission and improving to protect against future pandemics. Who knows though
Old 1 July 2020, 03:24 AM   #102
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:

Jeez, reading this the virus won’t have to kill me, I’m going to go hang myself.

And no, it won’t be the new Normal. Well, I guess it depends on your time frame. If you are talking a year, I agree, two? yeah maybe, but SOMETIME in the future all this will be a very bad memory; with or without a vaccine. I Present as my evidence the plagues in Medieval times and Spanish flu 100 years ago. There was no modern medicine or vaccines then, and eventually humans developed an immunity, or anti-bodies, or whatever, but life went back to normal. I am not at all a Doctor and don’t claim medical knowledge but am pointing out history (I think that is what is referred to as Herd(?) SOMEDAY this will be nothing more then terrible times, I WISH THAT DAY WOULD HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!
Old 1 July 2020, 03:55 AM   #103
904VT
"TRF" Member

If able, please read these for some perspective and some positivity. When things seem dark, they are often worse in the time than in hindsight. What we are seeing now is not a whole lot different than H1N1 in many cases. Many don't even remember H1N1 by now, but at the time it was impactful.

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/cdcresponse.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/swine-...ry?id=16646281

H1N1
-1 million cases within the first 2 months in the US alone
-9.8 per 10k hospitalization rate vs COVID that is 9.4 per 10k currently
-Death estimates upwards revised to 575k by CDC several years after for H1N1
-WHO estimated that 500k people die of general influenza each year

So we should be cautious of course and take care not to spread germs, but at the same time not give ourselves undue stress, which in turn hurts immune systems.

There is light at the end of the tunnel...
Old 1 July 2020, 04:17 AM   #104
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
If able, please read these for some perspective and some positivity. When things seem dark, they are often worse in the time than in hindsight. What we are seeing now is not a whole lot different than H1N1 in many cases. Many don't even remember H1N1 by now, but at the time it was impactful.

H1N1

So we should be cautious of course and take care not to spread germs, but at the same time not give ourselves undue stress, which in turn hurts immune systems.

Thank you 904! A voice of reason. As you pointed out we should be cautious and abide by CDC to help stop this very serious virus, but we have faced worse before and we will come out of this like we did the previous.
Old 1 July 2020, 04:25 AM   #105
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:

but at the same time not give ourselves undue stress, which in turn hurts immune systems.
Very important point.

Have your Doctor test your cortisol levels .Stress hormone.Over-stressed,especially for a long periods we get adrenal fatigue/burnout.Cortisol levels drop.
Lowered immunity .
I drink Solal "Burnout" every day.

Then gentlemen ,have your testosterone levels tested .You want optimal for your age .That's all.With age and stress it drops .Needs to be corrected by an anti-ageing specialist .Blood tests etc.

Not my specialty,but my wife's baby .
Thats why I still look so "F...... Fabulous " ..

We all have immense stress at the moment .Do not underestimate the effect of it .
Old 1 July 2020, 04:30 AM   #106
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Very important point.

Have your Doctor test your cortisol levels .Stress hormone.Over-stressed,especially for a long periods we get adrenal fatigue/burnout.Cortisol levels drop.
Lowered immunity .

Then gentlemen ,have your testosterone levels tested .You want optimal for your age .That's all.With age and stress it drops .Needs to be corrected by an anti-ageing specialist .Blood tests etc.

We all have immense stress at the moment .Do not underestimate the effect of it .
Very excellent point Tweng, thank you.
Old 1 July 2020, 05:59 AM   #107
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Jeez, reading this the virus won’t have to kill me, I’m going to go hang myself.

And no, it won’t be the new Normal. Well, I guess it depends on your time frame. If you are talking a year, I agree, two? yeah maybe, but SOMETIME in the future all this will be a very bad memory; with or without a vaccine. I Present as my evidence the plagues in Medieval times and Spanish flu 100 years ago. There was no modern medicine or vaccines then, and eventually humans developed an immunity, or anti-bodies, or whatever, but life went back to normal. I am not at all a Doctor and don’t claim medical knowledge but am pointing out history (I think that is what is referred to as Herd(?) SOMEDAY this will be nothing more then terrible times, I WISH THAT DAY WOULD HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!
Actually my post was meant to be optimistic in that this virus NOT the killer it was initially made out to be and as such should be treated similar to other viruses we have to deal with in this world. That is what I meant about the new normal. Normal in that we need to end all this social distancing, masks etc. sooner rather than later...
Old 1 July 2020, 06:38 AM   #108
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Very important point.

Lowered immunity .

Thank you for sharing your immunity pack as well
Old 2 July 2020, 01:04 AM   #109
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

My own anecdotal experience would lead me to believe there may be a correalation to T levels and immune response. Certainly it reduced some over active inflammatory issues.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 2 July 2020, 01:14 AM   #110
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
My own anecdotal experience would lead me to believe there may be a correalation to T levels and immune response. Certainly it reduced some over active inflammatory issues.
Old 2 July 2020, 03:37 AM   #111
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Actually my post was meant to be optimistic in that this virus NOT the killer it was initially made out to be and as such should be treated similar to other viruses we have to deal with in this world. That is what I meant about the new normal. Normal in that we need to end all this social distancing, masks etc. sooner rather than later...
... oh. Well, another time I misread a post. It happens a lot when you are a Dorklehead like me
Old 2 July 2020, 03:52 AM   #112
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
You guys are talking about 40,000 feet over my head but if you are saying a good attitude contributes to better physical health I agree and thanks for saying!
Old 2 July 2020, 11:53 AM   #113
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
But men often have a worse course than women with COVID.

十人十色
Old 2 July 2020, 11:02 PM   #114
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
But men often have a worse course than women with COVID.
https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/...erity-covid-19

So higher testosterone and being male make you more likely it seems. Large amount of ACE2 receptors in male reproduction organs. It would seem possible this will ultimately hit the portion of male populations that are younger most. Whether immediate or long-term don’t know. This impacts workforce and reproduction if both proven. Then for the older population, secondarily would be fact large proportion take ACE2 inhibitors for high blood pressure. Seems like potentially the reason for conflicting data.
Old 2 July 2020, 11:47 PM   #115
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

H1N1

H1N1 did get a good deal of misinformed media reporting but this current virus is getting it in hyperdrive for many reasons not worth detailing.

Isn’t this ironic from that first CDC link?

“Also, only 13% of hospitalizations had occurred in people 50 years and older, and there were few cases and no deaths in people older than 65 years, which was unusual when compared with seasonal flu.”

Just a different slant this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 3 July 2020, 12:09 AM   #116
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Covid scare..

Quote:
https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/...erity-covid-19

So higher testosterone and being male make you more likely it seems. Large amount of ACE2 receptors in male reproduction organs. It would seem possible this will ultimately hit the portion of male populations that are younger most. Whether immediate or long-term don’t know. This impacts workforce and reproduction if both proven. Then for the older population, secondarily would be fact large proportion take ACE2 inhibitors for high blood pressure. Seems like potentially the reason for conflicting data.

That study is aiming at TMPRSS2 which is key in priming the ACE-2 receptors. It suggests reducing TMPRSS2 would thereby lessen the amount of priming - so another angle at reducing the uptake rate.

So much still to learn - but patience is what most need to reduce their own stress levels. Medical discoveries and progress is good to see.

But I believe our own behaviors - both good and bad - will affect our ability to manage the long run rate until vaccinations can be deployed. That is, if they come up with an effective one.

We just resumed amateur road racing with all the same precautions you’ve seen on TV. Fathers Day at Road America, then Sebring and next at Road Atlanta. We’ll see if 500-600 drivers and crew can keep up the safety factors. Last weekend I Chaired a hot weekend at Savannah - masks and 110° heat index - brutal.

The youthful maskless mass gatherings will also see some herd immunity reducing future infections in that age group. The rest of us just need to steer clear of them.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 3 July 2020, 12:49 AM   #117
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Steady increase in all the local hospitals ..

Most in icu have the following combination :

Diabetes Mellitus
Obesity
Hypertension
Old 3 July 2020, 01:41 AM   #118
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
That study is aiming at TMPRSS2 which is key in priming the ACE-2 receptors. It suggests reducing TMPRSS2 would thereby lessen the amount of priming - so another angle at reducing the uptake rate.

So much still to learn - but patience is what most need to reduce their own stress levels. Medical discoveries and progress is good to see.

But I believe our own behaviors - both good and bad - will affect our ability to manage the long run rate until vaccinations can be deployed. That is, if they come up with an effective one.

We just resumed amateur road racing with all the same precautions you’ve seen on TV. Fathers Day at Road America, then Sebring and next at Road Atlanta. We’ll see if 500-600 drivers and crew can keep up the safety factors. Last weekend I Chaired a hot weekend at Savannah - masks and 110° heat index - brutal.

The youthful maskless mass gatherings will also see some herd immunity reducing future infections in that age group. The rest of us just need to steer clear of them.

Page 221. N95 mask oxygen levels were shown to be quite hypoxic at 16.4% in one study specifically reviewing.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...23000703500205

Ironically, enough OSHA has standards that seem to be in conflict in some places to the mass call for face coverings, especially without proper differentiation between the many types. A P100 does not work like a N95, a N95 does not work like a surgical mask. Yet common treatment seems to be the norm today between all.

https://work.chron.com/osha-oxygen-c...rds-15047.html

And here is current article by someone framing the situation for misinterpretation. She clearly states N95 masks do not impact oxygen levels, which is a complete contradiction of actual scientific studies and hypothesis tests in years prior. Then she references doctors quoting safe levels while using basic surgical masks, which are completely different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victori.../#45d41c3ed013

Please be careful Paul if in the heat and if wearing an N95 for extended periods of time. Lots of conflicting evidence prior to this more recent year. There seems to be a lot of group think from many writing current articles. Be safe and enjoy!
Old 3 July 2020, 02:01 AM   #119
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Page 221. N95 mask oxygen levels were shown to be quite hypoxic at 16.4% in one study specifically reviewing.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...23000703500205

Ironically, enough OSHA has standards that seem to be in conflict in some places to the mass call for face coverings, especially without proper differentiation between the many types. A P100 does not work like a N95, a N95 does not work like a surgical mask. Yet common treatment seems to be the norm today between all.

https://work.chron.com/osha-oxygen-c...rds-15047.html

And here is current article by someone framing the situation for misinterpretation. She clearly states N95 masks do not impact oxygen levels, which is a complete contradiction of actual scientific studies and hypothesis tests in years prior. Then she references doctors quoting safe levels while using basic surgical masks, which are completely different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victori.../#45d41c3ed013

Please be careful Paul if in the heat and if wearing an N95 for extended periods of time. Lots of conflicting evidence prior to this more recent year. There seems to be a lot of group think from many writing current articles. Be safe and enjoy!
Personal experience : Haylard Fluidshield Level 3 N95 mask .
Been wearing it at work since March 2020.
My wife at her practice,as well .
Both of us ,at the end of the day ,are exhausted .No question .
It is not fun to work with .
Many nurses,I work with also complain .Most wear normal surgical masks ,because they cannot stand the N95.
Old 3 July 2020, 02:35 AM   #120
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Personal experience : Haylard Fluidshield Level 3 N95 mask .
Been wearing it at work since March 2020.
My wife at her practice,as well .
Both of us ,at the end of the day ,are exhausted .No question .
It is not fun to work with .
Many nurses,I work with also complain .Most wear normal surgical masks ,because they cannot stand the N95.
Be safe. Those will make the day feel like an eternity. Thanks for your work, not just with this but many illnesses
Closed Thread