The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 August 2020, 04:46 AM   #31
explorer16
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I suggest you read empirical studies that came way before this more recent pandemic. Some even sponsored by 3M, that in fact does 3M no benefit. This is a watch forum have you ever posted about watches??
Yes. This is a watch forum. Why are you chiming in about empirical studies?
Nice watch BTW.
explorer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 01:08 AM   #32
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer16 View Post
Yes. This is a watch forum. Why are you chiming in about empirical studies?
Nice watch BTW.
Thousands of posts about watches for me. But my point is you seem have only posted about non-watch topics after years of membership.

The comment about Americans getting Google PhDs was a broad generalization. Medical doctors also aren’t PhDs.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 01:48 AM   #33
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

Watch: and be amazed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
Please enlighten me as to why wearing a mask in your own vehicle would make someone a "zealot". Were you holding a very wide brush when you said this?

p.s. cool mask
You're right, that was a pretty wide brush... no offense intended. Consider the brush stroke retracted.
Old 16 August 2020, 02:05 AM   #34
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre38 View Post
You're right, that was a pretty wide brush... no offense intended. Consider the brush stroke retracted.
I do like the mask. Also love Etsy. Have found some real interesting antique pieces on Etsy as well as a lot of hand made products.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 07:50 AM   #35
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Old fashioned surgical mask on one of my fellow mountain bike patrollers.

joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 08:28 AM   #36
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
Old fashioned surgical mask on one of my fellow mountain bike patrollers.

She makes it look good... me, not so much.
Old 18 August 2020, 10:22 AM   #37
KirkWilfred
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
New mask to go with 16710

This mask pairs perfectly with every watch in my collection:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Time is an illusion.” – Albert Einstein
KirkWilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 10:43 AM   #38
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkWilfred View Post
This mask pairs perfectly with every watch in my collection:

Really? I assume you’ll tell any future surgeon operating on you not to wear a mask.

srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 01:41 PM   #39
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Great combo! I'll have to hunt down one of those masks to wear with mine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Tmac478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 08:08 PM   #40
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
Really? I assume you’ll tell any future surgeon operating on you not to wear a mask.

how could this possibly be derived from his comment? he has 3 layers of skin, an immune and a respiratory system all evolutionary designed to protect against foreign cells.
when you cut through those barriers,like a surgeon would, it's fair to assume people are taking extra precautions to insure there isn't infection.
He went out and bought a custom mask with a personal viewpoint on it. he's playing by the rules and having a little fun with it, why be so harsh?

A majority of places I go(very few since the pandemic started), many employees aren't masked or don't have them on properly, I made a comment yesterday to one of the clerks since none of the workers in the store were wearing them(all the customers were) and he gave me his whole life story about how he had all these medical conditions that made it so he couldn't wear a mask. which was the case when I was at a gas station and some lady was screaming at the cashier about not wearing one, she said it was a hippa violation to even comment on it, which I thought was hilarious but got out because I didn't want to listen to the drama. and not all places even have mask mandates as far as I know. We do here in michigan, but most police agencies refuse to do anything about non compliance.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 08:21 PM   #41
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

I've never robbed a bank, without wearing a mask.
Wore it all the way back to the hideout too.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 01:20 AM   #42
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

It never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to believe that others should be allowed an opinion only when it aligns with theirs.
Old 19 August 2020, 04:07 PM   #43
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Lioness & Lion

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 04:13 PM   #44
BNA/LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Nice Paul.

Que Jerry Garcia.

Stay safe.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 19 August 2020, 07:43 PM   #45
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to believe that others should be allowed an opinion only when it aligns with theirs.

This /\ /\ /\
Old 20 August 2020, 06:56 PM   #46
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
This /\ /\ /\
As my wife says, "if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!"
Old 21 August 2020, 07:35 AM   #47
Scapegoat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pro
Ibtl again!
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2020, 03:00 AM   #48
BNA/LION

She's on it!

TIP: Pink Casebudi is a great gift for the ladies too!

Old 30 August 2020, 07:35 AM   #49
bremersm
Banned

Quote:

Based on the fact that you have a logo from UNC on your profile where a student sneezed recently and they sent all the children home I am not surprised by your intolerance.
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2020, 11:17 AM   #50
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
how could this possibly be derived from his comment? he has 3 layers of skin, an immune and a respiratory system all evolutionary designed to protect against foreign cells.
when you cut through those barriers,like a surgeon would, it's fair to assume people are taking extra precautions to insure there isn't infection.
He went out and bought a custom mask with a personal viewpoint on it. he's playing by the rules and having a little fun with it, why be so harsh?

A majority of places I go(very few since the pandemic started), many employees aren't masked or don't have them on properly, I made a comment yesterday to one of the clerks since none of the workers in the store were wearing them(all the customers were) and he gave me his whole life story about how he had all these medical conditions that made it so he couldn't wear a mask. which was the case when I was at a gas station and some lady was screaming at the cashier about not wearing one, she said it was a hippa violation to even comment on it, which I thought was hilarious but got out because I didn't want to listen to the drama. and not all places even have mask mandates as far as I know. We do here in michigan, but most police agencies refuse to do anything about non compliance.

It’s a picture of a mask that goes along with with the narrative that there is some sort of ulterior motive for recommending masks. I don’t see anywhere where the comment was “playing by the rules.” We all have skin and immune systems, but that doesn’t mean that they’re perfect. Otherwise we wouldn’t have any infectious diseases. Wearing masks can help us resume a more normal existence.

As for HIPAA, it doesn’t apply to private citizens, only covered entities and business associates. There would be nothing wrong with you asking. He doesn’t have to divulge but that’s just wrong.

Old 30 August 2020, 11:26 AM   #51
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremersm View Post
Based on the fact that you have a logo from UNC on your profile where a student sneezed recently and they sent all the children home I am not surprised by your intolerance.

Well I’m sorry if I don’t find humor in a pandemic which has caused tremendous loss of life and livelihoods around the world. I’m guessing you’re a Dookie, but I sorry to disappoint you that I haven’t been associated with UNC since the 90s.

Old 30 August 2020, 12:16 PM   #52
bremersm
Banned

Quote:
Well I’m sorry if I don’t find humor in a pandemic which has caused tremendous loss of life and livelihoods around the world. I’m guessing you’re a Dookie, but I sorry to disappoint you that I haven’t been associated with UNC since the 90s.

Do you feel the same about the flu which has a higher morality rate or do you simply follow the media and what they tell you to believe.

And as I know UNC does not encourage their students to attend school I understand that you can not spell Duke correctly.
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2020, 12:35 PM   #53
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

New mask to go with 16710

Quote:
Do you feel the same about the flu which has a higher morality rate or do you simply follow the media and what they tell you to believe.

And as I know UNC does not encourage their students to attend school I understand that you can not spell Duke correctly.

I don’t “let” the media tell me what to believe. I read our scientific journals and listen to my physician classmates and colleagues on the front lines (many who incidentally went to UNC or Duke). Yes I wish people would take influenza more seriously and get vaccinated. Hand washing, non-handshaking and other current measures would also decrease flu-related deaths. As for mortality, you can find deaths due to influenza and compare it to coronavirus. We’ve had probably three times the deaths with coronavirus, even with shutdowns, social distancing and masks. You can reduce your risk with vaccination for influenza, not coronavirus.

If you want to make it personal and take shots at my alma mater, have at it.

Old 30 August 2020, 10:43 PM   #54
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I personally rely on eleven years of training and 26 years of emergency medicine practice to decide what information I believe. If you think that Covid is like the flu, you’ve been deceived by Facebook or whatever authoritative other source of medical information you read.
Old 30 August 2020, 11:03 PM   #55
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

"I'm sorry, is this the five minute argument, or the full half hour"?
Old 30 August 2020, 11:04 PM   #56
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I personally rely on eleven years of training and 26 years of emergency medicine practice to decide what information I believe. If you think that Covid is like the flu, you’ve been deceived by Facebook or whatever authoritative other source of medical information you read.

Check mate, I believe.
Old 30 August 2020, 11:10 PM   #57
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

I’ve learned, however, that arguing the validity and value of science and medicine in 2020 is a waste of breath. But sometimes I can’t help myself.
Old 30 August 2020, 11:34 PM   #58
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve learned, however, that arguing the validity and value of science and medicine in 2020 is a waste of breath. But sometimes I can’t help myself.

These days everyone with a Facebook account is a scientist/MD.

The “it’s just the flu” bros can’t be convinced.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2020, 11:37 PM   #59
Brenngun

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
I agree. Everyone should be allowed their opinion however if their opinion can be potentially dangerous it should be questioned. What never ceases to amaze me is how many people believe their opinion no matter how absurd give them the right to willingly endanger other people. Even when presented with scientific medical evidence from multiple sources to the contrary. But leaving that aside in this case wearing a mask is a simple act of kindness toward others and shows a willingness to be part of a solution rather than the problem. What harm can it possible be. To argue some convoluted freedom would be impinged is ridiculous. You might just as well argue that to assist in fixing a hole in a boat taking on water would somehow interfere with your freedoms and that everyone needs to be able to swim to shore or .... oh well I guess everyone didn't make it.

Quote:

Really. Spelling??

Quote:
To quote some here THIS /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
"I'm sorry, is this the five minute argument, or the full half hour"?
Let's make it the full half hour shall we.

Quote:
Joey. Never a waste of breath. Keep at it.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2020, 02:12 AM   #60
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Since mid-August, 922 frontline healthcare workers in the US have died of Covid. It’s real to their friends and families and to the remaining workers worldwide who are struggling against a slow-motion mass-casualty incident that doesn’t end. The mental toll on these people won’t be calculable for a long time.