The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 15 August 2020, 11:51 PM   #1
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Ellen robbed...

Ellen is from my home town and I have been following her for years and enjoying her show, when I could see it. She had a different Rolex on in almost almost every show.
Hope she had a safe and did not lose them all.

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/15/burgl...850.1596914469
Old 16 August 2020, 12:22 AM   #2
BigBlue1

Watch: it pal !
I’ve never been a fan of hers. Ever since I can remember I always thought she was stuck up. I wasn’t surprised at the reports coming out against her. She seems to me to fit that profile. It doesn’t warrant to have her stuff stolen, but karma is a $$$$$. Hope she gets her stuff back.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 16 August 2020, 01:03 AM   #3
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
I’ve never been a fan of hers. Ever since I can remember I always thought she was stuck up. I wasn’t surprised at the reports coming out against her. She seems to me to fit that profile. It doesn’t warrant to have her stuff stolen, but karma is a $$$$$. Hope she gets her stuff back.
Not to get all caught up in Hollywood gossip but none of the reports were of Ellen. To run a show you have a bunch of producers and executive producers and a ton of people to make it work. Probably between 50 and 100 counting the crews. The reports were of the people in charge of production of which she would leave all the day to day stuff to them. As the show is winding down and she's getting bored with it, she probably has less and less to do with it, which is probably where the problem lies. Some little dictator in charge of production (who's job it is "to make the trains run on time"), was a jerk. Lots of that in Hollywood.
Old 16 August 2020, 01:29 AM   #4
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
When unflattering stories come out like the ones now circulating about Ellen and her show, I think of a saying that Jim Rome often uses when something similar happens with a professional athlete.

"We don't know any of these guys."
Old 16 August 2020, 01:43 AM   #5
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
That’s interesting timing for sure. If an inside job as the article states, it’s not going to be difficult to figure. Her watches aren’t all exactly common. Thanks for sharing
Old 16 August 2020, 01:48 AM   #6
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
That’s interesting timing for sure. If an inside job as the article states, it’s not going to be difficult to figure. Her watches aren’t all exactly common. Thanks for sharing
Must be a nightmare to have exclusive things when you have multiple homes, lots of production people coming and going, constant home improvements which she is famous for, (she's a house flipper) and a watch collection that is famous.

Fame has lots of upsides and lots of downsides. I'm sure they'll sort this out pretty fast.
Old 16 August 2020, 02:00 AM   #7
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
If you ever want to feel like the poorest person in America please visit Montecito.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Old 16 August 2020, 02:00 AM   #8
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I would have taken the Portia.
Old 16 August 2020, 02:02 AM   #9
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I hear ya.

Of course the outcome would be the same. A watch I couldn't wear in public or Portia looking at me with indifference, like .....what????
Old 16 August 2020, 02:13 AM   #10
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
It’s all subterfuge, just like the end of her show. Don’t look over here, look over there.
Old 16 August 2020, 02:23 AM   #11
Bladeshot

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
I hear ya. Of course the outcome would be the same. A watch I couldn't wear in public or Portia looking at me with indifference, like .....what????
Well played!

Prince Harry and Megan picked off “a deal” on a $14M home there. The area must not be too shabby. They never came around to check out my neighborhood!
Old 16 August 2020, 02:31 AM   #12
Cloudchaser
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watching
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Agreed; her shtick has never resonated with me and has never seemed authentic. She almost has an arrested development (no pun intended) vibe that she plays in order to mask her obvious pursuit of alpha.

Male or female, if you're going for alpha, own it. Her in between, trying to play the role of both empath AND alpha ends up a bizarre and cartoony look...IMHO.

Hope she gets her watches and jewellery back but she's one whose celebrity and appeal I'll just never understand.
Old 16 August 2020, 02:39 AM   #13
bremersm
Banned

Quote:
Not to get all caught up in Hollywood gossip but none of the reports were of Ellen. To run a show you have a bunch of producers and executive producers and a ton of people to make it work. Probably between 50 and 100 counting the crews. The reports were of the people in charge of production of which she would leave all the day to day stuff to them. As the show is winding down and she's getting bored with it, she probably has less and less to do with it, which is probably where the problem lies. Some little dictator in charge of production (who's job it is "to make the trains run on time"), was a jerk. Lots of that in Hollywood.
I am not saying that you are implying she is innocent in all of this but as the lead of the show is has a responsibility to ensure that things are done in an ethical way. She is as guilty as those did the things that are being reported.
Old 16 August 2020, 03:11 AM   #14
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremersm View Post
I am not saying that you are implying she is innocent in all of this but as the lead of the show is has a responsibility to ensure that things are done in an ethical way. She is as guilty as those did the things that are being reported.
Yup. She like a CEO of a corporation. The buck stops with her.

We have to remember these shows are "Hollywood". The 15 minutes the guests are there, they all try to impress the star struck audience that they are just "regular people". Lots of them are jerks. This may be their fifth show in a few days. They have to do the promotions even if they don't want to.

As the "star" she has for 24 hours a day, large numbers of people who want a piece of her. Constantly. Asking questions, wanting favors, needing her opinion. So she has buffers. People who's job it is to keep her insulated. Layers of them.

Then she works for NBC who owns magazines, publishing, music, TV and movie studios. They all want her to promote whomever has a new song, movie, TV show etc. These "stars" all bring their entourage along to get the demands of the "stars" met for their 15 minute 'regular person" close ups. They all want the personal touch, not assistants. So she has to deal with this nonsense, daily.

Her show is shown daily but often taped a couple of shows at a time. She has tons of production people lining up the weeks shows, and stars and ideas. She has a writers room full of people for her monologues and jokes.

This all takes a lot of people and it's run like a pressure packed ratings seeking corporation on a quarterly earnings month. There are tons of people, egos and hangers on and star struck morons chasing her around. People burn out. Things can get said, I'm sure. The pressure in Hollywood is intense. One false move and you can be toast.

So yes, it's all on her. But unlike any corporation or business, Hollywood is a shit show. And you have to keep smiling while the cameras are rolling.

Garry Shandling had a show a number of years ago about behind the scenes of a talk show and Rip Torn was his hatchet man, to keep the idiots at bay. Pretty good show.
Old 16 August 2020, 03:13 AM   #15
THC

Watch: 16610M
Geesh.. I was mostly speaking to numerous Rolexes she probably lost ...
Old 16 August 2020, 05:37 AM   #16
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Timing does seem suspiciously like a diversion.
Old 16 August 2020, 06:45 AM   #17
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yup. She like a CEO of a corporation. The buck stops with her.

We have to remember these shows are "Hollywood". The 15 minutes the guests are there, they all try to impress the star struck audience that they are just "regular people". Lots of them are jerks. This may be their fifth show in a few days. They have to do the promotions even if they don't want to.

As the "star" she has for 24 hours a day, large numbers of people who want a piece of her. Constantly. Asking questions, wanting favors, needing her opinion. So she has buffers. People who's job it is to keep her insulated. Layers of them.

Then she works for NBC who owns magazines, publishing, music, TV and movie studios. They all want her to promote whomever has a new song, movie, TV show etc. These "stars" all bring their entourage along to get the demands of the "stars" met for their 15 minute 'regular person" close ups. They all want the personal touch, not assistants. So she has to deal with this nonsense, daily.

Her show is shown daily but often taped a couple of shows at a time. She has tons of production people lining up the weeks shows, and stars and ideas. She has a writers room full of people for her monologues and jokes.

This all takes a lot of people and it's run like a pressure packed ratings seeking corporation on a quarterly earnings month. There are tons of people, egos and hangers on and star struck morons chasing her around. People burn out. Things can get said, I'm sure. The pressure in Hollywood is intense. One false move and you can be toast.

So yes, it's all on her. But unlike any corporation or business, Hollywood is a shit show. And you have to keep smiling while the cameras are rolling.
Sounds about right.
Old 16 August 2020, 10:02 AM   #18
330ci
"TRF" Member

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...nt+have+a+safe

just ask this guy his opinion about stolen watches lol
Old 16 August 2020, 10:06 AM   #19
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
Isn't karma a bitch :)
Old 16 August 2020, 11:09 AM   #20
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
No one deserves to be robbed.

Here’s hoping they catch the lowlifes whoever they maybe.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 16 August 2020, 11:17 AM   #21
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Nice try Tom but half the members here can’t stand Ellen long before any of this recent media coverage. Every thread about her has the same types chipping in their 2 cents.
Old 16 August 2020, 11:57 AM   #22
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Nice try Tom but half the members here can’t stand Ellen long before any of this recent media coverage. Every thread about her has the same types chipping in their 2 cents.
I would bet more than half.
Old 16 August 2020, 01:38 PM   #23
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Regardless of who we think she may or may not be (like any of us really know) I’m sorry to hear she was robbed.
Old 16 August 2020, 06:01 PM   #24
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
She’s fake. Always has been, and now she herself is a has been.
Old 16 August 2020, 06:06 PM   #25
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Who cares. Phony media product.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Old 16 August 2020, 06:10 PM   #26
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Never been a fan but if a robbery did in fact occur that sucks for her or anybody else.
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Old 16 August 2020, 06:20 PM   #27
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Regardless of who we think she may or may not be (like any of us really know) I’m sorry to hear she was robbed.
She wasn’t even robbed, she was stolen from.

I think most average people have a hard time sympathizing with someone who can’t manage to secure their belongings in a $27M home. Fact is, her jewelry should’ve never been accessible to anyone but her and and her wife. With her finances there’s no reason she shouldn’t have a state of the art security and storage system
Old 16 August 2020, 07:15 PM   #28
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
She wasn’t even robbed, she was stolen from.

I think most average people have a hard time sympathizing with someone who can’t manage to secure their belongings in a $27M home. Fact is, her jewelry should’ve never been accessible to anyone but her and and her wife. With her finances there’s no reason she shouldn’t have a state of the art security and storage system
I don't see the difference and with all due respect, it doesn't give someone the right to steal from her.

Fact is we don't know the circumstances and if it was an inside job as suggested whos to say she didn't have excellent security etc

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 16 August 2020, 07:53 PM   #29
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
This thread highlights what is wrong with our species.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 16 August 2020, 07:56 PM   #30
austinp
"TRF" Member

I think she’s funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread