The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 August 2020, 12:51 AM   #1
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Cartier Boutique Experience

Has anyone purchased from a Cartier Boutique recently? What was the experience like? Do they give any extras?

Trying to decide if I should drive 4 hours for the boutique experience or just buy the Santos blue dial on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 12:53 AM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
No experience in the Cartier Boutique but would like to go to the store and see what they have. I would also make sure they have the watch I want before driving four hours. If you are familiar with the watch you want and don't care to look at other stock then order online and save some time.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 12:59 AM   #3
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Very much depends on the boutique, staff as well as the local safety measures. Not uncommon for bottled sparkling water, for snacks and or chocolates. In some cases, a bottle of champagne is also opened and or gifted.

I would not drive four hours for the experience, unless you plan to make a vacation out of it.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 01:28 AM   #4
Xenon
Banned

It is leagues better than a Rolex AD or Tourneau experience. Always try Cartier before you buy. You may even end up buying sunglasses like I did. Their eyewear is off the charts nice if you are in the market for glasses.
Xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 01:35 AM   #5
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Cartier boutique service is on a different level to anything I’ve experienced Rolex AD wise.

An absolute pleasure.
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 02:05 AM   #6
Heff
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the help guys! I’ve been to a boutique a few times but both times they didn’t have the blue Santos. Are they fairly hard to get in person? They are readily available online through Cartier.com.

Old 15 August 2020, 02:55 AM   #7
Cazador60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 5513
I am a big fan of the Chrono Pasha on black leather. If you put it on you might not take it off...A friend of mine has one and its his one and only watch.
Cazador60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 03:33 AM   #8
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Went there to try on some watches before getting my Tank. Exquisite experience throughout.

Edit: To the one in Boston.
Old 15 August 2020, 03:38 AM   #9
SearChart
TechXpert

Got chocolates when I bought my tank back in 2012
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 05:34 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I would go as they have alot of strap options for the Santos, and you can probably get one extra complimentary if you are very amenable.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 09:27 AM   #11
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
I would PM DavidSW and Briboxer and ask them first.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 04:02 PM   #12
jjfesq
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618 LB smurf
Bought my wife a love bracelet at the NYC mansion, was served coffee and given chocolate to take home.

jjfesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 04:11 PM   #13
dauster
"TRF" Member

Super friendly, bought a few love bracelets and bags and wallets for the wife. Nothing I would drive 4 hours for but very pleasant. Champagne, chocolates all the above. Nice belts and sunglasses too if you into this kind of stuff
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 05:56 PM   #14
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

I always found the Cartier boutique I have visited to be on the snottier side, which i personally don't mind, but others might have as the location has closed.

Cartier is quite soft right now. I would suggest buying pre-owned.

In the least you should look at the watch in person to verify that you will LOVE it as you may have a difficult time moving on from it...however if any of that is a irrelevant in terms of potential financial consequence, then just order it online.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 08:23 PM   #15
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Boutique staff will turn up their noses if you ask for a discount on the watches. Step into a multi brand store and you get 20-30% off depending on where and how you deal.
YMMV.
Old 15 August 2020, 11:04 PM   #16
Heff
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I always found the Cartier boutique I have visited to be on the snottier side, which i personally don't mind, but others might have as the location has closed.

Cartier is quite soft right now. I would suggest buying pre-owned.

In the least you should look at the watch in person to verify that you will LOVE it as you may have a difficult time moving on from it...however if any of that is a irrelevant in terms of potential financial consequence, then just order it online.

I have looked at them preowned and the price difference isn’t enough to warrant used over new. Never concerned about value retention as I wear and keep what I buy.

Old 15 August 2020, 11:29 PM   #17
Kimber007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Definitely not worth a 4 hour drive in my opinion unless you really want to try on different things you haven't got to see in person before.

I was last at the Atlanta boutique around November and bought my wife a love bracelet with all the diamonds yet the only "extra" was they asked if I would like some water. The staff was super friendly and helpful, just no other perks if that's what you are looking for.
Kimber007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 12:08 AM   #18
Heff
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber007 View Post
Definitely not worth a 4 hour drive in my opinion unless you really want to try on different things you haven't got to see in person before.

I was last at the Atlanta boutique around November and bought my wife a love bracelet with all the diamonds yet the only "extra" was they asked if I would like some water. The staff was super friendly and helpful, just no other perks if that's what you are looking for.

Pretty much what I was looking for. If they threw in some extra gear like a strap or something I’d possibly make the trip. Guess I’ll order it through their website.

Thanks brother!

Old 16 August 2020, 12:53 AM   #19
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I have found the service at my boutique is not fantastic. Nice selection of watches. Staff seemed disengaged and only motivated to show jewelry and bags.

FWIW one of the person who I find most knowledgeable about watches worked at Cartier for 15 plus years. Probably one of the few Cartier folks in US that was trained in their Geneva Sealed watches. So likely TMMV at each boutique.
Pw92676 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 02:26 AM   #20
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heff View Post
Pretty much what I was looking for. If they threw in some extra gear like a strap or something I’d possibly make the trip. Guess I’ll order it through their website.

Thanks brother!

Smart move. Order it online if the only concern left is missing out on the boutique experience ....it won't be worth the time and effort on your part.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 04:44 AM   #21
Xenon
Banned

I just wen to Cartier today and received my current body temperature reading, an untouched Bic ballpoint pen, and a double shot of hand sanitizer. I turned down the complimentary plastic face shield.
Xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 07:32 AM   #22
Reign
"TRF" Member

I have bought in Costa Mesa, London, Paris and Abu Dhabi.

I would say CM was the poorest experience and downright poor - in hindsight we shouldn’t have bought anything there and just waited.

Abu Dhabi was okay - coffee and chocolates but no real extras; no champagne due to alcohol rules.

Paris (Rue de la Paix) and London (NBS) were exceptional experiences and exactly what I’d expect from the brand - extra accessories, bottles of champagne and chocolates sent home with us. You pay for it but still a lot of fun.

If you’re nothing buying from NYC 5th Ave, London NBS or Paris RdlP, then it’s not worth driving a ton of hours to one. With new COVID rules, I’m not sure they can even serve you champagne due to open glass restrictions
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 08:43 AM   #23
Showcall
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Skydweller
I bought a ring for my wife, around the same price as a Santos and we where given 2 glasses of Champagne and a plate of Cartier macarons.. It was pleasant enough.
Showcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 10:58 PM   #24
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Buy online, as time is money and four hours is ~$1200 (plus vehicle wear and tear).
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 02:51 AM   #25
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Visited a Cartier boutique in Atlanta. Terrible all around - poor service so much so we felt ignored and everyone working had a attitude.

The AP boutique was next door. Complete opposite of Cartier. Some of the best service I have ever received.
Old 10 September 2020, 03:00 AM   #26
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
All large steel santos are now sold out and over MSRP
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2020, 03:42 AM   #27
collinsdad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
It is leagues better than a Rolex AD or Tourneau experience. Always try Cartier before you buy. You may even end up buying sunglasses like I did. Their eyewear is off the charts nice if you are in the market for glasses.
I bought a Cartier watch for my wife over the phone and their service and courtesy is above every other company I've ever dealt with in person or over the phone. Just very pleasant to deal with and helpful. Package arrived a few days later, gift wrapped and looking perfect. My wife was very impressed.

This was a few years ago though and I believe the service center I dealt with was in Texas if I remember correctly.
collinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote