The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 31 July 2017, 11:30 PM   #1
HerbStempel3186
"TRF" Member

About to complete my first DavidSW purchase. Requesting assistance

Dear TRF Community,

After lurking on TRF for the past several months and buying my first piece (a new BLNR thru my NJ AD), a few months ago, I am in full blown Rolex fever. I've decided to go ahead with the watch that I haven't been able to stop thinking about ever since trying on my BLNR at the AD, the LVc Submariner.

I am about to close with DavidSW, about whom I have no doubts in light of all of the consistent and warm praise everyone here has posted. I am a bit anxious about sending a big sum of money to someone I've never met, so I was hoping the community could confirm some details so I know the money is going to the right place.

Can you please confirm some of the following details? Please use backchannel/private message, as I don't want David's info being posted on the forum thread itself

***** Acquisitions of ******* (fill in the asterisks) - for recipient

** Bank

Routing number in full

Last 3 digits of accounting number

I will call and speak with his staff to corroborate details, but just wanted to do final checks to make sure I'm good to go.

Thank you for your help.

Warm regards,
Jonathan
HerbStempel3186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 11:44 PM   #2
Syed117
"TRF" Member

If you got the information from his email address, it's fine.

Just have him send the same information from his email as well as a private message from his account here. If it matches, you're good to go.
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 11:55 PM   #3
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
I would be confirming this directly with him, not in an open forum
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 11:58 PM   #4
Corsair66
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
Be aware that he's been on an extended European vacation for the last week or two; not sure how readily he's responding to messages while away or whether his staff has that covered adequately.

That said, you need have no worries whatsoever about doing business with him. Top marks all the way.
Corsair66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 12:05 AM   #5
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
TD
Rout Last three- 822
Acct: last two -95

as long as everything came from dsworlando@gmail you're good to

Congrats in advance!
I've done a decent amount of deals with DSW and have always been very satisfied
Old 1 August 2017, 12:07 AM   #6
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Why don't you consider the PayPal option?

Not that I'm driving business away, but the LV may be the last piece I'd buy from a trusted seller. Due to the value/premium they hold, you really won't be saving vs going to an AD.

PM pieces, pre-owned, and all large margin pieces are where you'll really see the deals with trusted sellers.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 12:08 AM   #7
CJJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG DD
Bought my first Rolex from him and am awaiting a significant shipment from him as we speak. No worries with DSW. PM me if you need to.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 12:18 AM   #8
KeepmflyinTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 116610
I just completed a Sub C purchase with David last week but have not had time to post the "Incoming." Even though David is on vacation, he stays on top of things and the transaction was perfect. Yes, it is a large sum of money to transfer but he and the staff are top notch. Do not worry. Enjoy your purchase and congratulations!
KeepmflyinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 04:39 AM   #9
ippon20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710 (3186)

Instagram @pivot_and_spine
ippon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 07:01 AM   #10
HerbStempel3186
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair66 View Post
Be aware that he's been on an extended European vacation for the last week or two; not sure how readily he's responding to messages while away or whether his staff has that covered adequately.

That said, you need have no worries whatsoever about doing business with him. Top marks all the way.
I must agree thus far in the process. I hadn't been aware that David is away on vacation. Knowing this now, I feel a bit guilty about all of the clarificatory questions I peppered him with over the past week.

I must concur that David has been top notch in terms of responsiveness, with e-mails being replied to within literally minutes. (I hope his wife or partner doesn't hate all us addicts for bothering him on vacation...). His staff has been as equally informed as he has been about what's happening.

Very happy thus far. Feels like I've already pre-written part of my maiden incoming post. Looking forward to singing the praises more thoroughly for DavidSW and his team once the piece is in hand and I have actual pics.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance on my thread so far. Sorry about the misplacement of my original post; it did not occur to me to put this one in the who's who thread.
Old 1 August 2017, 07:02 AM   #11
HerbStempel3186
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
TD
Rout Last three- 822
Acct: last two -95

as long as everything came from dsworlando@gmail you're good to

Congrats in advance!
I've done a decent amount of deals with DSW and have always been very satisfied
Thank you. This corroborated my info and allowed me to get my wiring done in the very limited window of time I had during today's very hectic work day. Really appreciate your help!
Old 1 August 2017, 07:09 AM   #12
HerbStempel3186
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Why don't you consider the PayPal option?

Not that I'm driving business away, but the LV may be the last piece I'd buy from a trusted seller. Due to the value/premium they hold, you really won't be saving vs going to an AD.

PM pieces, pre-owned, and all large margin pieces are where you'll really see the deals with trusted sellers.
I hear you on the value proposition question. I did, to your point, end up paying $25 under retail price. However, I don't believe I'll have regrets about going gray here. My reasons are as follows:

- I feel a bit un-enthused about going to my local AD, 5 minutes from my house here in NJ. The sales atmosphere is a bit sharky. There was an aggressive tone to the negotiations and sales tactics. And to top it off, I took a Breitling chrono to their service department and it is still having problems a year later.

- I asked my salesperson at the AD, from whom I bought another rolex sport model this past spring, about getting a hulk. She got it in days before my vacation, but would not hold it for a week for me to inspect. Bummer, but no big deal, as it's not the last of its kind in the world.

- David's reputation is second to none. There are so many posts about his responsiveness, his ability to obtain pieces, and his friendliness and straight-shooterness. I had no doubts about working with him.

- In the end, it felt like no real difference buying the piece from an AD out of state and avoiding sales tax. I didn't have to worry about crazy negotiations or sharky sales strategies. I can make my own espresso or crack open my own pellegrino bottle in the comfort of my office.

Onward and upward. At this point, I feel like the top grey sellers can take care of an average expectable consumer like me. I won't ever be a 30-piece guy with a Platona and a collection of ROOs. Pretty sure I'm on safe ground price-wise and service-wise getting the next pieces on my list from a David or Thanh. Tell me if I'm wrong; next on the list, in no particular order are: a Z-blue Milgauss, a Speedy 1957, a 41mm RO white face, and maybe a nautilus if business continues to be good here in NJ.

BTW, full disclosure: I spoke with another very famous grey dealer. I could have gotten the sub from him at $8700ish, but I spoke with David first and decided to stay the course out of loyalty.
Old 1 August 2017, 07:13 AM   #13
Olgito
"TRF" Member

It's always better to be extremely carefull for the deal you're about to do. His email can be stolen and etc. Imo, there is nothing bad about what you're doing. If you didn't question the transaction you're about to do, you were not gonna be feeling okay when you sleep and now i think you know that you'll receive your order safe and sound.
Olgito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 07:17 AM   #14
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair66 View Post

I just talked to him by phone today ... he's taking calls, although he did sound like he was on a car phone.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 10:11 AM   #15
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I just talked to him by phone today ... he's taking calls, although he did sound like he was on a car phone.
That's just the trick he uses to get you off the phone

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 10:13 AM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
That's just the trick he uses to get you off the phone
Could be, although our business was coming to a close
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2017, 10:17 AM   #17
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Nice congrats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2017, 02:24 AM   #18
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbStempel3186 View Post
I hear you on the value proposition question. I did, to your point, end up paying $25 under retail price. However, I don't believe I'll have regrets about going gray here. My reasons are as follows:

- I feel a bit un-enthused about going to my local AD, 5 minutes from my house here in NJ. The sales atmosphere is a bit sharky. There was an aggressive tone to the negotiations and sales tactics. And to top it off, I took a Breitling chrono to their service department and it is still having problems a year later.

- I asked my salesperson at the AD, from whom I bought another rolex sport model this past spring, about getting a hulk. She got it in days before my vacation, but would not hold it for a week for me to inspect. Bummer, but no big deal, as it's not the last of its kind in the world.

- David's reputation is second to none. There are so many posts about his responsiveness, his ability to obtain pieces, and his friendliness and straight-shooterness. I had no doubts about working with him.

- In the end, it felt like no real difference buying the piece from an AD out of state and avoiding sales tax. I didn't have to worry about crazy negotiations or sharky sales strategies. I can make my own espresso or crack open my own pellegrino bottle in the comfort of my office.

Onward and upward. At this point, I feel like the top grey sellers can take care of an average expectable consumer like me. I won't ever be a 30-piece guy with a Platona and a collection of ROOs. Pretty sure I'm on safe ground price-wise and service-wise getting the next pieces on my list from a David or Thanh. Tell me if I'm wrong; next on the list, in no particular order are: a Z-blue Milgauss, a Speedy 1957, a 41mm RO white face, and maybe a nautilus if business continues to be good here in NJ.

BTW, full disclosure: I spoke with another very famous grey dealer. I could have gotten the sub from him at $8700ish, but I spoke with David first and decided to stay the course out of loyalty.
I'd certainly feel comfortable with going to trusted sellers for pieces and I have in the past in addition to my ADs. More so, I was just speaking to your level of comfort, since you seemed like you had some hesitation. Your response, seems more confident in your purchase. You certainly don't need to worry with David or Thanh. Congrats
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2017, 04:31 AM   #19
Tonyfsu21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbStempel3186 View Post
Dear TRF Community,

After lurking on TRF for the past several months and buying my first piece (a new BLNR thru my NJ AD), a few months ago, I am in full blown Rolex fever. I've decided to go ahead with the watch that I haven't been able to stop thinking about ever since trying on my BLNR at the AD, the LVc Submariner.

I am about to close with DavidSW, about whom I have no doubts in light of all of the consistent and warm praise everyone here has posted. I am a bit anxious about sending a big sum of money to someone I've never met, so I was hoping the community could confirm some details so I know the money is going to the right place.

Can you please confirm some of the following details? Please use backchannel/private message, as I don't want David's info being posted on the forum thread itself

***** Acquisitions of ******* (fill in the asterisks) - for recipient

** Bank

Routing number in full

Last 3 digits of accounting number

I will call and speak with his staff to corroborate details, but just wanted to do final checks to make sure I'm good to go.

Thank you for your help.

Warm regards,
Jonathan
Make sure you triple check that it's Davids correct email address and if so, your 100% good! No worries at all.
Tonyfsu21 is offline   Reply With Quote