The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 February 2015, 01:40 PM   #61
Touring
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorguy View Post
Why have an aftermarket clasp on it in the first place?
^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Seriously, all you had to do was walk outside, take the bracelet off and go back in.
...and ^this.

You should have just brought the head in for servicing.
Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 01:42 PM   #62
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
No coffee? That's ruddy outrageous!
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 02:02 PM   #63
Afghanvet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs, SD4K
RSCs need to get with the times... plenty of other high quality watch repair centers that will service rolex's - with genuine parts, half the cost and virtually non of the hassle...
Afghanvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 02:11 PM   #64
redsubby
"TRF" Member

You went in knowing what Rolex will do and they did exactly that.
Where is the horror story? Did you expect something else?
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 02:40 PM   #65
Jeissen
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Rolex treats their customers like inmates. Unless your prepared to subject yourself to prison rules, your watch better be bone stock. They could have held your watch captive and made you pay for a oem clasp before you got it back.

I think their tactics are too extreme and unreasonable. This crap is why I will not buy another new Rolex and as a business owner can not support such ridiculous terms of ownership. It would be like voluntarily going back into and paying for a dysfunctional relationship.
Is this for real?
Jeissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 03:00 PM   #66
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Don't they do that for dials? Like if I send in SS Daytona with legit WG dial they confiscate the dial and charge me for new SS dial right? Or would they just refuse and hand watch back over?
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 07:11 PM   #67
Reu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakulie View Post
More like you are the type that throws baby fits when you don't get to suck on the bottle. Fact is, they are offering him the service, but not on a modified watch. If you don't like to play by the rules, then go elsewhere. There is no "horror" story here as the OP stated. Unless of course you want to talk about them not offering him coffeee.

Hahah ok then desperado, whatever you say!
Reu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 08:01 PM   #68
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I see no horror story here.

If someone would waltz in my business with cheap copy of my product, I would do more than politely refuse work.
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 09:37 PM   #69
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
This re-confirms what others have reported.
Old 12 February 2015, 10:18 PM   #70
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Don't take fake watches or parts to RSC, pretty basic really, if you think the most copied watch brand in the world is going too be cool dealing with fakes you gotta be dreaming.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 11:48 PM   #71
drakulie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reu View Post
Hahah ok then desperado, whatever you say!
No. It's what Rolex "says".

It's real simple, if you want to have a Rolex, be prepared to pay Rolex price.
If you want to have your Rolex serviced at a RSC, be prepared to follow their policies.
If you want free coffee or free hand outs, make a poster board and go beg for money on the street corner you immature punk.
drakulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2015, 11:52 PM   #72
regnant
"TRF" Member

I believe not only Rolex but also Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet these top premium SWISS brands act similar to RSC.
This thread intrigues me because let's say I have Rubber B strap on my Daytona and they will refuse to service my watch. I would be frustrated too
It's like I have Carlsson performance kit in my Mercedes Benz and my dealer will not accept my car.However, in reality they service it
At least,any service center should have the watch owner sign off paper work to have a disclaimer just in case
Old 13 February 2015, 12:15 AM   #73
Mosbrook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Rolex treats their customers like inmates. Unless your prepared to subject yourself to prison rules, your watch better be bone stock. They could have held your watch captive and made you pay for a oem clasp before you got it back.

I think their tactics are too extreme and unreasonable. This crap is why I will not buy another new Rolex and as a business owner can not support such ridiculous terms of ownership. It would be like voluntarily going back into and paying for a dysfunctional relationship.

Rolex may be strict, but "holding" a watch that walks in the door is called theft in the eyes of the law. So, no. They can't. A call to the cops would clear that one up in a jiffy.

You're in marketing. Send the AD a bill for your hourly rate plus 56 cents per mile traveled. They said they'd replace it and they didn't. Simple breach of agreement. Not sure why guys on this thread seem so passive. I'd expect this group to be a little more assertive.
Mosbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 12:25 AM   #74
TopNotchChach
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
I thought pics were going to be of RSC and such. Not BH and traffic.
TopNotchChach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 01:05 AM   #75
ec51
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riva14 View Post
I think they would have probably put a new bracelet on it and then charged him for it if he had taken it off! Ive heard they do that or they wont service an incomplete watch ? Maybe so one else can explain further
Incorrect. RSC will service a head only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfunk View Post
Sending in the head only is fine. RSC does not do anything or add any part unless you've already agreed to the price. I don't know why RSC is so hated. Their prices aren't low, they don't service stuff older than 1960ish, and they won't service a watch with aftermarket parts...nothing horribly wrong with that in my book.
Some have good reason to hate the RSC. I rather know who is working on my watch. You have no idea who that will be after dropping your watch off...will it be the apprentice that just happens to be working that day? Who knows...

Eric
ec51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 01:41 AM   #76
Reu
Banned

A trip to Beverly Hills RSC - BEWARE & PIC HEAVY

Quote:
No. It's what Rolex "says".

It's real simple, if you want to have a Rolex, be prepared to pay Rolex price.

If you want to have your Rolex serviced at a RSC, be prepared to follow their policies.

If you want free coffee or free hand outs, make a poster board and go beg for money on the street corner you immature punk.

Haha I will be going to the RSC when I need to call upon serving expertise. I wouldn't go anywhere else in fact. My point was merely that I understand why the OP was annoyed. Rolex are rigid in their ways of thinking and whether you agree or not, it's fact. I was merely commenting on your subservient attitude initially.

I don't need freebies and made no reference to any complimentary coffee - that's something you have started talking about, not me.

In regards to immaturity please take a look at my responses and then yours. I think you'll see where I'm going with this.

Feel free to continue, though, as I find you quite comical and your insults are rather novel.

Now just excuse me for a moment though - I'm going to go back to sucking on my bottle and getting free handouts on street corners.
Old 13 February 2015, 02:05 AM   #77
drakulie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't need freebies and made no reference to any complimentary coffee - that's something you have started talking about, not me.

In regards to immaturity please take a look at my responses and then yours. I think you'll see where I'm going with this.

Feel free to continue, though, as I find you quite comical and your insults are rather novel.

Now just excuse me for a moment though - I'm going to go back to sucking on my bottle and getting free handouts on street corners.
The OP brought up the free coffee, or lack there-of. But thats what I like about you, your attention to detail. (sarcasm).

Then again, I understand how you could overlook this detail, being that you were too busy riding so gallantly to his defense while throwing an unsolicited deragatory insult at me.

Again, you don't like paying Rolex prices, buy a Swatch.
You don't like following their policies, go elsewhere.
You want free stuff and handouts, go back to wearing diapers and cry to your mother for that bottle.
Old 13 February 2015, 02:06 AM   #78
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
The OP brought up the free coffee, or lack there-of. But thats what I like about you, your attention to detail. (sarcasm).

Then again, I understand how you could overlook this detail, being that you were too busy riding so gallantly to his defense while throwing an unsolicited deragatory insult at me.

You want free stuff and handouts, go back to wearing diapers and cry to your mother for that bottle.
Not cool at all.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 02:09 AM   #79
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghanvet View Post
RSCs need to get with the times... plenty of other high quality watch repair centers that will service rolex's - with genuine parts, half the cost and virtually non of the hassle...
Indeed. How dare RSC charge more than an independent repair shop! Shame on them.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 02:20 AM   #80
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Well...lots to digest here...

Actually didn't look like the traffic was too bad from what I've experienced. I think this is one of those unfortunate situations where you can't really blame anyone...agree it would have been nice if they would have taken a quick look at and said 'sorry, can't do work on a watch with a non OEM part' then you would have not had to waste your time...but lesson learned for the next time.

Sorry the trip was unproductive and hope your future experiences are more pleasant.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 02:26 AM   #81
drakulie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Not cool at all.
I'm sure this unsolictied remark directed to me, you are perfectly fine with:

Quote:
Sounds like you're the sort of guy who'd take it bending over and then say thanks afterwards.
Old 13 February 2015, 02:28 AM   #82
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure this remark, you are perfectly fine with:
No, not cool either!
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 02:37 AM   #83
actionkwj
"TRF" Member

Watch: me soak up the sun
Going down the rabbit hole

Thank you TRF for one of the more entertaining threads. Here is what we have learned so far:
- The OP is ignorant and should have known better.
- The OP lacks basic technical skills and does not know how to use a screwdriver.
- The OP is foolish in expecting "service" from a Service Center.
- The OP is in a psychologically dysfunctional relationship with the Rolex brand.
- The OP should trade his Rolex for a Swatch.
- The OP should beg for coffee on the corner of Wilshire and Rodeo Drive.

It would seem that by page 3 of this thread many of the posters here have lost the basis of the OP's real complaint.

The COMPLAINT WAS NOT that RSC would not service the watch. The COMPLAINT WAS that RSC took the watch and made the OP wait for almost two hours before deciding not to service the watch.

Despite the OP's documented shortcomings and short-bus mentality, who on TRF in any part of the world feels that's superior customer service?
Attached Images
File Type: gif customer-service.gif (19.5 KB, 189 views)
actionkwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 04:23 AM   #84
Reu
Banned

A trip to Beverly Hills RSC - BEWARE & PIC HEAVY

Quote:

Hahaha ok Desperado, I'll take everything you've said on board.

... But I tend to go see your mother when I want to suck on something.
Old 13 February 2015, 05:15 AM   #85
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by regnant View Post
I believe not only Rolex but also Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet these top premium SWISS brands act similar to RSC.
This thread intrigues me because let's say I have Rubber B strap on my Daytona and they will refuse to service my watch. I would be frustrated too
It's like I have Carlsson performance kit in my Mercedes Benz and my dealer will not accept my car.However, in reality they service it
At least,any service center should have the watch owner sign off paper work to have a disclaimer just in case
Agree.....^^^.....

Mercedes Benz dealer WELCOME with open arms when you bring in Brabus, Carlsson or Lorinser cars to have them service......
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 05:27 AM   #86
fizz54
"TRF" Member

I get the frustration here, but from their perspective, they wouldn't want to touch something that they didn't manufacture. If they broke your bracelet, they wouldn't be able to service and repair it. So they are really protecting themselves from future issues. On the other hand, I would have offered to remove the bracelet see if they would service.
fizz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 05:34 AM   #87
drakulie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hahaha ok Desperado, I'll take everything you've said on board.
Good. Let that be a lesson to you.
Old 13 February 2015, 05:48 AM   #88
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
Agree.....^^^.....

Mercedes Benz dealer WELCOME with open arms when you bring in Brabus, Carlsson or Lorinser cars to have them service......
While I agree with this I'm not sure its an apples to apples comparison. I think Rolex issue is counterfeit parts and watches. I don't think the car companies are worried about counterfeit vehicles being sold. And aftermarket tuning and styling on cars usually improves the performance and look of them. Where as aftermarket watch parts for Rolex are cheaper and diminish value.
Old 13 February 2015, 07:49 AM   #89
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
The mom jokes are coming out, Wait........

download (1).jpg

Ok... Ready
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 08:20 AM   #90
aaamax
"TRF" Member

Independents are the way to go period.
-Friends Don't Let Friends RSC-
aaamax is offline   Reply With Quote