The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 13 February 2015, 08:05 AM   #1
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

My recent transaction with Brad Wenzel out of Texas

Hello all:
I have not posted much on this forum however wanted to take a few minutes to post about my recent transaction with Brad Wenzel.
He purchased from me a Rolex 1803 on E-Bay this month and paid very fast with PayPal. As I always do I ran a search on the Internet looking for his name. I found several posts here and on another forum that have been very negative about him. I sent him an e-mail to this regard and refunded his PayPal payment, stating I would be most uncomfortable getting paid by PayPal for the above stated reason. He asked to talk to me on the phone.
During the conversation he assured me that the posts about him were total lies. He paid me by wire transfer within the next 1/2 an hour and received my Rolex the next day. I would like to suggest to the moderators of this forum to request full identification from those who make disparaging posts about a buyer or a seller on the forum. This way the posters will be aware that liable can be costly and all others will know to trust what is posted. Even though the original post is closed I would ask the moderators to may be consider removing it all together. Let's be fair.
I have been buying and selling watches for over 20 years and what I have stated here is my true account.
A.F.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 11:21 AM   #2
gbx
"TRF" Member

That's tough to do on a site that is not the intermediary (i.e. escrow). The forum just connects sellers with interested buyers. The forum isn't involved in the transaction at all.

It's kind of an interesting smattering of a post... a transaction originating on eBay bleeding over to this forum.

FWIW - I haven't searched the name you mentioned - I'm sure it's not pretty.... and I'm sure it's not our place to judge the actor you mentioned. You do put yourself in an interesting position reversing the paypal side of an eBay transaction. He can still stain your account with negative feedback or worse. You are not in the clear. eBay can be very seller unfriendly.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 11:42 AM   #3
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

I only posted to possibly correct an injustice done before.

The posters who had negative comments about Brad Wenzel also posted about their transactions on E-Bay and not on this forum. All I tried to say was that anyone can post anything anonymously and I think that the forum can open itself to a legal action. Such happened on Vintage Rolex Forum.
Old 13 February 2015, 12:30 PM   #4
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

The forum would not be legally liable for any negative comments... they are just a message board and there are mounds of disclaimers on the site that state such... this is similar to how yelp works. A poster could potentially be liable, but that is another can of worms...
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 12:46 PM   #5
TheRealPatek

Watch: ing you watchin me
suggestion

I've been trolling this Forum for almost 4 months now and the content is outstanding. However, I do see some "witch hunting" and attempts to ruin ones credibility without proof, so I guess just rake it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.W. View Post
Hello all:
I have not posted much on this forum however wanted to take a few minutes to post about my recent transaction with Brad Wenzel.
He purchased from me a Rolex 1803 on E-Bay this month and paid very fast with PayPal. As I always do I ran a search on the Internet looking for his name. I found several posts here and on another forum that have been very negative about him. I sent him an e-mail to this regard and refunded his PayPal payment, stating I would be most uncomfortable getting paid by PayPal for the above stated reason. He asked to talk to me on the phone.
During the conversation he assured me that the posts about him were total lies. He paid me by wire transfer within the next 1/2 an hour and received my Rolex the next day. I would like to suggest to the moderators of this forum to request full identification from those who make disparaging posts about a buyer or a seller on the forum. This way the posters will be aware that liable can be costly and all others will know to trust what is posted. Even though the original post is closed I would ask the moderators to may be consider removing it all together. Let's be fair.
I have been buying and selling watches for over 20 years and what I have stated here is my true account.
TheRealPatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 04:08 PM   #6
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

To take it one step further, should posters who experience good results and post positive feedback also be required by moderators to provide their own full ID? What's good for the goose kinda thing...?

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 04:17 PM   #7
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

What are all these handful of posts doing demanding trf change due nonsense that happens on eBay?
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 04:40 PM   #8
watchabout
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Problem is, Regardless of the negative posters low activity, the fact that this guy Brad has so many negative things to say is enough for me to stay away from him, It is a huge deterrent to do business, be it true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 04:52 PM   #9
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I don't understand a bit of that. Brad isn't saying anything. The op is vouching for a guy(Brad) that had some classic fraud behavior across multiple forums and asking vrf to change its ways citing the repercussions of liable and demanding the burden of proof and personal info of reviewers and known members be put on blast to discourage reviews since he had a decent dealing on eBay of all places. Hopefully Brad doesn't demand a refund of the op and poach all the valuable parts or send back a different watch as was alleged in the past. Best not deal with Brad, the op, or eBay at all.
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 06:19 PM   #10
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Hello all:
Come on guys, the "scammer" told Op on the phone that everything written about him are lies.

Isn't that evidence enough to clear his name?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 06:34 PM   #11
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Wire transfer in 30 minutes?
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 07:21 PM   #12
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I think you came out good on this one. Luckily you canceled the PP transaction.

Next time you should be able to do the Paypal transaction with him...no questions asked.

And then we may hear a different story from you...
TimeToGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 08:05 PM   #13
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

It is possible, I have seen it before. Not going to comment on how sketch the story sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 10:49 PM   #14
Blong
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Come on guys, the "scammer" told Op on the phone that everything written about him are lies.

+1 this guy is totally innocent
Blong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 11:24 PM   #15
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
is there a link to the original brad thread?
Old 14 February 2015, 04:04 AM   #16
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

Are you aware of a lawsuit that was filed against Vintage Rolex Forum?
I do not know what the outcome was but am quite sure it was costly to VRF.
That website was subsequently sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
The forum would not be legally liable for any negative comments... they are just a message board and there are mounds of disclaimers on the site that state such... this is similar to how yelp works. A poster could potentially be liable, but that is another can of worms...
Old 14 February 2015, 04:15 AM   #17
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

I am not vouching.

I am not vouching for Brad Wenzel. I only described my recent transaction with him and how some messages on this forum caused me to be extra cautious. I do not know if the posts critical of Brad were true or not.
All I am selling is that it is very easy to run around various forums and post negatives... Vintage Rolex Forum does not allow posts about transactions that originated on another venue. I think it is a right thing to do. Absent of that rule posters who blast a seller or a buyer on any forum about a transaction that originated somewhere else should provide their full identification to the moderators or their post should be deleted. This way they will be held responsible for their statements and we can fully trust their feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
I don't understand a bit of that. Brad isn't saying anything. The op is vouching for a guy(Brad) that had some classic fraud behavior across multiple forums and asking vrf to change its ways citing the repercussions of liable and demanding the burden of proof and personal info of reviewers and known members be put on blast to discourage reviews since he had a decent dealing on eBay of all places. Hopefully Brad doesn't demand a refund of the op and poach all the valuable parts or send back a different watch as was alleged in the past. Best not deal with Brad, the op, or eBay at all.
Old 14 February 2015, 04:18 AM   #18
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
Yes, he told me the wire transaction was requested and when I checked my account the funds were in. Funds were transferred from his account to mine.
Old 14 February 2015, 04:27 AM   #19
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

I don't think so :)

I have done hundreds of PayPal transactions over the last 15 years or so.
Since I had a very bad experience with a buyer in Idaho about 3 years ago I am very careful now. That time I stood to lose over $4300. The buyer filed a case with PayPal. Paypal sided with me. Buyer then contacted American Express and they forced PayPal to return the funds to the buyer. All that before he even returned my watch. At the end he did send it back minus a Panerai book worth over $100. Luckily for me this lesson cost me only about $150 and some aggravation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
I think you came out good on this one. Luckily you canceled the PP transaction.

Next time you should be able to do the Paypal transaction with him...no questions asked.

And then we may hear a different story from you...
Old 14 February 2015, 04:31 AM   #20
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

This is the post I originally found on the Net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
is there a link to the original brad thread?
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=61547
Old 14 February 2015, 04:56 AM   #21
Blong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am not vouching for Brad Wenzel. I only described my recent transaction with him and how some messages on this forum caused me to be extra cautious. I do not know if the posts critical of Brad were true or not.
All I am selling is that it is very easy to run around various forums and post negatives... Vintage Rolex Forum does not allow posts about transactions that originated on another venue. I think it is a right thing to do. Absent of that rule posters who blast a seller or a buyer on any forum about a transaction that originated somewhere else should provide their full identification to the moderators or their post should be deleted. This way they will be held responsible for their statements and we can fully trust their feedback.
You say you aren't vouching for him, but I would say a post telling others to ignore the negative comments because Brad said they are lies, is vouching. Maybe everyone that posts a positive comment should have to prove their identity....how does anyone know you aren't Brads best friend or even Brad himself? It is very easy to run around forums and try to make up positive transactions to get others to believe it's ok to deal with someone...

With the easy ability to do due diligence on who to do business with now a days, I personally am grateful for the warnings people put out...(and do hope they are honest)...and I choose to avoid those sellers - especially if there appear to be multiple issues. I have done a few online transactions and choose to do so with business men that have positive reviews...it just isn't worth the risk.
Old 14 February 2015, 05:16 AM   #22
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:
thank you. quite a read.
Old 14 February 2015, 05:20 AM   #23
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

Do you know what vouching means?

I do not vouch for him and there are only a few people in the world that I would. As I said I would not accept a PayPal payment from him and probably from most buyers. You can check my previous posts on rolex forums. The moderators are aware of who I am since I had made a pledge.
There was some mud that was slung at Brad by people with very little presence on this board. I only tried to provide some counter balance.
I think I have said all that needed to be said.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vouching
Best to you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blong View Post
You say you aren't vouching for him, but I would say a post telling others to ignore the negative comments because Brad said they are lies, is vouching. Maybe everyone that posts a positive comment should have to prove their identity....how does anyone know you aren't Brads best friend or even Brad himself? It is very easy to run around forums and try to make up positive transactions to get others to believe it's ok to deal with someone...

With the easy ability to do due diligence on who to do business with now a days, I personally am grateful for the warnings people put out...(and do hope they are honest)...and I choose to avoid those sellers - especially if there appear to be multiple issues. I have done a few online transactions and choose to do so with business men that have positive reviews...it just isn't worth the risk.
Old 14 February 2015, 06:34 AM   #24
Blong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I do not vouch for him and there are only a few people in the world that I would. As I said I would not accept a PayPal payment from him and probably from most buyers. You can check my previous posts on rolex forums. The moderators are aware of who I am since I had made a pledge.
There was some mud that was slung at Brad by people with very little presence on this board. I only tried to provide some counter balance.
I think I have said all that needed to be said.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vouching
Best to you all.
Thanks for letting me know then. Just curious, but are you also posting your positive review about Brad on eBay where your transaction occurred and a site that also has bad reviews about Brad that occurred on eBay? Brad Wenzel looks like he needs to do a lot of work to get back in the good graces of the Internet.
Old 14 February 2015, 07:46 AM   #25
Rdn6405
"TRF" Member

Watch: it jiggle
"I am not vouching for Brad Wenzel. I only described my recent transaction with him and how some messages on this forum caused me to be extra cautious. I do not know if the posts critical of Brad were true or not."

So you read some information that caused you to be extra cautious, how is that a bad thing? In the end it worked out well for you and that may be due to the extra caution you used.
Rdn6405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2015, 12:09 PM   #26
A.F.W.
"TRF" Member

It does not bother you the least>

that the accused may have been wrongly accused?
It does not matter that I may have benefited from reading those comments.
People should not be able to post anonymously negative comments about a buyer or seller.
If you were wronged by someone and want to share it for the benefit of others be a man and let your identity be known.
Is this too much to ask?
Old 15 February 2015, 12:55 AM   #27
Caduceus
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A collection
Quote:

hilarious!!
Caduceus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2015, 01:29 AM   #28
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:

Of course it is.
Old 15 February 2015, 06:01 AM   #29
jbshaffer
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDK&F
From kareemthedream33's post (#15): "Something isn't right in this thread. A bunch of consecutive negative comments by (mostly new) members with only 1 post. Something stinks."
jbshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote