The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 18 February 2015, 08:53 PM   #1
watchking123
"TRF" Member

Icon13 Everyone Be Careful of ROBISAN

Hey guys and girls did a trade deal with ROBISAN a couple weeks ago in which he sent me a two tone cartier Santos 100 xl upon receiving the watch I had it checked by and authorized cartier dealer in Toronto only to find out the watch was 100% fake a very very good fake with box and papers but it was fake I sent the watch back to ROBISAN who assured me he had bought it from a legit dealer and he did not know that it was a knock off don't know what to beleive just keep your eyes open when dealing with him good thing I didn't send him any money or my watch first before I received his!!!!!
watchking123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2015, 08:56 PM   #2
MonBK
Banned

Is he a TRF member?

EDIT: Never mind, found him and the ad.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2015, 09:05 PM   #3
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
It appears he is as surprised as you. That doesn't really matter though.
Is he a long term member here?
One thought, if he was trying to scam you, why would he send it before you've paid anything?

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 12:52 AM   #4
watchking123
"TRF" Member

Ya he's a trf member has been for a while i beleive I really don't k ow what to make of the situation to be honest just wanted to warn everyone just in case he was tying to pull a fast one
Old 19 February 2015, 12:56 AM   #5
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Hello Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post
... if he was trying to scam you, why would he send it before you've paid anything?
This.

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 01:03 AM   #6
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
Pretty unusual to have a seller send a watch with no payment or trade up front. Something is amiss here that's for sure. Will be interested to see where this goes.

PClub # 10
The safest place for your watch is on your wrist.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 01:26 AM   #7
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Weird warning post. The seller gave you full oppurtunity to check the watch out without paying a dime and still there's a watchout post on his name.
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 01:43 AM   #8
hanybad
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116523,116710,5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchking123 View Post
Ya he's a trf member has been for a while i beleive I really don't k ow what to make of the situation to be honest just wanted to warn everyone just in case he was tying to pull a fast one
I think that if he wanted to pull a fast one he wouldn't send you the watch to check it out, it's either he didn't know or your dealer made a mistake authenticating the watch.
hanybad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 02:22 AM   #9
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanybad View Post
I think that if he wanted to pull a fast one he wouldn't send you the watch to check it out, it's either he didn't know or your dealer made a mistake authenticating the watch.
"If someone was trying to rip you off they would've done X instead of Y" is never good logic. There's a trillion ways to scam someone, and scammers can easily intentionally do things that it seems like a scammer wouldn't do, just to gain trust. Could be an honest mistake but we'll never know. I'll stick to more well-known sellers regardless.
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 02:48 AM   #10
hanybad
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116523,116710,5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfunk View Post
"If someone was trying to rip you off they would've done X instead of Y" is never good logic. There's a trillion ways to scam someone, and scammers can easily intentionally do things that it seems like a scammer wouldn't do, just to gain trust. Could be an honest mistake but we'll never know. I'll stick to more well-known sellers regardless.
I wouldn't consider sending a watch to someone without paying anything first and giving a chance to inspect it or take it to whomever they chose to authenticate one of the trillion ways to scam someone IMHO
hanybad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 03:31 AM   #11
watchking123
"TRF" Member

Case is closed guys regardless the watch was a fake wether he knew it or not doesn't matter to me was just a big waste of time for me to end up going nowhere
Old 19 February 2015, 03:32 AM   #12
robisan
"TRF" Member

If I wanted to pull a fast one, I would have accepted the cash offers of a couple of members and ran away. It just happens I am looking to get your watch after I sold mine so why not trade. I will never buy from the dealer (not here in the forum, offline dealer) I got it from because I still believe you, although you said you had it checked by your "friend" and you did ship back the watch after you made me pay 150$ net to you for shipping fee but its missing a bezel screw which I confronted you about but you said it doesnt matter because its a fake. Outer carton box is torn too. I told you I will have it double checked myself you said there is no sense into doing it anymore too then you post this.

Yes I had one single bad transaction before but the member and I were able to clear things up privately. He told me politely the problem, I refunded him and everything is good. Mind you its a lot larger than this. It will not be always perfect but everything can be amended if communicated properly! Or probably because that other guy is a long time member with lots of posts and transactions and can deal with things better unlike you. Its off topic already, but we could have communicated, you know my email, number in the shipping form too. However my mistake is dealing with you in the first place. This is not worth my time, I don't want stress so bye!
robisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 03:33 AM   #13
robisan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchking123 View Post
Case is closed guys regardless the watch was a fake wether he knew it or not doesn't matter to me was just a big waste of time for me to end up going nowhere
Okay same here. Bye.
robisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 03:59 AM   #14
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by robisan View Post
If I wanted to pull a fast one, I would have accepted the cash offers of a couple of members and ran away. It just happens I am looking to get your watch after I sold mine so why not trade. I will never buy from the dealer (not here in the forum, offline dealer) I got it from because I still believe you, although you said you had it checked by your "friend" and you did ship back the watch after you made me pay 150$ net to you for shipping fee but its missing a bezel screw which I confronted you about but you said it doesnt matter because its a fake. Outer carton box is torn too. I told you I will have it double checked myself you said there is no sense into doing it anymore too then you post this.

Yes I had one single bad transaction before but the member and I were able to clear things up privately. He told me politely the problem, I refunded him and everything is good. Mind you its a lot larger than this. It will not be always perfect but everything can be amended if communicated properly! Or probably because that other guy is a long time member with lots of posts and transactions and can deal with things better unlike you. Its off topic already, but we could have communicated, you know my email, number in the shipping form too. However my mistake is dealing with you in the first place. This is not worth my time, I don't want stress so bye!
Are you kidding? Running off with someone's money is an obvious way to get caught and in trouble. This way you got to hope he didn't notice, or get lulled into a false sense of security because you're such a good guy to send the watch first. He did actually get it authenticated, so you just claim ignorance and say "why would I have sent it first if I'm a scammer?"

I don't trust you, nor anyone who says "if I wanted to scam you I would've done x."
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2015, 04:31 AM   #15
watchking123
"TRF" Member

Guys no sense in arguing about this bottom line is the watch is a knock off plain and simple I buy and sell thousands and thousands of dollars in watches every year of the watch was authentic I obviously would have gone through with the transaction it's as simple as that the watch was looked over buy an authorized cartier watch maker he said it's fake so I belive his word over anyone's like it's simple he works for cartier he has no reason to bullshit