The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 9 April 2010, 04:23 AM   #241
dmc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMTIIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Camembert View Post
We have been there and done that.
Did I overlook the comentary on that?

So then the case back has ben replaced?

R.I.P. JJ
Rolex GMTIIC M
Rolex GMTIIC V TRF
Rolex 16610 M
Rolex 116610 G
Omega SMP

Live Free Or Die
Old 9 April 2010, 04:28 AM   #242
dmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitek View Post
Hey y'all
I want to put your over-active minds at rest.
Whilst I am still keen to part with this watch, it has become clear to me that for members of TRF to gain trust in myself and faith in the watch’s authenticity without 'impeccable references' is going to be extremely difficult in this forum. This is understandable given the potential value of the watch. With this in mind I have asked a Watch Dealer in Melbourne to handle the sale of the watch for me. For any further information please contact Darryl Middleton at Watch Trader Pty Ltd. darryl@watchtrader.com.au.
Incidentally, I covered the last four digits in the serial number with XXXX so's the Chinese wouldn't throw out a million copies of this watch before I sold it.
The watch is now in Melbourne. Keep your heads up, I'm not a scammer and refuse to take offence at such suggestions. Again, thanks to the kind gentlemen who made me aware of the many details regarding this watch. It has a mk III dial apparently and a inside case date of IV 67. You can always call Sydney RSC on 02 9251 8988 with the reference S7904. They may or may not talk to you, I guess it all depends on your credibility
I somehow missed this one Earl.

It still vaguely explains the last three digits because in the ebay listing all seven digits are displayed. I think the last 3 were 950.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rolex-Double-...item4cee865aa9

R.I.P. JJ
Rolex GMTIIC M
Rolex GMTIIC V TRF
Rolex 16610 M
Rolex 116610 G
Omega SMP

Live Free Or Die
Old 9 April 2010, 11:55 AM   #243
haitek

Watch: Citizen quartz ;-)
Stuff

I think your gleaner needs to be cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
But the info I have gleaned appears to be valid.
Old 9 April 2010, 12:26 PM   #244
dmc
"TRF" Member

Would you like to elaborate?

R.I.P. JJ
Rolex GMTIIC M
Rolex GMTIIC V TRF
Rolex 16610 M
Rolex 116610 G
Omega SMP

Live Free Or Die
Old 9 April 2010, 01:32 PM   #245
haitek

Stuff

I was just being a smartarse. Nothing serious just a spontaneous remark

Quote:

Would you like to elaborate?
Old 9 April 2010, 01:35 PM   #246
haitek

Case back

No, to my knowledge the case back is original. I have owned this watch since new............

Quote:
Did I overlook the comentary on that?

So then the case back has ben replaced?
Old 20 April 2010, 10:18 PM   #247
Clogger

Watch: SS Sub Date
Just eating a big slice of humble pie Aby. I was one of the doubters and in some cases it is nice to be proved wrong, this being one of those times.

My apologies for any comments made and I hope you get a good price for the DRSD.

Regards,

Clogger.
Old 21 April 2010, 01:08 AM   #248
haitek

Thanks

Thanks for your comment clogger. I had no doubts about the authenticity of the DRSD but it's hard to convey that on a forum where I'm virtually unknown.
It's cool!
Old 24 April 2010, 09:05 PM   #249
DadsWatch72
Banned

Watch: DRSD 1665 #3551XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by haitek View Post
Hey y'all
I want to put your over-active minds at rest.
Whilst I am still keen to part with this watch, it has become clear to me that for members of TRF to gain trust in myself and faith in the watch’s authenticity without 'impeccable references' is going to be extremely difficult in this forum. This is understandable given the potential value of the watch. With this in mind I have asked a Watch Dealer in Melbourne to handle the sale of the watch for me. For any further information please contact Darryl Middleton at Watch Trader Pty Ltd. darryl@watchtrader.com.au.
Incidentally, I covered the last four digits in the serial number with XXXX so's the Chinese wouldn't throw out a million copies of this watch before I sold it.
The watch is now in Melbourne. Keep your heads up, I'm not a scammer and refuse to take offence at such suggestions. Again, thanks to the kind gentlemen who made me aware of the many details regarding this watch. It has a mk III dial apparently and a inside case date of IV 67. You can always call Sydney RSC on 02 9251 8988 with the reference S7904. They may or may not talk to you, I guess it all depends on your credibility

Trust.......Faith.........come on man. I wouldn't buy anything on trust and faith. I like cold hard facts, evidence, and proof. You had many people that wanted to consider buying this watch and asked if you would send it to them for verification but it was YOU that didn't TRUST THEM. Maybe you didn't have enough faith.
Old 24 April 2010, 09:24 PM   #250
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsWatch72 View Post
Trust.......Faith.........come on man. I wouldn't buy anything on trust and faith. I like cold hard facts, evidence, and proof. You had many people that wanted to consider buying this watch and asked if you would send it to them for verification but it was YOU that didn't TRUST THEM. Maybe you didn't have enough faith.
oops....someone forgot their happy pill this morning.......
Old 24 April 2010, 10:06 PM   #251
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjp6 View Post

Abi , did your watch sell yet ?
Old 24 April 2010, 10:08 PM   #252
DadsWatch72
Banned

Watch: DRSD 1665 #3551XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjp6 View Post
.........There have been many many "Red Flags" about this watch and unless you have followed the entire mini saga you might not understand where I am coming from regarding my scepticism. I would like to see someone that really knows about these watches (Steve M. for example) to get a chance to take a close look at this watch and put the question of authenticity to rest. However, this guy has refused many many many chances for this to happen from members of TRF. Why??? If he really wanted to sell it, he could have done so 10X over by now if he would just TRUST and have some FAITH and send it to one of them for verification. Even if the person checking out the watch didn't end up buying it, he could at least testify that the watch is genuine (IF it is genuine) allowing someone else peace of mind to purchase it. And nobody cares what Sydney says about the watch Abi, period. Most (or many) dealers don't know a fake is it was staring at them in the face. The people that you need to endorse that watch are in a few select places.....TRF being one of them.

I remember when he first posted the watch for $500 AU on Ebay......now it's $50,000 AU on Ebay...... Serial number conflicts, claims that the watch sat "unworn" for 20 years...........red flags I say.........red flags.

Condition Report

Purchased new in c. 1972. Worn regularly for about 20 years. Serviced frequently by Rolex Sydney and the late Karl Pieper - Watchmaker. Not worn for almost twenty years (not serviced in this time). Watch currently runs about 3 seconds fast/24hrs. Date dial not rotating (possibly the result of damage to the crystal and inner case ring). Otherwise the watch appears to be in mechanically very sound condition. Supplied without bracelet.
Old 24 April 2010, 10:24 PM   #253
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
"Verrrrrry Interesting ............ "
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l1.JPG (30.3 KB, 90 views)
Old 24 April 2010, 11:22 PM   #254
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsWatch72 View Post
.........There have been many many "Red Flags" about this watch and unless you have followed the entire mini saga you might not understand where I am coming from regarding my scepticism. I would like to see someone that really knows about these watches (Steve M. for example) to get a chance to take a close look at this watch and put the question of authenticity to rest. However, this guy has refused many many many chances for this to happen from members of TRF. Why??? If he really wanted to sell it, he could have done so 10X over by now if he would just TRUST and have some FAITH and send it to one of them for verification. Even if the person checking out the watch didn't end up buying it, he could at least testify that the watch is genuine (IF it is genuine) allowing someone else peace of mind to purchase it. And nobody cares what Sydney says about the watch Abi, period. Most (or many) dealers don't know a fake is it was staring at them in the face. The people that you need to endorse that watch are in a few select places.....TRF being one of them.

I remember when he first posted the watch for $500 AU on Ebay......now it's $50,000 AU on Ebay...... Serial number conflicts, claims that the watch sat "unworn" for 20 years...........red flags I say.........red flags.

Condition Report

Purchased new in c. 1972. Worn regularly for about 20 years. Serviced frequently by Rolex Sydney and the late Karl Pieper - Watchmaker. Not worn for almost twenty years (not serviced in this time). Watch currently runs about 3 seconds fast/24hrs. Date dial not rotating (possibly the result of damage to the crystal and inner case ring). Otherwise the watch appears to be in mechanically very sound condition. Supplied without bracelet.
This is another of your opinions.

My opinion is that you clearly have no idea in this instance and my opinion of your post here is..

This thread needs locking.
Closed Thread