The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 May 2018, 03:01 AM   #1
DarthBane
"TRF" Member

Sketchy eBay items

Whoever is bidding on the eBay auctions expiring tomorrow/next day by a specific seller should be careful.

This 5513 in particular is a relume and most of the other watches he’s selling have photos taken with bad lighting and lack of macros. Big red flag.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F392046192619

He refuses to meet locally in Montreal so buyer beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarthBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 05:32 AM   #2
dhknola
"TRF" Member

Did you see his other auctions? He has a speedy going for 35k, a gmt at 18k and some other vintage pieces.
dhknola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 09:23 AM   #3
DarthBane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhknola View Post
Did you see his other auctions? He has a speedy going for 35k, a gmt at 18k and some other vintage pieces.

Yup. The pcg 1675 is a relume as well. The 2915 Speedy might be the best of the bunch even if it has donor hands or relumed hands. But the gilt sub and gmt winners are going to have a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarthBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 10:06 AM   #4
dhknola
"TRF" Member

I've seen this seller with expensive vintage before but have been scared off by the awful pictures and very cold listing...I'm watching to see what they go for
Old 24 May 2018, 10:38 PM   #5
Toronto Soup King
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016.
I bought that dog of a 1013 from that eBay seller, I just checked, last June. LAWW and MY did the restoration work on that watch...it was a wreck, sure, but all original, all genuine, and IMO I paid the right price for it. Item 401338582777, and as soon as all these workmen get out of my house I'll be able to post some pics.

So. I don't know what they're up to with their other listings, but the Rolex I bought from them was A-OK.
Toronto Soup King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 12:06 AM   #6
chows99
"TRF" Member

Please show photos. Will be very interesting!
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 11:29 AM   #7
SAAS
"TRF" Member

Following a couple of them amazed how expensive they are closing. After service costs many are going for dealer retail. On the other hand a lot of nice cases. But it’s hard to tell on the dials the crystals seem almost uniformally tortured.
SAAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 02:16 PM   #8
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
They just don't care - move a ton a year - some good some bad. An ass for every seat.

I purchased a Flake last year, had to return because a bad dial. I also let them know they had a fake - they let it run and cost someone 6 grand

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-TUDOR...p2047675.l2557
Old 26 May 2018, 02:18 AM   #9
05carbondrz
Banned

Check this One out:https://m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TUDOR...-/392046156017

Looks like the serial number was bead blasted off or something similar...SHADY! Still brought all the Money in my Eyes.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2018, 03:01 AM   #10
dhknola
"TRF" Member

Not in the mood to gamble real money today, but tudor flake date ending later today is talking to me...it looks all original to my neophyte eyes.
Old 26 May 2018, 03:42 AM   #11
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhknola View Post
Not in the mood to gamble real money today, but tudor flake date ending later today is talking to me...it looks all original to my neophyte eyes.
I suspect it’s going to do close to 9K which including a service is too much IMHO.Plus the Seller has no pic of the Serial Number which really worries me considering what I posted above.
Old 26 May 2018, 11:30 AM   #12
05carbondrz
Banned

$10,300 for the Date Snowflake....What has this Hobby come to?
Old 26 May 2018, 11:58 AM   #13
shawndww
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 6542
The seller is simply posting pictures and references. Hardly sketchy. He is not claiming anything and letting go for whatever people are willing to pay. He has over 12k of items sold with positive feedback. This tells me he is a straight forward seller. I would buy the seller for what it is, which is good and honest. just another object in this case. He is not trying to represent Rolex, the community etc...
shawndww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2018, 12:00 PM   #14
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndww View Post
The seller is simply posting pictures and references. Hardly sketchy. He is not claiming anything and letting go for whatever people are willing to pay. He has over 12k of items sold with positive feedback. This tells me he is a straight forward seller. I would buy the seller for what it is, which is good and honest. just another object in this case. He is not trying to represent Rolex, the community etc...
Like not disclosing some Dials where relumed,Serials Numbers removed,etc....Pleading ignorance is not a Defense in my Book.
Old 26 May 2018, 12:33 PM   #15
shawndww
"TRF" Member

They sell, 3 dollar watches.. a watch is a watch is a watch.. you assume they know the history of an item. A bulk buyer is a bulk seller. The problem with these forums is over analysis of someone objective. The ignorance is in the buyers not figuring this out.
Old 26 May 2018, 12:40 PM   #16
shawndww
"TRF" Member

Furthermore they state. “(PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE ARE NOT PROFESSONIAL GRADER MAKE YOUR OPINION ON THE PICTURE YOU SEE)”
And most likely offer a return if not satisfied, how else do you satisfy 12 thousand people.
Old 26 May 2018, 02:51 PM   #17
linesiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndww View Post
Furthermore they state. “(PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE ARE NOT PROFESSONIAL GRADER MAKE YOUR OPINION ON THE PICTURE YOU SEE)”
And most likely offer a return if not satisfied, how else do you satisfy 12 thousand people.

He's sketchy - he was told he was selling a fake and he sold it for 6k
Old 26 May 2018, 11:28 PM   #18
Toronto Soup King
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
He's sketchy - he was told he was selling a fake and he sold it for 6k
That is beyond sketchy IMO. I'm glad my purchase from him was of a genuine correct original watch. So: Buyer Beware. But at the same time I wouldn't assume everything he sells is fake, I'm wearing proof of the opposite.
Toronto Soup King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2018, 12:01 AM   #19
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
I don’t bother telling sellers they are selling fakes any more. Just report the auction. Sellers know when they sell fake shite. Seller is a complete idiot if he ignores a nice free warning.

His two snowflakes were great projects. They got lots of money and I think the criticism of the prices is just reality that they are very expensive models.

Declining a face to face is not cool either
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2018, 12:20 AM   #20
linesiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
$10,300 for the Date Snowflake....What has this Hobby come to?
Irrational money on that watch. I did a quick analysis on the parts whether B, C, D condition and if important parts were in B condition was still in 7500 range plus you would need to add service (it doesn't run). You had to hope the extreme gunk would come off insert, that the dial had no damage, etc...

The one caveat, if it is an original 7021 and the dial is mint, it might be off the charts with that patina. But that is a big if.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Soup King View Post
That is beyond sketchy IMO. I'm glad my purchase from him was of a genuine correct original watch. So: Buyer Beware. But at the same time I wouldn't assume everything he sells is fake, I'm wearing proof of the opposite.
I know a few that have gotten decent pieces from him, and also know those that have returned crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry in montreal View Post
I don’t bother telling sellers they are selling fakes any more. Just report the auction. Sellers know when they sell fake shite. Seller is a complete idiot if he ignores a nice free warning.

His two snowflakes were great projects. They got lots of money and I think the criticism of the prices is just reality that they are very expensive models.

Declining a face to face is not cool either
Unfortunately not sure Ebay does much when you report fakes.

At 10k you could safely spend your money elsewhere ; )
Old 27 May 2018, 04:08 AM   #21
05carbondrz
Banned

I bid $7,500 on the Snowflake Date and I thought that was pushing it,Obviously someone else felt differently.