The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 17 November 2012, 04:35 PM   #121
Glenn422
"TRF" Member

Wow TRF is just amazing :) After reading the whole thread, David and MonBK, and other members providing support..just amazing

guys!
Old 17 November 2012, 04:42 PM   #122
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
How do you know he won't be replacing any of the watch parts with aftermarket before the buyer sends the watch back. That thought would be tormenting me when waiting for the watch to be delivered..
i still feel sorry for the buyer. He bought a watch in good faith for a fair price on ebay. he received one with a fake bracelet, the forum agrees its fake and paypal agrees with him.

yet he is still getting grief on this thread? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 17 November 2012, 04:52 PM   #123
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I noticed that the buyer has killed all but one of his eBay IDs - maybe the only positive outcome...unless he's put up 3 more aliases
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRsDJ View Post
I just checked them all and they don't say, no longer a registered user?
My apologies - I was using eBay's Community Profile lookup and it came back that way for 3 of the ID's.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 17 November 2012, 05:06 PM   #124
Kokoshawnuff
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artschool View Post
It's about how he acted on his first and only post on TRF. Offering no evidence, only that everyone should trust him, then calling people schmucks when they ask for evidence.
Old 17 November 2012, 11:37 PM   #125
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
i still feel sorry for the buyer. He bought a watch in good faith for a fair price on ebay. he received one with a fake bracelet, the forum agrees its fake and paypal agrees with him.

If you read his one and only post on here I think you might agree that he could have worded it way way better than he did and why he was banned immediately.
Old 18 November 2012, 12:06 AM   #126
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyomikanai View Post
Im the buyer!! The bracelet is fake!! Fake!! Fake!! You schmucks obviously are not rolex buyers..he can cry, stomp his feet, pull his hair out and believe whatever he wants.......the band is fake!! I told him to either refund me $1500 or take the watch back, he refused both..and for u putz's who think u can tell a bracelet is real from pictures, good luck!!
Fake or not, this guy really comes across as a douchebag
Old 18 November 2012, 12:24 AM   #127
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

This guy should be banned also. He's just stoking the fire and has nothing constructive to say...
Old 18 November 2012, 12:34 AM   #128
de66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
How do you know he won't be replacing any of the watch parts with aftermarket before the buyer sends the watch back. That thought would be tormenting me when waiting for the watch to be delivered..
That would definitely be one of my concerns! Hope you don't get stiffed on the rebound...
My expectations to such big godlike million dollar dealer would be a somewhat more professional approach to solving a dispute, specially since we are talking about a (for him) measly 1500$.

Good luck and I hope for you that the return of your watch is the end of it
Old 18 November 2012, 12:38 AM   #129
BaliBryan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 RED, OP39,PAM
Quote:

Artschool, I just read this thread in its entirety and I completely agree with you.
Old 18 November 2012, 12:49 AM   #130
de66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliBryan View Post
Artschool, I just read this thread in its entirety and I completely agree with you.
Paypal's buyer protection is almost legendary, and an absolute beautiful system. Sadly it has been abused by scammers on plenty occasions by them returning fake or even cheaper substitutes, as witnessed not only here but on other forums too. And you know what they say: if it smells like a fishy duck don't stay for dinner!

ps Quote was meant to include Artschool's statement too

Last edited by de66; 18 November 2012 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Didn't manage to copy the complete quote
Old 18 November 2012, 12:50 AM   #131
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
This guy should be banned also. He's just stoking the fire and has nothing constructive to say...
is your comment constructive? i haven't been offensive and am just offering my opinion.
Old 18 November 2012, 12:57 AM   #132
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post

No. Everyone is allowed their opinion...what's next we BAN You for causing trouble and trying to get people banned???!!!

It's a slippery slope my friend.
Old 18 November 2012, 02:40 AM   #133
Micha
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263, 1675
...can't we all just get along???
Old 18 November 2012, 02:55 AM   #134
RRsDJ

Watch: 16078 / 16618
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliBryan View Post
If it wasn't for me making this thread and David (crowncollection) actually showing me evidence for comparison or asking me for specific pictures and saying its fake I would still not have proof.

I've asked the buyer at least 10x in eBay messages, emails and on Paypal for some type of proof yet he refused.

The only reason Paypal decided in his favor is because he submitted evidence to them. Why couldn't he have done that for me? This whole ordeal would have never taken place because I would've done what he asked and refunded $1,500.00.

I've never said he is going to pull a switch-a-roo. Mater of fact I still stood up for him and said I don't think he would stoop to that level of swapping parts out. He's the one that got the raw end of the deal buying something he thought was an authentic Rolex part. He comes across as a jerk to people but I don't think he's a dishonest buyer.

In the end he's getting made whole. There's something that this guy had said that if I posted in the open I guarantee you NODODY here would be on his side. Ive PM'ed what he said to two members and ill leave it at that because Ive never wanted to make it personal, I always wanted it to be about the bracelet.

And with that said, I'm off to do some shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 November 2012, 04:46 AM   #135
BaliBryan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 RED, OP39,PAM
I agree with all your points, including the fact that you did stand up for him,however if someone had to be named a victim here it would be the buyer wouldn't it? I don't agree with his nasty misdirected post, but I can see how he might be a little pissed. A few of us members jumped to the early conclusion that its a scam and continued to question the buyers motives even after the situation had been resolved. Its just my take on this.
Old 18 November 2012, 04:54 AM   #136
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If it wasn't for me making this thread and David (crowncollection) actually showing me evidence for comparison or asking me for specific pictures and saying its fake I would still not have proof.

I've asked the buyer at least 10x in eBay messages, emails and on Paypal for some type of proof yet he refused.

The only reason Paypal decided in his favor is because he submitted evidence to them. Why couldn't he have done that for me? This whole ordeal would have never taken place because I would've done what he asked and refunded $1,500.00.

I've never said he is going to pull a switch-a-roo. Mater of fact I still stood up for him and said I don't think he would stoop to that level of swapping parts out. He's the one that got the raw end of the deal buying something he thought was an authentic Rolex part. He comes across as a jerk to people but I don't think he's a dishonest buyer.

In the end he's getting made whole. There's something that this guy had said that if I posted in the open I guarantee you NODODY here would be on his side. Ive PM'ed what he said to two members and ill leave it at that because Ive never wanted to make it personal, I always wanted it to be about the bracelet.

And with that said, I'm off to do some shopping.

It is best to put it behind you and move forward. You were also a victim when the piece was first sold to you.

Glad the thread shared the detail it did for the benefit of TRF community.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 18 November 2012, 04:58 AM   #137
newmedia
"TRF" Member

Its pretty sad to see why the buyer has to prove the item he bought is a fake to seller in first place, this should be the sellers job in first place. Thank you paypal for acting as " broker" over internet sales.
Old 18 November 2012, 09:28 AM   #138
RRsDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmedia View Post
Its pretty sad to see why the buyer has to prove the item he bought is a fake to seller in first place, this should be the sellers job in first place. Thank you paypal for acting as " broker" over internet sales.
It's not sad. That's part of the deal if you use Paypal. In this instance the buyer is right but there are plenty of scammer out there. Just ask some members on this board. I've had 2 PM saying they sold a Rolex and buyers claimed it was fake. It was only until Paypal had the paperwork with both pictures to determine the buyer was lying.

Paypal is his saving grace because if it was done VIA wire there would be no refund.

Also this buyer pulled this same stunt on another TRF member so the buyers record is not spotless.

Old 18 November 2012, 09:36 AM   #139
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Also this buyer pulled this same stunt on another TRF member so the buyers record is not spotless.
and by stunt you mean he was unhappy at receiving a fake bracelet?
Old 18 November 2012, 10:25 AM   #140
newmedia
"TRF" Member

I give up ....
Old 18 November 2012, 11:08 AM   #141
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos5559 View Post
he was out of nyc area? he bought a DJ off me on ebay and tried the same thing with me saying the band was after market this guy is the worst of the worst, finds ebay sellers with good feedback but not to many high end sales and over pays for the watch then pulls this crap!!!
This. Bottom of page one of the thread.
Old 18 November 2012, 11:26 AM   #142
TPLGT
"TRF" Member

In before the lock. The bottom line is the op didn't know it was fake and the buyer is a douche. These are the facts.
Old 18 November 2012, 12:22 PM   #143
Lrd2sea
"TRF" Member

Buyer needs better comunicting skill, or manner, actually. Not feeling bad for him at all for being banened and judged as how he acts.
OP just found out his bracelet is not authentic, and that's an honest mistake if anything. Simple explaination from the buyer would have accomplished a lot and saved everyone a lot of time, whilst self-proclaiming "God" naturally lands him a negative impression from anyone coherant. Return the watch and receive the refund would have been a sensible approach.

Having said that, I do appreciate the buyer's ("rearlounge" is his name, right?) antic for inspiring all the experts here, I was thoroughly enlightened, and all that details of the G below the lady and the dog head are very entertaining and informative, and above all, educational!
Old 18 November 2012, 12:26 PM   #144
RRsDJ

Quote:
and by stunt you mean he was unhappy at receiving a fake bracelet?
No thats not what I mean. Go back on page 1 and find the members Nikos5559 post. Hes also PM'ed me more details about the whole deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmedia View Post
I give up ....
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOA View Post
This. Bottom of page one of the thread.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLGT View Post
In before the lock. The bottom line is the op didn't know it was fake and the buyer is a douche. These are the facts.
Yes, those are the facts indeed.

MODs feel free to lock the thread. The verdict is in. Hes returning the watch and is getting a FULL refund. I'll make a new post if anything comes up when I receive the watch back. Fingers crossed I get exactly what I sent to him back.

Thanks everyone!
Old 18 November 2012, 04:52 PM   #145
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
IBTL!
Old 18 November 2012, 05:02 PM   #146
RRsDJ

I've asked the Mods to lock it. There's nothing else left to say.

Old 18 November 2012, 05:07 PM   #147
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
I've asked the Mods to lock it. There's nothing else left to say.

I don't think it should be locked until it's over and you receive your watch back.
Old 18 November 2012, 05:26 PM   #148
Wacker23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sub
I cant believe the buyer called himself a "God". Who does that?
Old 18 November 2012, 05:26 PM   #149
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker23 View Post
I cant believe the buyer called himself a "God". Who does that?
Ed.
Old 18 November 2012, 06:51 PM   #150
financeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Most of our wives. Lol
Closed Thread