The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 19 September 2017, 05:31 PM   #121
rolehex
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Yes, one must be vigilante on leaving and indeed on entering the bank if they know what you look like. If possible leave the watch in a safety deposit box and tell the failed buyer you will do so.
To add on here, Tell the buyer before hand that you always keep this watch in a safety deposit box at the Bank so that's why you want to do the F@F there. Then they won't assume you will leave with it.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2017, 12:16 AM   #122
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard6xdx View Post
Le Dandy
Agree but something was really weird. None of the Starbucks employees were willing to call the cops at all It was a very weird situation and I got no assistance from the employees at all.
Reminds me of when I worked. I was on the way in the AM. I saw a parked car that started to catch on fire. I ran into a bank next to it to get a fire extinguisher. They refused saying it was only for their use. Luckily the fire department came and extinguished it.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2017, 01:51 AM   #123
Jenkinscc
"TRF" Member

That really is unfortunate. Try contact Starbucks headquarters they may be able to do something about it.
Jenkinscc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2017, 02:19 AM   #124
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfrank View Post
Reminds me of when I worked. I was on the way in the AM. I saw a parked car that started to catch on fire. I ran into a bank next to it to get a fire extinguisher. They refused saying it was only for their use. Luckily the fire department came and extinguished it.

Wow what if there had been a trapped kid in the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 September 2017, 10:33 PM   #125
Tony64
"TRF" Member

This is what happened when someone tried to help...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...d-him.amp.html
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2017, 12:17 AM   #126
mikkolopez
"TRF" Member

Sorry for your loss. These scum of the earth should be caught and jailed.

I've been doing f2f transactions most of the time so the buyer or I can check the watch out before paying. But I do it either at the AD or RSC if authentication is required, I just pay the AD tech some bucks for the trouble.
Or at my bank where my SDB is so I know everyone including the guards and the cash is deposited straight to the bank. If transaction does not push through then watch goes to SDB.
And I don't wear any watch myself so nothing to be held up for.
More advise is don't do f2f at their house or yours coz if it's a perp then you just walked into his turf or you just showed him where you live. And do it during banking hours that way less risk than a night or weekend transaction.

Just 2 Sundays ago, this 'interested' buyer-guy wants to view my Milgauss on a Sunday night at a Starbucks. I Politely said no and would only show the watch when price is accepted and in a bank. Needless to say I never heard back after.

Sent from my G3116 using Tapatalk
I have even DONE everything,
I just don't REMEMBER everything.
mikkolopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2017, 03:45 PM   #127
StephenCanale
"TRF" Member

For what it's worth, I've only ever suggested 2 face-to-face transactions.

I start with the bank lobby where they will withdraw cash if they wish to proceed after inspection. This is my choice for two reasons. First, cameras cover every inch of the bank lobbies and parking lots, AND if the sale proceeds I'll only take cash withdrawn and counted out by a teller so I don't have to worry about counterfeit bills.

First sale proceeded without a hitch.

If they decline meeting at their local bank branch for whatever reason, as was the case with my second attempted f2f meeting (the excuse was they couldn't meet during banking hours) then the only other place I'll meet is the lobby of the local State Police post.

Never heard back from that second "buyer" for some reason...
StephenCanale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2017, 05:37 AM   #128
shoprlx
"TRF" Member

sorry to hear about this, glad youre safe though
shoprlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2017, 03:11 PM   #129
CBG1
"TRF" Member

I know this was was started back in August, but looks like replies keeping updated.

Just a reminder -- holiday season tends to bring out an increase in scams, thefts, and generally more swindlers. The suggestion for f2f at PD is my preference, when authenticity isn't a concern.

Also, FYI if you're at Starbucks, Bay Area seeing an increase in grab n go type thefts of laptops and cell phones, literally right from under sometimes hands while typing.
CBG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 04:38 AM   #130
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

People are real scumbags. Sorry for your loss.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 05:30 AM   #131
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

If I have to do a F2F transaction in selling a watch if it's a large value item I usually have a "linebacker-sized" friend posted close by the door. I make sure that I know the location in and out with surveillance cameras outside.

Usually I get there way in advance to monitor the flow of people coming in and out. You can tell who the other party usually are by the look of unfamiliarity on their faces.

Starbucks up in NorCal has recently had numerous laptop thefts by similar culprits. Coffee shops are never safe since most people are too occupied with their own stuff staring into the laptops.

Buying/selling on Craigslist is the worse nowadays. Every time I've listed an item, I get bombarded with Nigerian scam emails. The forums are much better, but you still need to do your due diligence and on alert.

Did you even file a police report for the incident? Usually if you have a police report, it can help ease access to information you need.
79280_116520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 10:36 AM   #132
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
For f2f meet inside your bank and one with double security doors so there is no chance of running out. If selling make sure you pay the funds straight in so they are not fake notes. And when leaving be cautious and vigilante that no one is waiting for you.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 12:44 PM   #133
dmac001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yacht-Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard6xdx View Post
Yes it's that Starbucks . I did check w urgent care and target and they both cannot release the video to me. But I will touch base with the assigned investigator
File a police report. Your insurance may be able to view the videos.... Good luck.
dmac001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2017, 10:16 AM   #134
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Now, a terrible doubt

I am in deals with selling my Sub. with another RolexForums partner but now after reading this I got a terrible doubt. He has more than 3000 posts but that does not give me any guarantee. I think I'm going to abort this transaction. Any opinion?. Happy Holidays to all.
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2017, 12:02 PM   #135
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventura View Post
I am in deals with selling my Sub. with another RolexForums partner but now after reading this I got a terrible doubt. He has more than 3000 posts but that does not give me any guarantee. I think I'm going to abort this transaction. Any opinion?. Happy Holidays to all.
3000 posts is a lot harder to get to than you think... especially if they are real posts and not just 2 word posts
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2017, 02:30 PM   #136
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
Meet at a police station if you’re really concerned.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2018, 11:55 PM   #137
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
3000 posts is a lot harder to get to than you think... especially if they are real posts and not just 2 word posts
a record of successful deals is worth more than post count

Someone could have 5000 posts, decide they don't want to post on TRF anymore, and then exit with a scam -- pocketing a few grand in cash on their way out
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2018, 02:37 AM   #138
Lime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, JLC, etc
Quote:
You may be scammed. Please watch out. Sometimes they post just to get the count up
Lime is offline   Reply With Quote