The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 December 2017, 10:58 AM   #61
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor North Flag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoconniption View Post
I just bid 15k on this. You guys are SURE it's fake, right? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Oyste...19.m1438.l2649
That watch is as fake as a three dollar bill.

Let's just hope for your sake that someone else with deeper pockets than you is as ill-informed as you.

Look closely at the blowup of the picture below on ebay and compare with any one of the myriad authentic Rolex watches on this site, or better yet, the Rolex site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fake Rolex.JPG (88.5 KB, 208 views)

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 10:59 AM   #62
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15223, 6305/2
Quote:
Why do you say 20-30 min? We've been reporting these for days.
I know a guy who knows a guy.

I've gotten about a dozen or so auctions removed today, including seven from one guy who was selling Cartiers with rhinestone-set bezels (!), and thirty minutes is usually the longest I have to wait . . .
eelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 11:28 AM   #63
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
That watch is as fake as a three dollar bill.

Let's just hope for your sake that someone else with deeper pockets than you is as ill-informed as you.

Look closely at the blowup of the picture below on ebay and compare with any one of the myriad authentic Rolex watches on this site, or better yet, the Rolex site.
I've bid 17k on three of them. I'm worried about doing all of them but I might. Otherwise someone is going to get robbed. Can't let that happen right under our noses.
Cryptoconniption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 11:38 AM   #64
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've bid 17k on three of them. I'm worried about doing all of them but I might. Otherwise someone is going to get robbed. Can't let that happen right under our noses.
I'd think you'd run a greater risk of getting dinged for shill bidding than of having to pay for anything.

I've just asked the seller for a guarantee of authenticity on the brown Sub, and when he declines, I will forward his response to eBay.
Old 17 December 2017, 11:48 AM   #65
GradyPhilpott

Quote:
So, there's no doubt in your mind that these are fake?

Old 17 December 2017, 11:50 AM   #66
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
I'd think you'd run a greater risk of getting dinged for shill bidding than of having to pay for anything.

I've just asked the seller for a guarantee of authenticity on the brown Sub, and when he declines, I will forward his response to eBay.
I'm not really worried about paying. Also, he writes in his listing that he can't guarantee the authenticity which in itself is not allowed on ebay so i can use that as my excuse.
Old 17 December 2017, 12:33 PM   #67
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm not really worried about paying. Also, he writes in his listing that he can't guarantee the authenticity which in itself is not allowed on ebay so i can use that as my excuse.
Yeah, you have no exposure, and I've now filed more than my share of reports.

In my response to his unwillingness to guarantee authenticity, I familiarized him with the concept of multiple felony fraud charges.

Now we'll see if he has the courage of his convictions . . .
Old 17 December 2017, 12:55 PM   #68
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

I've messaged this guy twice. Simply asking about authenticity. He does reply stating that he doesn't know. But then when I reply back that I am in watch repair and know 100% that these are fake....Silence.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 01:06 PM   #69
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
But then when I reply back that I am in watch repair and know 100% that these are fake....Silence.
Of course he knows they're moody. I sent him this: Wouldn't logic dictate that if you thought you had $40,000 worth of real Rolexes, you'd make an effort to authenticate?

I've seen a hundred of these guys. They're caught dead to rights, but they're not smart enough / too greedy to grasp they'll never see the money.

If he understood he'd get suspended, he'd take them down. Instead, he's got all his fingers and toes crossed, hoping he'll get across the finish line before the axe comes down.

I almost feel sorry for someone as stupid and greedy as he is.
Old 17 December 2017, 01:13 PM   #70
You
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum Daytona
Sad to see that these are still up.
You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 01:35 PM   #71
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Now he's playing for . . .

. . . sympathy.

He says he works 60 hours a week on three businesses supporting his wife and three kids. I told him I don't care about him, his family or his businesses, but I do care about the people bidding on his trash.

He says he's been as honest as he can be, but I informed him the statement, "Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing" negates any caveat he cooks up about authenticity.

I said, "I know the watches are fakes, you know they're fakes, eBay has received numerous reports on them, and I can guarantee you you'll never get one penny from those auctions.

What you will get is suspended, and possibly fined or incarcerated."

Sadly, he's an illiterate ("I have took one to a local pawn shop") idiot who only sees the bids on the auctions, but reality is coming his way . . .
Old 17 December 2017, 09:30 PM   #72
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

Ive bid $17k on each of the first three that are ending soonest - if anybody wants to overbid on the others that would be a relief. Don't bid on any with the high bidder U***M. That's me!

On one of the auctions there are over 100 watchers. I wonder how many of those people are watching in horror?

Ebay really dropped the ball on this one. 12 hours left to go before someone has a very bad Christmas surprise.
Old 17 December 2017, 10:26 PM   #73
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
eBay really dropped the ball on this one. 12 hours left to go before someone has a very bad Christmas surprise.
For reasons I cannot explain, eBay gets jammed on a deal like this about once a week.

Usually their report-takers understand the part about 'if he thought it was real, he'd authenticate' or 'zero feed-back seller who registered yesterday is offering a $30K Rolex for $800', but every once in a while, they suffer brain fade, and these sorts of things need to be settled in California instead of the sub-continent.

I have assured the seller that he will never see penny one from these auctions, but he's clinging to the hope that his lame 'I don't know it they're authentic' defense will let him keep the cash.

Even if someone were to pay him, eBay would cover their loses, and then he'd have to deal with eBay chasing him, which I'm pretty sure nobody would want.

I find the seller funny and sad in equal parts, and I marvel at how people can justify trying to steal from strangers in order to satisfy what little they have in the way of a conscience.
Old 17 December 2017, 10:38 PM   #74
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For reasons I cannot explain, eBay gets jammed on a deal like this about once a week.

Usually their report-takers understand the part about 'if he thought it was real, he'd authenticate' or 'zero feed-back seller who registered yesterday is offering a $30K Rolex for $800', but every once in a while, they suffer brain fade, and these sorts of things need to be settled in California instead of the sub-continent.

I have assured the seller that he will never see penny one from these auctions, but he's clinging to the hope that his lame 'I don't know it they're authentic' defense will let him keep the cash.

Even if someone were to pay him, eBay would cover their loses, and then he'd have to deal with eBay chasing him, which I'm pretty sure nobody would want.

I find the seller funny and sad in equal parts, and I marvel at how people can justify trying to steal from strangers in order to satisfy what little they have in the way of a conscience.
The worrying thing is that someone won't know they have a fake, or if and when they do, it might be too late to do anything about it.

You really have to wonder who is bidding on these things with the caveat the seller put in the description.
Old 17 December 2017, 10:53 PM   #75
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The worrying thing is that someone won't know they have a fake, or if and when they do, it might be too late to do anything about it.

You really have to wonder who is bidding on these things with the caveat the seller put in the description.
The seller is counting on bidders to look at his feed-back (based almost entirely on purchases in this case) and assume he's honest.

The bidders are blinded by the possibility that they could have found that one hidden nugget (aka: greed). Many, however, have never even heard of a replica Rolex.

eBay is complicit in not having an algorithm that picks out aberrations in selling patterns. When a seller who has been selling buttons for five years goes dark, and then comes back a year later with a raft of Rolexes, someone should be alerted.

And that is where the people on this board come in . . .
Old 17 December 2017, 10:59 PM   #76
Jackey tam
"TRF" Member

Watch: es, I like
Dear god do i feel sorry for the guy who gets any of these watches

Edit : reported this guy
Jackey tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2017, 01:53 AM   #77
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
The seller is counting on bidders to look at his feed-back (based almost entirely on purchases in this case) and assume he's honest.

The bidders are blinded by the possibility that they could have found that one hidden nugget (aka: greed). Many, however, have never even heard of a replica Rolex.

eBay is complicit in not having an algorithm that picks out aberrations in selling patterns. When a seller who has been selling buttons for five years goes dark, and then comes back a year later with a raft of Rolexes, someone should be alerted.

And that is where the people on this board come in . . .
If sold we can try to get annulled on Monday
A
Old 18 December 2017, 12:30 PM   #78
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Uhh these things are ending! Not one has been pulled. Insane.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 18 December 2017, 12:54 PM   #79
eelpie
"TRF" Member

I doubt anyone . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
Uhh these things are ending! Not one has been pulled. Insane.
. . . will get stitched up, but if they do, it's down to eBay.

If they're unable or unwilling to act on good information, they can deal with the fallout.

You can only do what you can do, and no more.
Old 18 December 2017, 01:38 PM   #80
Masteryacht
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622,BLNR,116500
I reported that bluesy TT submariner twice. eBay just sent me an email saying an item I’m interested in is ending soon. Yep, with a link to the fake sub that is now at $7200.
Masteryacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2017, 03:43 PM   #81
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
well they are still working because ive had 2 other fake rolexs removed... so it appears they are ignoring these..... ive reported them all twice
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Canook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2017, 04:18 PM   #82
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
even the oyster date that is real is misrepresented. i asked seller to show mobements. he devlined.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2017, 06:54 PM   #83
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
God I hope no one buys any of that rubbish. This guy is out to ruin people's Christmas. The Ottoman knife thing looks Vintage Chinamade circa last week.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2017, 11:41 PM   #84
jbarolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex
Reported..
jbarolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 01:19 AM   #85
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Wonder how this will eventually turn out. Scratching my head, because listings that we've reported less than 24 hours ago, especially on NON-US sides of ebay, were pulled extremely quickly.
Old 19 December 2017, 01:24 AM   #86
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Its mighty weired - more than you can understand
adam
Old 19 December 2017, 01:24 AM   #87
frankoman
Banned

Watch: 1968 1675
Maybe police are in on it wanting transactions to go through to have more of a concrete fraud charge - hoping this is case. That guy is slime.
frankoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 01:31 AM   #88
eelpie
"TRF" Member

San Jose will be opening soon and . . .

. . . they should take care of it pretty smartly.
Old 19 December 2017, 03:37 AM   #89
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

The explorer is still up.
I think the rest sold, hence dont show
Old 19 December 2017, 03:47 AM   #90
GradyPhilpott

I got an email yesterday reminding me that the auction on one of those POSes was ending in a few hours.

That's twice now that I've gotten one of those after having reported the piece.