The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 May 2018, 07:14 AM   #1
agp16
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rose Skydweller
Icon4 HELP! $35K nightmare w/ MB23 aka Michael Russo Rolex dealer

Upfront: I'm not a watch dealer/trader or an industry pro in any way. I truly wish I didn't have to spend time writing this post. I'm just a regular guy that loves nice timepieces, but trusted someone who went silent on me. This is not defamation or libel, because it is 100% true.

But since Michael Russo aka MB23 aka Mr. Time Inc has totally ghosted me (text, email, phone - nothing), I've got no choice.

Please respond with any experience you might have in solving this type of problem, ideally across state lines. He's in NYC and I'm in LA.

He knows who I am and I'm 100% willing to edit or delete this post immediately if he just makes it right. But I'm not going to lay down while someone steals a ton of money from my family.

Short Version:
I sent Mike Russo $35k for a Rolex Sky-Dweller chocolate face, which was to be a 70th bday gift for my dad. (Biggest/best gift I'd have ever given him, and with our history it would've made history). The watch never arrived. Now Mike is nowhere to be found & won't respond to any efforts to reach him. What am I supposed to do??

Backstory:
I found out about Michael Russo through a trusted friend. I've bought 5 watches from him over the last 3-4 years, and grew to trust him. He was always willing to text, answer questions, and I thought we had a good/fair relationship.

In November 2017, I paid Mike Russo MB23 for an amazing chocolate sky dweller rolex as a bday gift for my ailing dad. When it didn't arrive (and the tracking showed that it was still in NY), Michael Russo said that his wife gave it to FedEx but they didn't scan it, so it couldn't be tracked. Since FedEx (I'm told) didn't scan it, they technically didn't receive it so Michael Russo's insurance couldn't cover it either. He was very upset because he knew he was liable for the cost of the rolex.

I was extremely patient. I gave him time to try to work it out with FedEx. He assured me he was working on it, that he was calling them daily, that he was losing sleep over the missing watch. But the holidays came and went, and still there was no watch or attempt to even *start* paying down the debt.

At this point, Michael has stopped responding to any texts, phone calls or emails. I've spoken with legal counsel and am about to go down the civil route. But I don't want any of this. Do I file a police report? What are my legal/practical options in a situation like this??

Please let me know if you can either (1)Get in touch with Mike Michael Russo MB23 and persuade him to get in touch, (2)Connect me with some resources who can help expedite the resolution process, or (3)Provide me with some experience/guidance about how to handle a situation like this one.

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.56.28 PM.png (166.9 KB, 2036 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.56.59 PM.png (230.3 KB, 2045 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.57.29 PM.png (165.4 KB, 2025 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.57.53 PM.png (242.6 KB, 2033 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.58.12 PM.png (226.5 KB, 2036 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 2.10.51 PM.png (256.6 KB, 2031 views)
agp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 09:56 AM   #2
MinMay
Banned

Don’t waste time. Just take the legal route.

So much headache in selling and buying from both party.

Good luck.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 10:02 AM   #3
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
I agree with suing at this point. It’s a shame he is seemingly immature about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 11:46 AM   #4
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Definitely move forward with a lawsuit... Until it is scanned into the system, FedEx is not responsible and insurance will not kick in... same with USPS, UPS, etc...
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 11:56 AM   #5
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
he hasnt logged in here since dec 9th.

maybe someone in NYC can drop in and see what is up.

http://www.mrtimeinc.com/policy/

Terms & Conditions

All shipping is done with Fedex Overnight with full insurance.

it appears if true he owes you 35k.

however if you are in la and he is in ny why is customs involved per fedex?

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 12:12 PM   #6
MinMay
Banned

Yep, seller fault for not making sure FedEx scans it. Whenever I drop off a package, I want a RECEIPT to confirm that it's scan.
Old 4 May 2018, 12:15 PM   #7
Etschell
"TRF" Member

his site has a hulk for sale for 8,400. something seems off. why would he have that up for that cheap??

gmt 2 c for 6,800...

like it is frozen in time.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 4 May 2018, 12:21 PM   #8
Etschell
"TRF" Member

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrac...&cntry_code=us

its being tracked.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 4 May 2018, 12:38 PM   #9
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Look at the date of tracking December 2017. This looks bad. 35K bad.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 12:41 PM   #10
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Look at the date of tracking December 2017. This looks bad. 35K bad.
yes i know. its in the system but looks like it was never dropped off.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 4 May 2018, 01:09 PM   #11
MinMay
Banned

It is clearly seller's fault and responsibility to insure the watch. Also, the watch should be reported as stolen by the seller. The seller can run away from this, but a court date on his back is not going to be good. I hope your money is return in the end.

Keep us updated.
Old 4 May 2018, 01:13 PM   #12
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
It is clearly seller's fault and responsibility to insure the watch. Also, the watch should be reported as stolen by the seller. The seller can run away from this, but a court date on his back is not going to be good. I hope your money is return in the end.

Keep us updated.
Looks like the seller took the money and vanished.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 01:15 PM   #13
gbx
"TRF" Member

He obviously shit the bed on the chain of custody, so he owes you a full refund or the watch you paid for.

You need to contact a criminal attorney, the local police department to his address, and whatever else you can to bring this chump to justice.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 01:29 PM   #14
MinMay
Banned

OP, you should download/save his webpage via html, especially the policy page. Also, all texting, payment, discussion, etc.

His facebook was deleted...instagram private. The guy is running....terrible. I guess he is going to ruin his life for 35K....not the brightest move.
Old 4 May 2018, 01:58 PM   #15
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
This is too long to have let this go
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 02:12 PM   #16
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Same watch?
http://www.lionseek.com/watches/bran...-serial-d9574d
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 02:23 PM   #17
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

He seems to have a done a disappearing act on all his usual FS platforms. The last listing was from the middle of last year. Are you sure he even had the watch in Dec 2017?

Something is fishy and that seems to come through his texts. I think he created a label but never intended to ship the watch, if he even had it back then. He's just been giving you the runaround.
Old 4 May 2018, 02:27 PM   #18
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post

No - that item is not a chocolate dialed Sky Dweller. It clearly states sundust dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 02:28 PM   #19
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Really strange. With the outdated prices on the website and the private IG it looks like his whole business is shut down. It would be interesting if someone in NYC could stop by the address and see what’s there. Throwing everything away for 35k doesn’t seem logical. Maybe OP isn’t the only one and he took a bunch of peoples money and ran for the hills. Who knows. Hope it works out.
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 02:46 PM   #20
agp16
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rose Skydweller
Keep me coming! You guys are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx View Post
You need to contact a criminal attorney, the local police department to his address, and whatever else you can to bring this chump to justice.
I’ve now got an attorney reference in NYC and will make that contact tomorrow.

Not sure if an NYPD will help but I’ll make the call. It could be FBI since interstate &/or cyber.

I just could never imagine that anyone would burn so much future business over one watch. I’m originally an internet marketer (he knows this) & would never want to hurt anyone’s reputation. But I’ll contact every one of his connections and unless he changes his name or makes this right, it’s going to follow him around everywhere forever. It will cost SO much more than even just going on a payment plan to square it away over time (which I’d have been willing to do).

I’ll keep you guys posted for sure; really appreciate the advice so far and will take whatever other advice you guys have!

Do you guys think this was a setup? Doesn’t matter now but I couldn’t imagine b/c it seems so out-of-character for someone I’d done a lot of biz with in the past.
agp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 02:52 PM   #21
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by agp16 View Post

Not sure if an NYPD will help but I’ll make the call. It could be FBI since interstate &/or cyber.

I just could never imagine that anyone would burn so much future business over one watch. I’m originally an internet marketer (he knows this) & would never want to hurt anyone’s reputation. But I’ll contact every one of his connections and unless he changes his name or makes this right, it’s going to follow him around everywhere forever. It will cost SO much more than even just going on a payment plan to square it away over time (which I’d have been willing to do).

I’ll keep you guys posted for sure; really appreciate the advice so far and will take whatever other advice you guys have!

Do you guys think this was a setup? Doesn’t matter now but I couldn’t imagine b/c it seems so out-of-character for someone I’d done a lot of biz with in the past.
I highly doubt that he is throwing it all way over one watch. There is much more to this story that we don't know. Again I hope this works out for you and keep us posted.
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 03:08 PM   #22
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c41006 View Post
There is much more to this story that we don't know.
The lack of internet sales activity certainly points in that direction. Hopefully the local law enforcement authorities can get to the bottom of this situation. There doesn't appear to have been a pattern of this behavior in recent months.
Old 4 May 2018, 03:38 PM   #23
MinMay
Banned

Quote:

yes, he might planned it. I agree...his reputation and name is going to live forever on the internet. I hate to see good people getting scammed.

You might want to contact FedEx as well and tell them your situation.

I'm having second thoughts about buying another watch from private owners. :( . This hobby is supposed to be fun...not like this.

Anyhow, wish you the best of luck.

some additional address info:

https://www.manta.com/c/mb4sxhd/martime-inc
Old 4 May 2018, 06:26 PM   #24
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Michael Russo said that his wife gave it to FedEx but they didn't scan it, so it couldn't be tracked. Since FedEx (I'm told) didn't scan it, they technically didn't receive it so Michael Russo's insurance couldn't cover it either.
I'm confused. The text pic you posted shows the tracking number in "label created" status, and the tracking number now shows "in transit".
So, it would seem that the package was actually in FedEx's possession at some point. That would put the responsibility on their shoulders and/or the 3rd party insurance company if one was used.
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 08:56 PM   #25
fwong208
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cat Wall Clock
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
I'm confused. The text pic you posted shows the tracking number in "label created" status, and the tracking number now shows "in transit".
So, it would seem that the package was actually in FedEx's possession at some point. That would put the responsibility on their shoulders and/or the 3rd party insurance company if one was used.
I totally feel for you, but as a previous seller. I had an item go missing for weeks, while I stayed up scratching my head and harassing USPS. It finally arrived 2 to 3 weeks late. I stayed proactive in my outreach and was about to pay out of pocket to reimburse the loss even though USPS took receipt.

Concerning your situation, I find it odd as freefly stated, that the tracking shows in transit which means they scanned and took receipt of the package. I would try calling Fedex to clarify this point.

To the point of why someone would do this? I've been here long enough and have read enough horror stories to know people go through tough shit. Good dealers gone bad. Family issues and debt issues are generally the culprit I would say. His Instagram is private, which is odd. His non responsiveness indicates he is trying to vanish. If you needed to shake the trees, his Linked-in might be a good place to start.

In any event, I really hope you recover your loss. No one deserves to have their hard earned cash ripped in a bad deal this way. Pursue him legally. I suspect this should work out for you in the end.

Also, I notice you got this thread moved from Who's who. I suggest making a cross post but changing the title and body around to fit the format. This should improve exposure. I just hope the mods don't take it down and move it again.
fwong208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 09:26 PM   #26
dmash
"TRF" Member

How did you pay for this item, Paypal? Why didn't you simply file a claim and immediately get your money back? Confused....unless it was a bank wire.

Also, not to beat a dead horse as this is a horrible situation, but I would never wait five entire months before taking any action. If it's supposed to be overnight shipping and not rectified within a couple weeks, something is up.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 09:27 PM   #27
fwong208
"TRF" Member

He was logged on today at 5 am or so. So he is active in a sense. Probably reading this thread.
Old 4 May 2018, 09:42 PM   #28
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting point, however we don't even know what package was scanned. Could have been n empty box for all we know.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 10:04 PM   #29
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Quote:
you are absolutely right ..!.. i see that it is on the way too.. but allready since 14/th dec??
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 10:19 PM   #30
fwong208
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Interesting point, however we don't even know what package was scanned. Could have been n empty box for all we know.
Great point! However, so long as the box has been received, the insurance *May* be able to be claimed, provided no thresholds for timing have passed etc.

IF OP gets the package by some miracle, start a video unboxing it, making sure to show the label and most importantly, that the package is sealed properly before opening.