The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 September 2020, 02:27 AM   #1
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few
116519 White Gold OF - a few questions

... for those of you who have purchased re 116519 in white gold, could you pls share...

1) year that you purchased it
2) what country
3) wait time if via an Authorised Reseller
4) any regret post purchase?

I got one on order and will arrive in 5 months - and would love to know your options.

Thank you,

Alex
alex.cicollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 02:44 AM   #2
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Uk
Just under 2 months I think
Yes wish I bought it sooner. Became one my favs - absolutely love it.

I really really love the look and wearability of it. Still feels wg special but very relaxed look. Love the YG black dial champagne sub dials equally. You’ll love it
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 02:49 AM   #3
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.cicollo View Post
... for those of you who have purchased re 116519 in white gold, could you pls share...

1) year that you purchased it
2) what country
3) wait time if via an Authorised Reseller
4) any regret post purchase?

I got one on order and will arrive in 5 months - and would love to know your options.

Thank you,

Alex
Really don't quite understand why anyone would want this information. I guess trying to ascertain if the wait is reasonable or not but it might beeasier to just ask. Good luck with your incoming!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 02:51 AM   #4
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
Uk
Just under 2 months I think
Yes wish I bought it sooner. Became one my favs - absolutely love it.

I really really love the look and wearability of it. Still feels wg special but very relaxed look. Love the YG black dial champagne sub dials equally. You’ll love it

Thank you BP, that’s v helpful, my friend. Much appreciated. Do you find the OF limitation of being of fixed length a problem, or is the easy link enough to give you some wrist expansion flexibility?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 27 September 2020, 02:56 AM   #5
Eacast
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
2020. Got it from SOHAIS. Couldnt wait for the dealer not knowing when so went with gray market. REALLY HAPPY with the acquisition.. Beautiful watch.. Share the top position on my collection with my Speedy Silver Snoopy.
Eacast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 02:58 AM   #6
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eacast View Post
2020. Got it from SOHAIS. Couldnt wait for the dealer not knowing when so went with gray market. REALLY HAPPY with the acquisition.. Beautiful watch.. Share the top position on my collection with my Speedy Silver Snoopy.

Thank you so much.

Love the Snoopy (not an owner) and certainly one of my dream watches! Will wait for Omega to release it again one day!
Old 27 September 2020, 03:08 AM   #7
Escobardee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Really don't quite understand why anyone would want this information. I guess trying to ascertain if the wait is reasonable or not but it might beeasier to just ask. Good luck with your incoming!!!

I actually can understand it with all due respect .. it’s the excitement and feel of what might be coming on your wrist . Also to know and gain more knowledge from others and thier experiences.

Nothing ventured nothing gained -
Escobardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 03:16 AM   #8
Aberdein
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1982 GMT 16750Matt
1) Oct 2017
2) UK
3) 5 or 6 weeks from AD
4) Regrets, I have a few... but not with this watch. Loved it on first sight and still do. No1 in my collection. Oysterflex is very comfortable to wear.
You won't regret it either am sure.
Aberdein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 03:22 AM   #9
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdein View Post
1) Oct 2017
2) UK
3) 5 or 6 weeks from AD
4) Regrets, I have a few... but not with this watch. Loved it on first sight and still do. No1 in my collection. Oysterflex is very comfortable to wear.
You won't regret it either am sure.

Thank you! You had me going for a second on regrets!!

I’m glad that after so many years it’s still your number 1! Thank you for sharing.... much appreciated.
Old 27 September 2020, 03:23 AM   #10
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobardee View Post
I actually can understand it with all due respect .. it’s the excitement and feel of what might be coming on your wrist . Also to know and gain more knowledge from others and thier experiences.

Nothing ventured nothing gained -

Thank you, Escobardee.
Old 27 September 2020, 03:31 AM   #11
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
US - Alabama
2 months
No regrets

It’s a great piece imo. I will not sell it. The adjustment with oyster flex and ez link is not as good as glide lock. They should have a mini glide lock on every watch, like they just did on the 112266.

Fit honestly did take some getting used to, for me. The baffles on the underside of the straps are not as comfortable when it’s tight, so I have to wear it a tad loose. Never had that issue with Everest Bands, and I wish they had dispensed with the baffles and just put on a flat rubber strap. That did take some adjustment “with the strap pin position” inside the clasp.

I was able to get it with the old card and it has my sons name on it. It’s a keeper and hopefully he will someday enjoy it as much as I do.
Old 27 September 2020, 03:38 AM   #12
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you BP, that’s v helpful, my friend. Much appreciated. Do you find the OF limitation of being of fixed length a problem, or is the easy link enough to give you some wrist expansion flexibility?

Definitely enough room for expansion but I highly recommend you use the sizing guide and measure your wrist accurately to get an idea of what size you need. Just to minimise strap changes to preserve lugs.

Sadly Rolex OF still don’t have easy access cutouts for the lugs

Providing it’s not a hot day, size it snug or how you like it, ideally on the middle slot on the clasp. It doesn’t always work that way but I’d rather it be setup middle to largest on the clasp. That way I can use the easy link in summer and clasp micro adjustment in winter.

I have the micro adjustment tweezers. Clasp is 0.3mm easylink 0.5mm
Old 27 September 2020, 03:42 AM   #13
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeshot View Post

The adjustment with oyster flex and ez link is not as good as glide lock. They should have a mini glide lock on every watch, like they just did on the 112266.

Fit honestly did take some getting used to, for me. The baffles on the underside of the straps are not as comfortable when it’s tight, so I have to wear it a tad loose. Never had that issue with Everest Bands, and I wish they had dispensed with the baffles and just put on a flat rubber strap. That did take some adjustment “with the strap pin position” inside the clasp.

Thank you. I’ve only briefly tried the OF, not long enough to be able to love it or not. I do love the look of it. I’ll go ahead with the purchase and see how it feels after some time. Agree with you re the mini glidelock! Not sure if this Daytona allows for 3rd party straps, but I never really replace the original strap (or at least never have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeshot View Post

I was able to get it with the old card and it has my sons name on it. It’s a keeper and hopefully he will someday enjoy it as much as I do.
That’s wonderful, really happy for you both!! Hope you have many years of enjoyment!!

Old 27 September 2020, 03:45 AM   #14
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Definitely enough room for expansion but I highly recommend you use the sizing guide and measure your wrist accurately to get an idea of what size you need. Just to minimise strap changes to preserve lugs.

Sadly Rolex OF still don’t have easy access cutouts for the lugs

Providing it’s not a hot day, size it snug or how you like it, ideally on the middle slot on the clasp. It doesn’t always work that way but I’d rather it be setup middle to largest on the clasp. That way I can use the easy link in summer and clasp micro adjustment in winter.

I have the micro adjustment tweezers. Clasp is 0.3mm easylink 0.5mm

This is incredibly helpful, thank you!! I’ll prob buy the tweezers in advance of the watch being made available. Thank you again, very helpful indeed!!
Old 27 September 2020, 03:49 AM   #15
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is incredibly helpful, thank you!! I’ll prob buy the tweezers in advance of the watch being made available. Thank you again, very helpful indeed!!
You’re welcome. Hopefully you don’t have to wait the full 5 months.

I honestly didn’t expect to love it as much as I do. I was excited but it easily exceeded my expectations and I own other Daytona’s
Old 27 September 2020, 03:53 AM   #16
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You’re welcome. Hopefully you don’t have to wait the full 5 months.

I honestly didn’t expect to love it as much as I do. I was excited but it easily exceeded my expectations and I own other Daytona’s

Hopefully not, thank you!

I was very lucky to be able to buy a white SS DaytonaC from my AD 2 weeks ago, and it’s a watch I’ve been enamoured with for long.

I absolutely love it.... and I do know I’ll love the WG one as well, as they’re very different from each other but similar (an oxymoron I know) but that’s how I feel about it!

What other Daytonas have you got?

Again, thank you so much BP100!
Old 27 September 2020, 04:28 AM   #17
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

My experience in the UK for white gold Daytonas/Yachtmaster has been between two months and four months. But you get a factory-fresh sample from the factory in Geneva. Worth the wait.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 04:43 AM   #18
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Many thanks Peter!