The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 September 2020, 04:51 AM   #1
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

New Kermit Wait Time?

Hi gang,

I've been told by my AD rep that I'm top on his list for a new 41mm Kermit, but, I'm not even sure what that means. I've been shopping some lovely Omega offerings, but I can't really tell if I'm around the corner or not on another Sub.

Advice? Thoughts? Questions to ask?
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 04:53 AM   #2
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

For me was 22 days from September 1st
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 04:58 AM   #3
Adri4n.
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41, BB58 Blue
OP, it would be helpful to list which country or at least continent you’re on. Most of the early incoming were EU based and I don’t believe we’ve had any (or many) in North America
Adri4n. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 05:19 AM   #4
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

It's like wondering when will I win the lottery, I think it depends on your spending power, your AD, and your luck. So good luck!
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 05:19 AM   #5
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
If you are on top of the list, you should be able to get it within one week to three months.

The new Kermit should comes to your ADs at lease every month. Every time it comes in, it should take turn allocate to each SA. Whenever your SA get that allocation, you should be able to get it at that time.

After the announcement of the new releases on Sept. 1, Rolex should be able to start to distribute to the boutiques/ADs right away. Those watches were already built long before that.

Many people that went to the trunk show at their ADs went home with some new releases. I got two new Sub. (126610LN & 126610LV).
Benzsiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 05:23 AM   #6
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
If you are on top of the list, you should be able to get it within one week to three months.

The new Kermit should comes to your ADs at lease every month. Every time it comes in, it should take turn allocate to each SA. Whenever your SA get that allocation, you should be able to get it at that time.

After the announcement of the new releases on Sept. 1, Rolex should be able to start to distribute to the boutiques/ADs right away. Those watches were already built long before that.

Many people that went to the trunk show at their ADs went home with some new releases. I got two new Sub. (126610LN & 126610LV).
Yep - from what I understand each SA has opportunity at the new releases. Was talking to a contact at an AD where people are requesting all the new OPs, all the new subs (he said these are not flippers, just hardcore enthusiasts / collectors) and that he doesn't have enough to sell all to one person. One of the these people asking he said spent $700K there last year...
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:37 AM   #7
gccmd
"TRF" Member

I got a call for one from my AD earlier today. I don’t think these are going to be as hard to get as some of the other SS sport model releases from the past few years.
gccmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:54 AM   #8
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gccmd View Post
I got a call for one from my AD earlier today. I don’t think these are going to be as hard to get as some of the other SS sport model releases from the past few years.

Congrats in advance. May I ask if the reason you got the call was due to large previous purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:04 AM   #9
gccmd
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=boogiebot;10948035]Congrats in advance. May I ask if the reason you got the call was due to large previous purchases.

I have a had a good relationship with my AD for several years. I have only purchased Rolex watches from them (all SS).
gccmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:06 AM   #10
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Man I must be missing something. All this wait and demand for a green watch! Only with Rolex.
Old 27 September 2020, 07:10 AM   #11
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Its hard to say. I doubt ADs will receive one per month. On the green dial SS maybe two per year would be my guess.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:25 AM   #12
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Can't answer without more info
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:26 AM   #13
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
I got the call for my LV yesterday - will be arriving Wednesday. My sales person has been fantastic about getting me in-demand pieces in a reasonable amount of time, but I was truly shocked he was able to pull this one off this quickly. Definitely much shorter than my DaytonaC wait and quite a bit shorter than my BLRO wait.

I would assume that: 1) same black dial on LN and LV models and 2) monochromatic ceramic bezels should help with the output of the new SS subs. #1 can be said about the current BLRO/BLNR but I am guessing the two color ceramic bezel process might take longer for the GMTs. We are also talking about the Sub here -- I'd have to assume these models are the most produced for Rolex among the professional line (from a volume perspective).
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:31 AM   #14
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Where are you? How about that for starters?
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote