ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 August 2016, 02:10 PM   #1
duvals101
"TRF" Member

Watch: Can't decide
Icon20 5167 tropical green khaki strap

Hey all,

I know it has been a number of years since I posted, but I wanted to share a few pics of my new OEM green khaki rubber strap for my 5167 that I recently sourced.

A few first hand comments, as the 5167 is my daily wear (both in casual and formal work settings):

1) Although the green khaki color may not be well received for some, I absolutely love it. It's a welcoming addition and provides a nice, subtle change. I've tried other straps in the past (i.e. Nato, leather, etc), but could never really get used to exposed 5167 spring bars; something about it drew my eye away from the dial.

2) The subtle change in color from the embossed black dial to green khaki strap allows a very similar feeling with the stock 5167 black tropical strap. Personally, I've always had a hard time with the bracelet, not at all because of the comfort and weight, it had everything to do with the difficulty of transitioning my eye from the embossed dial to the bracelet. I do not have this feeling at all with the green khaki strap.

3) The green khaki tropical band is a more casual option. Not to say the 5167 with the black tropical band isn't casual, but the ability to dress up the green khaki, in my humble opinion will be difficult. I've worn my 5167 with the black rubber to black-tie only affairs, speaking engagement, etc., but, I believe, it would be difficult to do with the green khaki (all in my opinion of course).

I would love to hear your thoughts on the strap and do sincerely appreciate being a part of this wonderful community!

Best regards, David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5167 green khaki band 3.jpg (55.5 KB, 6546 views)
File Type: jpg 5167 green khaki band 2.jpg (57.5 KB, 6543 views)
File Type: jpg 5167 green khaki band 1.jpg (77.5 KB, 6609 views)
duvals101 is offline   Reply With Quote