The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 September 2020, 01:32 AM   #91
MrJKLFoams
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaJLC
NO! They can probably do a bundle purchase but not over MSRP since each rolex botique/AD has a rolex representative who monitored each timepieces sales.
MrJKLFoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 05:38 AM   #92
Socal81
Banned

For those naming Bhindi and those reading these comments I’d just like to say my experiences with Bhindi have ALWAYS been entirely professional, ethical, and an APPROPRIATE way to do business. Facts are always greater than fiction. No AD would last under these allegations if they were true. Rolex spends a TON of money, time and resource monitoring their partnerships.

Their is more likelihood of internet trolls and haters who are grossly exaggerating a situation or outright fabricating things because they were not willing to do their part with the AD and develop an appropriate two way relationship.

Trolls, stop hating And lying about Bhindi and do the right thing by making a relationship work both ways!
Socal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 05:49 AM   #93
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I doubt Rolex cares if Bhindi or any AD are selling over msrp as they don't seem to mind ADs selling over msrp out the back door to grey dealers as well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:05 AM   #94
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by McinRolex View Post
There is one AD I know sells above MSRP.

Basically what happened was I asked them if they have SS Daytona in stock and they said yes and willing to sell me MSRP + Current market premium (About $10,000) in cash.

They said I can pay however I like for the MSRP but the premium must be paid with cash.

Of course this AD is known for bundling junks to get you qualified for desirable piece.

I'm not going to say the AD name but they are in SoCal (Border of LA and Orange County).
Wow. Honestly very surprised to hear about this in the US - especially in a major county. Guessing that $10k premium isn't being accounted for anywhere on the books either!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:17 AM   #95
AAAAAlex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal81 View Post
For those naming Bhindi and those reading these comments I’d just like to say my experiences with Bhindi have ALWAYS been entirely professional, ethical, and an APPROPRIATE way to do business. Facts are always greater than fiction. No AD would last under these allegations if they were true. Rolex spends a TON of money, time and resource monitoring their partnerships.

Their is more likelihood of internet trolls and haters who are grossly exaggerating a situation or outright fabricating things because they were not willing to do their part with the AD and develop an appropriate two way relationship.

Trolls, stop hating And lying about Bhindi and do the right thing by making a relationship work both ways!
I wish my experience with Bhindi was like yours. I had a miserable time trying to get a BB58 from them. They took a 50% deposit for it, said it would take a few weeks. Every month or so I called them to check in. 6 months went by, I decided to drop in. As I was waiting for an associate, a friend of theirs walked in, gave an associate a super-cool handshake, and asked about buying a BB58. They dug one out for him and he was on his way. When I could expect my bb58 since they have had my deposit for half a year I just got blank stares. So, I asked for a refund but no one could seem to find a record of my deposit. They blamed it on being a weekend. I ended up calling a few times over the next two weeks and finally was able to get someone to confirm they would refund me... But the biggest sour note of it was when they miraculously had a bb58 for me the same day they confirmed I could have my deposit back.

I ended up just taking my refund and went to another infamous retailer, Tourneau, and told them my frustrating experience with Bhindi. They got me a bb58 within 2 weeks with no deposit.

Also, I would have rather my first post been something positive but I just thought I'd share my experience. Bhindi clearly has their favorites and I'm just not it.

Last edited by AAAAAlex; 27 September 2020 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: typo
AAAAAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:23 AM   #96
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I bought not one but two Daytona’s for over msrp in 2017. Same AD/boutique.

Yes it happens.

Interesting - any more details? How much did they sell them to you for over MSRP...?
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:35 AM   #97
McinRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Looks like a Bhindi owner or someone who are competitor to Ben Bridge or something.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...690462&page=11

Read the whole thread from the start to the end and there is a photo of Daytona , cropped, low resolution image wtih stickers on the bracelet (lug) and no single picture with a Daytona and the diamond.

Look, I posted my personal experience at your "favorite" and you don't have to believe what I say and call me a troll but there are multiple people who had the similar experience to mine at least.

Your last thread is full of bull crap not a single photo as many members requested for a simple proof.

Who's the troll now?
McinRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:38 AM   #98
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Unfortunately, I suspect Rolex values certain ADs highly while others will take the bullet to be made examples out of.

To think that Rolex hates the grey market is ludicrous. I have a 16710 that sat in a jewelers for over a year before it sold. Could you imagine a GMT today sitting for more than 10 minutes, if it was displayed?

Do I think Rolex condones all practices and does not care about market manipulation? No but they also aren't on a vendetta to end these practices, there are plenty of solutions to resolve this and they have chosen not to.

The hype train has people clamoring for their products. It used to be the Daytona that was difficult to acquire and had waitlists. It was a watch that would sell easily off store shelves. Now even a Milgauss will not stay displayed for long.

I remember several years ago seeing a Batman, Hulk, Submariner, Milgauss, Explorer II, Explorer, Black GMT, Yachtmaster, Yachtmaster II all on display at the same time. You think Rolex doesn't love the fact that they can now sell almost all those models above as if it was the Daytona of old? It is a well oiled machine of managing supply and printing money now.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:48 AM   #99
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Diamonds are a girls best friend!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=690462
epicurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:53 AM   #100
Socal81
Banned

Too many trolls now alleging I don’t own watches from prior old posts, totally taken out of context too.

I know what I own and that’s all that matters. In your allegations of one particular AD asking u for X amount of cash on top of purchase is an entirely different thing and not believable.
Socal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:53 AM   #101
AAAAAlex
"TRF" Member

double post, sorry about that

Last edited by AAAAAlex; 27 September 2020 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: double posting - sorry
AAAAAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:54 AM   #102
zoenatenich
"TRF" Member

Quote:

+1
I am client of Bhindi and my experience with them has been very professional too. I didn't have a purchase history when I inquired for a submariner date, and the SA took my info and produced one in 2 weeks in January of this year. Every visit that I make, sales agents are very professional and have never offered me watches over MSRP, or even bundling pieces. I have met the son's owner, had a chat about my Rolex interests, and he is very genuine and down to earth.

Just as Socal81 mentioned, they wouldn't last this long if they have been doing such unethical practices.

It is unfortunate for some that they didn't have a good experience when they first visit.
zoenatenich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:58 AM   #103
McinRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Too many trolls now alleging I don’t own watches from prior old posts, totally taken out of context too.

I know what I own and that’s all that matters. In your allegations of one particular AD asking u for X amount of cash on top of purchase is an entirely different thing and not believable.
What happened to the keeping the watch forever?

McinRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:16 AM   #104
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think you have a 300 post thread about nonsense. You either returned the diamonds and kept the watch, returned the diamonds and sold the watch, or kept both. Either way... nobody really cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:20 AM   #105
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Not clear which AD is which

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=766490

Are the Hulk AD in this thread and the Daytona/diamonds AD in that closed thread the same?
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:26 AM   #106
Journeyforce
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116000
In the USA they can sell them for whatever they want. MSRP simply means Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (accent on suggested), If somebody wants to come into an AD and pay 30% or 60% over MSRP for a Rolex watch then there is no problem with that. Car dealers do this all the time with hot cars. In the 1980's if you wanted a Dodge Caravan/Plymouth Voyager, then you were paying money over MSRP (even before all the taxes and fees) . If you balked at that then the dealer would just sell it to another that was willing to pay the price.

The USA Government (or local governments) are not going to step in as it is not a crucial. You can go other places and buy other watches and cars. However if folks are price gouging on needed things in an emergency like Covid or a devastating natural disaster then folks step in and put a stop to it. Or if a person steps into buy a patent for a medicine then jacks the price up on it, (such as that Pharmabro idiot) then they will step in. They might not be able to simply stop the price jack or seize it from these folks, but they will find something else just a serious to get them on and that will be that.

Now if a AD is charging you extra over MSRP and insisting on cash for the increase part and your receipt only has the MSRP and taxes for that then that is fraud and the feds, state and local governments will step in as they are attempting to conceal money.
Journeyforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:48 AM   #107
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
Direct Answer: No.
Direct Question: Why not?

You think Dodge didn't get over sticker for the Demon for example? Low production/High demand vehicle.
Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 11:44 AM   #108
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Interesting - any more details? How much did they sell them to you for over MSRP...?

North America paid roughly 15k each. Receipt said special order. Described by owner of AD as a client of his who was a whale but wanted something else. Essentially pitched as a secondhand purchase. Was a complete fabrication of course the card was made out in my name and both were fully stickered upon delivery.
Old 27 September 2020, 11:46 AM   #109
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
North America paid roughly 15k each. Receipt said special order. Described by owner of AD as a client of his who was a whale but wanted something else. Essentially pitched as a secondhand purchase. Was a complete fabrication of course the card was made out in my name and both were fully stickered upon delivery.

Got it, thanks for sharing!
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote