The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 12 August 2020, 01:40 AM   #4021
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshCashEmAll View Post
Me too but I’m tempted to dump fsly for I’m worried where it’s new bottom will be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess, based on a combo of company value and market trend, would be in the 65-75 range as the bottom for now. But, breaking below 70 could potentially create a lot more bumps to the downside I think. I’m happy with the current price, but I’m on the sidelines right now waiting for a bit of stability before deciding whether to add or not as there are a few cloud/new tech stocks on my watch list that I’m debating between. Nonetheless, long term you should be fine in FSLY regardless of whether you add in the 60s, 70s, 80s etc.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 01:42 AM   #4022
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do..._share_twitter

Value rotation is a head fake according to JPM

Not sure I agree, tech valuations are really stretched here, I am happy to move some into value and pickup dividends and wait for the business cycle to turn in the next 12-18 months
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 02:16 AM   #4023
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Been in Jackson Hole for the past 4 days and will be in Vegas for the next 5, so not as entrenched as usual but I have been buying the dip here in tech (TDOC, PINS, FB, etc.).

FSLY continues to be undervalued here IMO. The selloff and doom and gloom over TikTok is a bit overplayed; if you're looking long-term, these are great prices to be had.

Good to see some rotation into cyclicals, as my LEAPS (Jan 2022 expiration) have been on the move up.

Will be more engaged once the Vegas trip is through!
Old 12 August 2020, 02:19 AM   #4024
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do..._share_twitter

Value rotation is a head fake according to JPM

Not sure I agree, tech valuations are really stretched here, I am happy to move some into value and pickup dividends and wait for the business cycle to turn in the next 12-18 months
I couldn’t say as a market analyst, but as a doctor and scientist I do not believe we are in the clear from COVID-19. Based on that, I do not believe a return to business as usual and true economic recovery is possible in the short term, and that there could be more pain this fall. So I sold some of my value positions today into strength as I’m not sure this rotation will stick.
Old 12 August 2020, 02:20 AM   #4025
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
I couldn’t say as a market analyst, but as a doctor and scientist I do not believe we are in the clear from COVID-19. Based on that, I do not believe a return to business as usual and true economic recovery is possible in the short term, and that there could be more pain this fall. So I sold some of my value positions today into strength as I’m not sure this rotation will stick.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 12 August 2020, 02:27 AM   #4026
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Quote:

I don’t think it will stick either, especially as schools open. But it’ll stay around until the next round of bad news. I set some stops accordingly but plan to ride the wave a bit longer.

JWD531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 04:06 AM   #4027
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Adding to ABBV here, valuation is just too compelling to pass up

https://seekingalpha.com/article/436...er-opportunity

Took profits in AMD and CLX, I am out of both names
Old 12 August 2020, 04:43 AM   #4028
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Fastly
https://simplywall.st/stocks/us/soft...cutive-summary
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 05:23 AM   #4029
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Did I miss something in the news? Why suddenly in the red today? Cfb postponement?

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 05:26 AM   #4030
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
Did I miss something in the news? Why suddenly in the red today? Cfb postponement?

My guess would be that the vaccine news really was not news or even a vaccine and that this market is really tired, overbought and too narrow in tech which has been down now for the last 4 days.

We need to consolidate here or even go lower, summer trading is always thin and this is fairly normal for an August session.

Protect your gains, I raised cash today and have been sitting with higher than average cash for me since early July.
Old 12 August 2020, 05:28 AM   #4031
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Nice one. I need to free up some cash and add some of that.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 07:28 AM   #4032
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/11/tesl...ock-split.html

Apparently it's stock split season - first AAPL, now TSLA.

Tech companies had been getting away from this but now it seems to be back in vogue.
Old 12 August 2020, 08:43 AM   #4033
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/11/tesl...ock-split.html

Apparently it's stock split season - first AAPL, now TSLA.

Tech companies had been getting away from this but now it seems to be back in vogue.

AAPL split was a bit more at the behest of the Dow. I’m guessing TSLA is making the strategic move to be more attractive to the S&P 500 so the weighting doesn’t sway the overall performance too much.

It’s a bold strategy, let’s see if it pays off for ‘em.

Old 12 August 2020, 09:18 AM   #4034
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD531 View Post
AAPL split was a bit more at the behest of the Dow. I’m guessing TSLA is making the strategic move to be more attractive to the S&P 500 so the weighting doesn’t sway the overall performance too much.

It’s a bold strategy, let’s see if it pays off for ‘em.

That would be too purposeful for Elon. I think his strategy is more so he can sell $TSLA shirts saying something to the effect of “TSLA trading at 300 where it belongs” to spite the bears.
Old 12 August 2020, 11:13 AM   #4035
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That would be too purposeful for Elon. I think his strategy is more so he can sell $TSLA shirts saying something to the effect of “TSLA trading at 300 where it belongs” to spite the bears.

Haha, touché!

Old 12 August 2020, 05:15 PM   #4036
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
You heard it here first.

If police all over the US are being defunded, find a good few security companies that you believe it.

It is inevitable that they will sky rocket. I haven’t found what I’ll buy yet, but I’ll advise when I do.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 09:11 PM   #4037
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
You heard it here first.

If police all over the US are being defunded, find a good few security companies that you believe it.

It is inevitable that they will sky rocket. I haven’t found what I’ll buy yet, but I’ll advise when I do.

Makes sense to me. Gun stocks as well.

austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 09:19 PM   #4038
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Makes sense to me. stocks as well.

Please lets not get this thread closed
Old 12 August 2020, 09:27 PM   #4039
beshannon
"TRF" Member

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...dnesday-081220

Futures higher after the sell off late yesterday.

CSCO reports after the close, the TSLA 5-1 split is interesting even though splits create no new value.

Keep watching the Transports for clues to any recovery, the materials as well as cyclical value stocks if the tech rotation continues.
Old 12 August 2020, 09:48 PM   #4040
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please lets not get this thread closed

My bad. Sorry B.

austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 10:15 PM   #4041
McGooberstein
Banned

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:

Also adding a small position of ABBV to my dividend portfolio, that dividend is juicy at the moment and they are still slightly beaten down. Thanks for the heads up.
McGooberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 10:20 PM   #4042
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGooberstein View Post
Also adding a small position of ABBV to my dividend portfolio, that dividend is juicy at the moment and they are still slightly beaten down. Thanks for the heads up.
My pleasure, the forward P/E of 6.6 for 2022 earnings is absurdly low. EPS projections at the high at $14 per share!

5.1% yield but too many people are worried about the debt after the Allergan acquisition.

I am staying long with a core position and I added more yesterday and will add more if it drops below my cost basis
Old 12 August 2020, 10:37 PM   #4043
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Finally some inflation

https://seekingalpha.com/news/360455...e-rises-to-1_6
Old 13 August 2020, 02:36 AM   #4044
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Recovery stocks in play again today, HD price target raised to 306, TGT is at an all time high JPM placed them on their analyst focus list, FDX and UPS both still moving higher
Old 13 August 2020, 03:05 AM   #4045
McGooberstein
Banned

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Recovery stocks in play again today, HD price target raised to 306, TGT is at an all time high JPM placed them on their analyst focus list, FDX and UPS both still moving higher
I was looking to add HD or LOW at some point but it looks like that might never happen given their trajectory... Earnings for both are August 18 and 19, respectively, maybe there will be an opportunity to get in then but my assumption is that earnings will be pretty strong as more people spend time at home and work on home improvement projects.

Actually looking at the numbers more closely HD seems like its overbought whereas LOW is within reason of buying.

HD:
P/E: 27
Forward P/E: 24
PEG: 5.85 (mega yikes)

LOW:
P/E:~26
Forward P/E:~20.5
PEG: ~1.3

Any thoughts?
McGooberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 03:08 AM   #4046
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was looking to add HD or LOW at some point but it looks like that might never happen given their trajectory... Earnings for both are August 18 and 19, respectively, maybe there will be an opportunity to get in then but my assumption is that earnings will be pretty strong as more people spend time at home and work on home improvement projects.

Actually looking at the numbers more closely HD seems like its overbought whereas LOW is within reason of buying.

HD:

LOW:

Any thoughts?

HD historically outperforms Lowes so I would lean towards them long term, but I would probably wait for a discount/pullback.

Old 13 August 2020, 03:17 AM   #4047
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:

HD:

LOW:

Any thoughts?
HD is without a doubt the leader in the space. I am long HD and it is one of my core holdings. Since they are the best, their stock commands the premium price.

The yield is greater with HD and if I were wanting to get in, I would wait for a pullback. Some feel that LOW has greater upside but I would stick with HD
Old 13 August 2020, 03:32 AM   #4048
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

HD:

LOW:

Any thoughts?
HD only goes up. Would add there on any transient pullback.
Old 13 August 2020, 03:41 AM   #4049
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Kinda reminds me of BUD and TAP to an extent.

Quote:

HD:

LOW:

Any thoughts?
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 04:15 AM   #4050
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Big turn around in tech at 2 pm, markets moving higher in thin volume, AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, AMD, QCOM, NVDA all up nicely