The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 24 February 2017, 04:53 AM   #121
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPPP View Post
I think the huge servicing cost is a major turn off. Some shared as much as 20% of the cost of the new watch. So if you get a pre-owned that needs to be serviced, pls factor the cost of it.
I'm sorry but this is utter nonsense. I think this is the most incompetent comment I have ever read on the AP forum.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 05:02 AM   #122
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancekofb View Post
i'm sorry but this is utter nonsense. I think this is the most incompetent comment i have ever read on the ap forum.

+1.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 08:49 AM   #123
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0c021 View Post
15300 is definitely going for a bit more than 10k at the moment. DavidSW has a white dial listed at 14k. Isn't the standard service for 3120 movement around 1k? Which is less than 10% of MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I meant £10k in GBP which used to be around $14K.

Service I've heard is around £6-800 so similar, and not 20% at all.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 10:12 AM   #124
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Some totally ill-informed comments on here. A shame.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 02:08 PM   #125
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
This is nonsense.

Unfortunately, the AP sub forum has lately become infested with people who readily offer their opinion irrespective of whether said opinion bears any relationship to reality.
Sour grapes or negative advertising....
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 06:20 PM   #126
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
This is nonsense.

Unfortunately, the AP sub forum has lately become infested with people who readily offer their opinion irrespective of whether said opinion bears any relationship to reality.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 08:41 PM   #127
LPPP
"TRF" Member

Apologies if I annoyed anyone here. I would refer servicing cost as the amount to pay to restore the watch into brand new condition. New parts not counted unless the watch has been misused, dropped or visibly damaged.

I did some research before committing to my purchase of my watches in this segment and these are some links that I found.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/am...ad-795379.html

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2289163

No intention to misinform. Perhaps 20% is too high as I have lost touch with current AP retail prices.

But servicing cost may be a consideration for someone who looks at pre-owned watches, hence possibly affecting the resale this brand - to answer the OP question.

I would be happy to hear comments from AP owners to correct my misconceptions if any.
LPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 09:44 PM   #128
LPPP
"TRF" Member

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/ap...p-1081990.html

I am also puzzled about the need to replace costly stainless steel bezels in addition to the silver screws. Watches without bezels don't need the cases to be replaced for decades.

I suppose paying for all these reaffirms the position of a luxury item.
LPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 01:57 AM   #129
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:
Apologies if I annoyed anyone here. I would refer servicing cost as the amount to pay to restore the watch into brand new condition. New parts not counted unless the watch has been misused, dropped or visibly damaged.

I did some research before committing to my purchase of my watches in this segment and these are some links that I found.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/am...ad-795379.html
Perhaps you should read the entire thread. The quote in that thread was via an AD and was extremely dubious, as documented by others in the thread who provided him with actual prices of the services from AP itself.

Seems dubious as well. Here is a very helpful suggestion: try looking on AP's site. Here is their current price list:
https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/se...rvices-prices/

They list a complete refinishing costing 300 CHF, $298 USD at current exchange rates. Complete maintenance on Royal Oak models is listed as:
Royal Oak
Quartz // 500.-
Selfwinding // 900.-
Extra-thin // 1'100.-
Chronograph // 1'350.-
QP (chrono, QP, EOT) // 1'600.-

So to service and completely refinish a 15400 would come in at $1200. This is about $4-500 more than servicing a three-hand Rolex. If watch has been too long between servicing and has worn internal components, damaged case, etc., expect prices to rise accordingly, as with any watch brand discussed in these forums.

Quote:
No intention to misinform. Perhaps 20% is too high as I have lost touch with current AP retail prices.

But servicing cost may be a consideration for someone who looks at pre-owned watches, hence possibly affecting the resale this brand - to answer the OP question.

I would be happy to hear comments from AP owners to correct my misconceptions if any.
Your posts appear to be cherry-picked examples of most egregious outliers which are not accurate representations per actual servicing costs as provided by AP, so consider your "misconceptions" corrected.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 07:03 AM   #130
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post
Perhaps you should read the entire thread. The quote in that thread was via an AD and was extremely dubious, as documented by others in the thread who provided him with actual prices of the services from AP itself.

Seems dubious as well. Here is a very helpful suggestion: try looking on AP's site. Here is their current price list:

They list a complete refinishing costing 300 CHF, $298 USD at current exchange rates. Complete maintenance on Royal Oak models is listed as:

Royal Oak

Quartz // 500.-

Selfwinding // 900.-

Extra-thin // 1'100.-

Chronograph // 1'350.-

So to service and completely refinish a 15400 would come in at $1200. This is about $4-500 more than servicing a three-hand Rolex. If watch has been too long between servicing and has worn internal components, damaged case, etc., expect prices to rise accordingly, as with any watch brand discussed in these forums.

Your posts appear to be cherry-picked examples of most egregious outliers which are not accurate representations per actual servicing costs as provided by AP, so consider your "misconceptions" corrected.

You're doing god's work. I am way too lazy to do this. Thank you.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2017, 01:46 AM   #131
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post

Royal Oak
Quartz // 500.-
Selfwinding // 900.-
Extra-thin // 1'100.-
Chronograph // 1'350.-

BY GAWD! improviz just laid the smackdown on LPPP!

Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote