The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 29 November 2023, 02:31 AM   #1
Ave7is
"TRF" Member

Cartier Santos Medium or Large Measurement (Can someone with a Santos please help)

I mentioned this in another thread but just wanted to have its own maybe someone can see it. Can someone with a Medium or Large Cartier Santos help me out please. It says Medium measures 35mm. Large says 40mm. For the Santos Dumont XL it says 33.7mm. Yet the Santos Dumont appears larger than a Medium Santos and closer to Large. So I'm wondering do they measure the Santos with the crown guards on? And what would then be the actual case width without on a Medium or on a Large.
Thank you in advance.
Ave7is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 02:55 AM   #2
soldes
"TRF" Member

My wrist measures 7.1 inches, and the large Santos fits me perfect. The numbers, 35 and 40 mm, pertain to the watch horizontal presence on your wrist, not the vertical measurement. As many others has stated before, nothing beats trying on the watch you aspire to purchase; it will clear up all if not most of the fit questions you may have.
Hope this helps
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 02:58 AM   #3
Ave7is
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldes View Post
My wrist measures 7.1 inches, and the large Santos fits me perfect. The numbers, 35 and 40 mm, pertain to the watch horizontal presence on your wrist, not the vertical measurement. As many others has stated before, nothing beats trying on the watch you aspire to purchase; it will clear up all if not most of the fit questions you may have.
Hope this helps
I already did yesterday. The Dumont XL seemed a little smaller. I'm just now curious about the measurement and why the Dumont XL is measured 6mm smaller than Santos L on the case across, when they're so similar in size. Maybe 1-2 mm smaller but not 6mm. Just out of curiosity now wanted someone to measure their Santos to see if their measurement includes crown guards (which would then make sense)
Old 29 November 2023, 03:38 AM   #4
Loosetoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave7is View Post
I already did yesterday. The Dumont XL seemed a little smaller. I'm just now curious about the measurement and why the Dumont XL is measured 6mm smaller than Santos L on the case across, when they're so similar in size. Maybe 1-2 mm smaller but not 6mm. Just out of curiosity now wanted someone to measure their Santos to see if their measurement includes crown guards (which would then make sense)
Yes, Cartier measures the Santos de Cartier with crown guards.
Loosetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 03:40 AM   #5
Ave7is
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosetoe View Post
Yes, Cartier measures the Santos de Cartier with crown guards.
Thanks for answering me and measuring.