The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 March 2017, 02:13 PM   #1
amirdoust
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
New Rolex but with old warranty card?!

Hello everyone. I just joined this site because I wasn't able to find the answer to my question online. I had received a brand new Date Just watch as a gift but the warranty card (old style) was blank. I went to my local AD (the name of AD is printed on my warranty card) and they filled it out to Mar 1,2017 and replaced the brown rolex tag wih a green one and told me the warranty is now 5 years.
Here is my question:
Should I have requested a new style swipe card? Or am I good to go with the old style warranty card and recent date + green tag?
Thanks a million!
amirdoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2017, 02:16 PM   #2
helson
"TRF" Member

The best thing would be calling Rolex service center and asking them for a straight answer.
helson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2017, 02:41 PM   #3
blue16613
Banned

If you purchased your watch, new, from an AD on March 1st as recorded on your warranty, it makes no difference it is an old style card. You have a five year Rolex warranty.

If you made the purchase from some other source than an AD and the local AD just obliged you by filling out the card for you, who knows what you've got........???????
blue16613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2017, 02:58 PM   #4
amirdoust
"TRF" Member

It was purchased as a gift about 2 years ago but it was completely new (all stickers etc) when I took it to have fitted for me at the AD whos name was on the card. In other words the AD knew it hadn't bern worn before. Try told me that it is now with 5 year warranty. Should they have also given me the new style card?
Old 5 March 2017, 03:05 PM   #5
blue16613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirdoust View Post
It was purchased as a gift about 2 years ago but it was completely new (all stickers etc) when I took it to have fitted for me at the AD whos name was on the card. In other words the AD knew it hadn't bern worn before. Try told me that it is now with 5 year warranty. Should they have also given me the new style card?
You have not answered the key question about the sale.
The ADs name on the card is not the issue.

Or, perhaps your not answering provided the answer........
Old 5 March 2017, 03:08 PM   #6
amirdoust
"TRF" Member

It was purchased before March 1st (around 2 years ago) as a gift until I graduated (my dad bought it from that very AD)
Old 5 March 2017, 03:12 PM   #7
blue16613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirdoust View Post
It was purchased before March 1st (around 2 years ago) as a gift until I graduated (my dad bought it from that very AD)
If your Dad purchased it from that AD, new, then you have whatever warranty was in place at the time of the sale.
It was probably purchased before the five year warranty was put into effect but may have been purchased in the window of time that provides an additional year. There are several references on the web, here's one of them:
http://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-5-...ice-intervals/
Old 6 March 2017, 01:42 AM   #8
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
hi op. as your watch was unworn for two years perhaps at the time of purchase your dad made some arrangement with the ad regarding when the warranty would start.
Old 6 March 2017, 01:45 AM   #9
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

I have a feeling the warranty you have is 5 year warranty from the AD not from Rolex. If your father purchased the watch 2 years ago, it would have the old style warranty card. And the Rolex warranty from the point of purchase was 2 years. Your AD probably just added the 5 year warranty from their own store as good faith, hoping you will purchase from them in the future.

And no you can't just replace the old style warranty card with the new one. That's why the warranty card is very important, if you lose it, that's it, Rolex doesn't provide replacement warranty card. Only card you could get after the fact, is when you send your watch in for service and RSC gives you a card that says the service date on it.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote