The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 November 2021, 02:23 PM   #1
apinault
Banned

Chronext misrepresentation??

I could be wrong but I believe this is a misrepresentation on the Chronext website. States 2021 DateJust 41, but in the pictures of the product, no coronet between “Swiss” and “Made”?

https://www.chronext.com/rolex/datejust/126300/V10623
apinault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 02:44 PM   #2
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
Chronext misrepresentation??

I do not think it is a "full" misrepresentation. There is a transitional batch of DJ 41's made between 2016-2018 where the dial is of the old style but the movement is the newer caliber.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfdvPKDB...dium=copy_link https://www.instagram.com/p/B7RD9VKo...dium=copy_link

Old 30 November 2021, 02:49 PM   #3
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
When a listing such as this appears it is difficult to determine what the watch really is and difficult to determine why the seller doesn't give more information. The watch could be new but with no crown on the dial, it must be new old stock. But they don't list it as new old stock. If it's new old stock, it seems it would have the old warranty card with space for owners signature. But that there is no picture of the warranty card on the advert, so I can't say what card the watch has. The advert says it comes with 2 year chronext warranty and not the balance of a Rolex warranty. I don't know how they could repair your Rolex watch under warranty if they don't have access to Rolex parts so I can't say who would be repairing the watch if it needed warranty service. But to answer your question regarding the missing crown, the watch was introduced without the crown on the dial and then the dials were placed on those watches in subsequent years hence me referring to the watch as "new old stock."
Old 30 November 2021, 04:02 PM   #4
mquarter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5-digit steel
They might have just made a mistake on the listing. They're dealing with a lot of volume, it happens.
mquarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 12:03 AM   #5
apinault
Banned

But they listed it as a 2021, that’s a big mistake. A 2021 would have a coronet indicating a new movement. It’s just concerning as I was just getting my head around going grey for my second Rolex, however, a mistake like that really casts the entire grey market in doubt.
Old 1 December 2021, 12:14 AM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apinault View Post
But they listed it as a 2021, that’s a big mistake. A 2021 would have a coronet indicating a new movement. It’s just concerning as I was just getting my head around going grey for my second Rolex, however, a mistake like that really casts the entire grey market in doubt.
Not all will have the tiny coronet on the dial even if said made in around 2019- 2021,and quiet a few Rolex models had the new 32 series movement but no small crown bottom of the dial. Plus the fact you could never tell when any Rolex watch was made even with the old serials only approx date between X&Y years, now with random only when it was sold. And dials are made in 3 different factories now all owned by Rolex so these tiny font changes could be different factory to factory.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 01:36 AM   #7
apinault
Banned

Interesting I thought all in 2021 would have the new movement and coronet. I guess I’ll just wait for AD. Better than grey and being mislead (intentionally or unintentionally).
Old 1 December 2021, 02:26 AM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apinault View Post
Interesting I thought all in 2021 would have the new movement and coronet. I guess I’ll just wait for AD. Better than grey and being mislead (intentionally or unintentionally).
Could have been bought in 2021 this dont mean when watch was made as with the newer random serials only Rolex knows exactly when it was made.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote