The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 August 2021, 02:33 PM   #31
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
No problem with that at all, I just find it funny that some people here seem to believe they can just peek around at the store regularly without spending anything and expect it will help them get their watches faster. The jeweller also said quite clearly in one of his videos that he feels more confident allocating a hard to get piece if the customer spent the amount of profit he could make on the sale on items in his shop like jewellery or hard to move pieces. If that's not textbook 'relationship' building where both parties have to scratch each other back, I don't know what is.

Ah right, I clearly misread the intent of your post.

There is a strong undercurrent of hatred of such sensible business practices here because it works against their interests, which is usually little more than a mixture of entitlement and hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2021, 02:40 PM   #32
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

not gonna tik or tok. I've deleted instagram & twitter and I would say the net effect is akin to flushing a toilet.

Next project is cutting the cord.
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2021, 05:56 PM   #33
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Uh-oh…

Family run jewelers who haven’t appeared to update their store to current Rolex standards
(or even close to it) probably shouldn’t make any waves with Rolex at all. These are the doors Rolex is actively closing across the US in favor of multi-store chains. Perhaps being the only Rolex dealer in Providence will keep them around, but there are powerful Rolex business partners in Mass that would fill that void effortlessly.

Acting “disappointed” when a Tudor arrives isn’t doing them any favors either.

I really don’t know why individuals need to do this sort of thing. The Rolex marketing campaigns clearly work. He gets more Rolex business than he can remotely handle….not worth the risk to sell a few more diamonds here or there…idk
‘Uh-oh…’ ?? Who actually starts their written sentences like that? What are you, 12?

No wonder Rolex has a grip on people like yourself and certain others on the forum. Absolutely submissive behaviour, which evidently, they love.

At least this guy is coming up with something refreshing in what is an extremely dull landscape for watch purchasing.
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2021, 08:33 PM   #34
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura!, View Post
‘Uh-oh…’ ?? Who actually starts their written sentences like that? What are you, 12?

No wonder Rolex has a grip on people like yourself and certain others on the forum. Absolutely submissive behaviour, which evidently, they love.

At least this guy is coming up with something refreshing in what is an extremely dull landscape for watch purchasing.

Rolex has embarked on a new marketing, brand presentation and distribution strategy.

This strategy works against small retailers like the one in the video.

He is pointing out that the ADs actions on Tik Tok might get them in trouble with their economic lifeline.

Why does that upset you so much that you have to attack in such personal fashion?

teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2021, 09:16 PM   #35
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
Rolex has embarked on a new marketing, brand presentation and distribution strategy.

This strategy works against small retailers like the one in the video.

He is pointing out that the ADs actions on Tik Tok might get them in trouble with their economic lifeline.

Why does that upset you so much that you have to attack in such personal fashion?

Yes. I grasp the point he was making, but thanks for the clarity.

Trust me, I’m not upset by any means, and that’s not an attack. I say what I see and I thought his post was cringey.
Old 26 August 2021, 02:55 AM   #36
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
The main thing that I took from his videos is how real this shortage of Rolex for sale at AD truly is. IMO he is a very humble man and giving us a inside look at his day as an AD. In his latest posting he says that he encourages people to come in rather than calling to build relationships with his clients and eliminate the Grey deals that we all are complaining about. I’ve never met him, or stopped into his store, BUT if I was in his area I’d definitely stop by and if something caught my eye outside of the empty Rolex cases I would have no problem purchasing from his store.
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 03:47 AM   #37
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Honestly his videos are way more informative than “my ad said” posts. You can tell this guy is a straight shooter, plus the fact he’s not working for a major chain. He’s probably seeing first hand the reality of supply constraints and being honest about relationship building and what it actually looks like.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 05:10 AM   #38
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjweld View Post
On the contrary in every post he states that you should go in and speak with them, tell them why you want it. Go back multiple times to visit them, I haven’t seen one with him to buy diamonds.
He encourages people to buy jewelry in order to have a better chance at getting a watch. He's a jeweler, that's what they do, they sell jewelry. That's what they mean by "come visit us and build a relationship". https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269521...cf8c14c761.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269549...754fed53bd.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269574...lationship.mp4
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 05:45 AM   #39
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
[QUOTE=alphadweller;11663114]He encourages people to buy jewelry in order to have a better chance at getting a watch. He's a jeweler, that's what they do, they sell jewelry. That's what they mean by "come visit us and build a relationship". https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269521...cf8c14c761.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269549...754fed53bd.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269574...lationship.mp4[/QUOTE
Idk why I am still engaging in this conversation, but the purpose of my post was to show a (IMO) professional “regular” type of AD that is giving a daily insight into what (they) go through on a daily basis. I’ve read countless “My AD said”, “My frat brother who is a regional said” “ my sisters, boyfriends aunts neighbor that has a friend that used to go to Basel said” and always chuckled. This guy is actually giving us a behind the scenes look. Of course they are in business to sell, and let me give you a little insight social media is a huge influence in sales….. I think he’s doing a great job of using his platform for daily information. I’ve seen the “Vlad the Jewler” posts and his gaudy way of selling is his preference, mrgreensub has his style.

I remember a few years back (maybe still here) we had a member that worked at an AD and gave us frequent Q&A’s about the state of nations with Rolex.
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 05:49 AM   #40
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

[QUOTE=Fjweld;11663171]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
He encourages people to buy jewelry in order to have a better chance at getting a watch. He's a jeweler, that's what they do, they sell jewelry. That's what they mean by "come visit us and build a relationship". https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269521...cf8c14c761.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269549...754fed53bd.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61269574...lationship.mp4[/QUOTE
Idk why I am still engaging in this conversation, but the purpose of my post was to show a (IMO) professional “regular” type of AD that is giving a daily insight into what (they) go through on a daily basis. I’ve read countless “My AD said”, “My frat brother who is a regional said” “ my sisters, boyfriends aunts neighbor that has a friend that used to go to Basel said” and always chuckled. This guy is actually giving us a behind the scenes look. Of course they are in business to sell, and let me give you a little insight social media is a huge influence in sales….. I think he’s doing a great job of using his platform for daily information. I’ve seen the “Vlad the Jewler” posts and his gaudy way of selling is his preference, mrgreensub has his style.

I remember a few years back (maybe still here) we had a member that worked at an AD and gave us frequent Q&A’s about the state of nations with Rolex.
FWIW, I took your post for the purpose in which it was posted.
Old 26 August 2021, 06:07 AM   #41
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
'relationship' building where both parties have to scratch each other back
Sounds to me a whole lot more like sucking then scratching.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 06:12 AM   #42
subprimeking
"TRF" Member

Cool thread ! I like this guy !
subprimeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 08:01 AM   #43
jtorrebl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
Honestly his videos are way more informative than “my ad said” posts. You can tell this guy is a straight shooter, plus the fact he’s not working for a major chain. He’s probably seeing first hand the reality of supply constraints and being honest about relationship building and what it actually looks like.
I just watched is this videos during my vacation only took like 25 min. He said supply is NOT low. Just increased demand. Damn. Our chances are diminished. I’m trying to get a WG Daytona OF. And my AD won’t take a deposit. I just picked up an ordered DD40 YG got my dad last week too! I ordered it at the end of January. She and her manager know what I want thought. we’ll see!
jtorrebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 08:09 AM   #44
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Originally Posted by subprimeking View Post
Cool thread ! I like this guy !
I agree!
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 08:24 AM   #45
Snerks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
He encourages people to buy jewelry in order to have a better chance at getting a watch. He's a jeweler, that's what they do, they sell jewelry. That's what they mean by "come visit us and build a relationship".
This. The "relationship" path to getting 100% discounts on rolexes (retail), is to spend money elsewhere. It doesn't matter how nice you are, or whether you're WIS, or flipping, or been on the wait list for years, or going to visit his store. All that matters is whether you are going to give him business on less desirable stuff or jewelry.
Snerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 08:27 AM   #46
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

“in Daytona beach Florida, they reached the land speed record of 300 mph in 1935, and the Daytona watch by Rolex was there to record it”… ok, that’s news to me. Always thought the Daytona came out in the 70ies, go figure. Also I believe that land speed record was the blue bird in the Bonneville salt flats…

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 10:11 AM   #47
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
These are the strangest of times we are living in.

Isn't that the truth...
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 12:59 PM   #48
DoctorsOrders
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by casadecamporolex View Post
Once RolexUSA sees it, I’ll bet we won’t.
I guarantee corporate will shut this down ASAP
DoctorsOrders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 01:54 PM   #49
zewill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorsOrders View Post
I guarantee corporate will shut this down ASAP
I guess why work on producing watches or identifying ADs that play grey games when you can spend time chasing family run businesses if they don’t upgrade, elaborate a multi decade marketing strategy to milk your customers and watch tik toks ?
zewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 01:58 PM   #50
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Sorry, but I don’t really want to provide a path for the CCP to spy on me.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 11:11 PM   #51
Watchesnguitars
"TRF" Member

Very insightful, hope the guy doesn't get in trouble.. I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing... He's keeping the obvious stuff and information private.. He's providing as much information as any of our AD's do when we go in.. Crazy times out there!
Watchesnguitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 12:47 AM   #52
DonCorleone
Banned

Looks like the videos are now Locked. Maybe rolex is taking away his AD status?
DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 12:57 AM   #53
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

Didn’t take long for Rolex to find him. All videos have been deleted except for one saying they are “reviewing content” to make sure the information they provide is accurate.
joegusmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 01:01 AM   #54
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Looks like the videos are now Locked. Maybe rolex is taking away his AD status?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegusmano View Post
Didn’t take long for Rolex to find him. All videos have been deleted except for one saying they are “reviewing content” to make sure the information they provide is accurate.
Big brother is watching.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 01:17 AM   #55
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Tic Tok AD shooting straight

It’s the watch industry. A retail store. First world problems.

Yet, it’s more like a dictator-led regime.

Sad state of affairs.
Old 27 August 2021, 01:22 AM   #56
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if flippers reported his videos and that’s why they got shut down. No proof Rolex had anything to do with this. This seems like a very knowledgeable guy and I’m sure Rolex brings a lot of business to this family run store. He wouldn’t be doing the videos if he knew it would end up getting his AD status revoked.
Old 27 August 2021, 02:23 AM   #57
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
Wouldn’t be surprised if flippers reported his videos and that’s why they got shut down. No proof Rolex had anything to do with this. This seems like a very knowledgeable guy and I’m sure Rolex brings a lot of business to this family run store. He wouldn’t be doing the videos if he knew it would end up getting his AD status revoked.
Surely you aren't naive enough to think TikTok would delete someone's videos because a bunch of butthurt watch dealers report them. They only remove offensive and harmful content.

Anyone who follows him already able to see if the videos are removed or if he just went to private mode?
whiskyrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 03:21 AM   #58
shakeb0x
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjweld View Post
For anyone interested in staright forward answers to questions regarding inventory, accessibility etc of Rolex pieces I encourage you to follow @mrgreensub on Tic Tok. He is an AD in Providence RI (providence diamond) and this guy is great! Has daily updates of when the Fed Ex driver comes in, what they received, how disappointed he is some days on the lack of deliveries and overall the real state of affairs that a real AD goes through everyday. According to him he feels that it is not a production issue but it is the demand for the product. He has said he receives 40-50 calls a day for a Rolex. Check him out!
Thank you for sharing this. I actually enjoyed the videos. I hope it doesn't get shutdown like other have suggested.
Old 27 August 2021, 03:38 AM   #59
RazorD
"TRF" Member

I only learned about this account a few days ago, but this is my AD. In my experience, they are among the absolute best. I’ve purchased watches for years in all markets (personal collection only, not a flipper), but I settled on this store as my favorite now. They don’t pressure and are very honest with everyone that walks in the door. I think the intention behind the page was to be helpful given the growing popularity of the brand and help answer questions for people not fortunate enough to have a trusted nearby AD.
RazorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 03:56 AM   #60
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskyrolex View Post
Surely you aren't naive enough to think TikTok would delete someone's videos because a bunch of butthurt watch dealers report them. They only remove offensive and harmful content.

Anyone who follows him already able to see if the videos are removed or if he just went to private mode?
They take down videos that refute anti-vaccine videos but allow people to spew fake news about covid and the vaccine all the time. Don’t think you should be defending TikTok’s practices in that regard. Many people get reported for the sole fact that people mass report videos, which leads to a pause. I was just speculating about that possibility.