The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 June 2018, 12:14 AM   #31
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
yeah i think the CE PC is about the lowest price point watch we will see a full ceramic bracelet. Its not going below that only above, i would bet on it.
Yeah below the PC you have the time/date, Chrono and openworked which I would think if they were going to give one the full Ce treatment it would house a tourbillion movement of said complication or OW, so straight away into the 150k plus region.

However I would love to see a Ce ROC on rubber strap launch but doubt it will happen.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 06:33 AM   #32
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Yeah below the PC you have the time/date, Chrono and openworked which I would think if they were going to give one the full Ce treatment it would house a tourbillion movement of said complication or OW, so straight away into the 150k plus region.

However I would love to see a Ce ROC on rubber strap launch but doubt it will happen.
Tyler, Sam, could you elaborate a little further on this thinking? Is it that you think AP will only be able to produce a very limited number of ceramic watches in aggregate, thus driving the above decisions?
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 07:22 AM   #33
SC11
Banned

NYC Boutique Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
Tyler, Sam, could you elaborate a little further on this thinking? Is it that you think AP will only be able to produce a very limited number of ceramic watches in aggregate, thus driving the above decisions?

Not entirely sure! I have been told by a couple of sources (not within AP) that’s the ceramic work is manufactured by a third party and finished by AP.

I however do know some very high up VIP clients in the UK and US haven’t been able to get a PC Ce so I do believe there is some form of physical production restriction be it Ce supply, time to finish/assemble or just because they have held the ceiling in production numbers to 40,000 and no more production slots available.

Also be aware it was released at SIHH 2017 so over a year ago yet in Submarino’s recent visit post they have 5 still in production.

See his picture here
Old 25 June 2018, 07:55 AM   #34
whiterabbit66
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO,
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobberboy View Post
Not specifically but I don't think it's too bad. Black was the most popular next to the blue.
When I bought my silver last month in Miami, black and ruthenium were also in stock.
whiterabbit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 09:53 AM   #35
slayers
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202st 116610ln
Do you think they will raise prices like Patek did on the Nautilus for the 15400 and/or 15202?

I know the market can get irrational at times but for one of their "bread and butter" pieces like the 15202 there's definitely a high likelihood of a price increase right?
slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 02:17 PM   #36
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayers View Post
Do you think they will raise prices like Patek did on the Nautilus for the 15400 and/or 15202?

I know the market can get irrational at times but for one of their "bread and butter" pieces like the 15202 there's definitely a high likelihood of a price increase right?
Who knows with AP. Pricing strategy has never been their strong point.

Sometimes they raise it and then sometimes they lower it
Old 25 June 2018, 02:20 PM   #37
kuota_kalibur
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
This does make a lot of sense, the 15202ST has been impossible to find for a good while now...I've never seen one in person (in a boutique or AD) anywhere around London or Europe but the market price is nowhere near as high as the Nautilus SS.

Curiously though, I have seen a good few SS Nautili out and about in the wild. One on a Ryanair flight even. Never seen a jumbo though, or indeed AP in general.

How much is the premium now for 15202 bnew and also used? Thank you.
kuota_kalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 08:37 PM   #38
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I disagree they are all manipulating the supply and keeping demand high!
No it's chicken and egg, and in Rolex and PP's case demand came first and now supply changes really make no difference in this tidal wave which is now self-sustaining. AP have seen their residuals rise and discounts disappear and they want in and so are using supply to get their demand up and it is slowly working.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 08:43 PM   #39
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayers View Post

I don't think demand is high enough for this to work and still keep it seemingly exclusive, PP could do this because their resales are at 70, 80% and rising so a 10-20% price rise is easily absorbed without affecting the market balance. Once resales get to 50% generally then this becomes sustainable.
Old 25 June 2018, 08:48 PM   #40
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuota_kalibur View Post
Watchfinder have it at around a 30% premium. Probably less in other countries like US.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Audemar...kaAnhBEALw_wcB
Old 25 June 2018, 09:17 PM   #41
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuota_kalibur View Post
I sold my 1 year old example recently in a private sale for a 25% premium over US MSRP.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 10:01 PM   #42
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Watchfinder have it at around a 30% premium. Probably less in other countries like US.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Audemar...kaAnhBEALw_wcB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
I sold my 1 year old example recently in a private sale for a 25% premium over US MSRP.
Not very good premium but AP has increased the price of 15202 recently I recall?

Seems the best premium for AP watches currently is the 15407ST Openworks. I saw lots of listing in chrono24.
Old 25 June 2018, 10:37 PM   #43
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Not very good premium but AP has increased the price of 15202 recently I recall?

Seems the best premium for AP watches currently is the 15407ST Openworks. I saw lots of listing in chrono24.
15202 MSRP has remained the same if I'm not mistaken.

The premium for them is nowhere near that for PP Nautilus/Aquanaut models. The 15400s are still trading close to MSRP and even the premium on the blue 15400 isn't significant.

It's almost like a feedback loop - the premium on APs are less, less people are waiting on the list as it's not as lucrative as PP, whereas the lists for PPs keep getting worse as the premiums have been on the increase for the last little while, but seem to have hit a valley for the time being.
Old 25 June 2018, 10:38 PM   #44
SC11
Banned

Quote:

I was quite surprised it’s at a higher premium then the 26579ce currently, but the PC does have a wider spread of prices from £100,000-£115,000 (couple at £130k but majority 100-115)
Old 25 June 2018, 11:00 PM   #45
benlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was quite surprised it’s at a higher premium then the 26579ce currently, but the PC does have a wider spread of prices from £100,000-£115,000 (couple at £130k but majority 100-115)
Sam, have you tried to request a ceramic perpetual? That will make a great pair with your openworks.
Old 25 June 2018, 11:17 PM   #46
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
15202 MSRP has remained the same if I'm not mistaken.

The premium for them is nowhere near that for PP Nautilus/Aquanaut models. The 15400s are still trading close to MSRP and even the premium on the blue 15400 isn't significant.

It's almost like a feedback loop - the premium on APs are less, less people are waiting on the list as it's not as lucrative as PP, whereas the lists for PPs keep getting worse as the premiums have been on the increase for the last little while, but seem to have hit a valley for the time being.
Guess that's exactly what the concept of veblen goods is..
Rachdanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 12:43 AM   #47
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

What’s funny is to me at least the lower demand of AP and subsequent ability to source most of their lineup from a boutique is quite refreshing in contrast to the PP and Rolex market. Coupled with a superior service experience in the US anyways and you have a compelling case for the consumer to regain the reigns.
Old 26 June 2018, 03:48 AM   #48
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Sam, have you tried to request a ceramic perpetual? That will make a great pair with your openworks.
Passed on it as I prefer the Openworked
Old 26 June 2018, 04:05 AM   #49
benlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hope they release the openworks in full ceramic. That will be a killer. Quite sure one is in the works. Fingers crossed.
Old 26 June 2018, 04:08 AM   #50
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Stuntin on cats.
Old 26 June 2018, 04:08 AM   #51
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Very good business... maybe you deserve all the luck you've had recently.
Old 26 June 2018, 04:17 AM   #52
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Stuntin on cats.

Ben I was having you on, no such offer but to be honest though I’d rather the Openworked then the Ce PC, a Ce openwork would be cool but feel the case to movement contrast which I love with the SS would be lost! I would also imagine it would be the tourbillion openworked Cal:2924 as found in the 26518ST/OR opposed to the Cal:3132, for exclusivity and they have also assigned the 3132 to two other models.

My ideal would be a Ce ROC with similar dial colours to the Ce PC but I’d be happy with it on a rubber strap or full Ce bracelet.
Old 26 June 2018, 04:31 AM   #53
benlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Ben I was having you on, no such offer but to be honest though I’d rather the Openworked then the Ce PC, a Ce openwork would be cool but feel the case to movement contrast which I love with the SS would be lost! I would also imagine it would be the tourbillion openworked Cal:2924 as found in the 26518ST/OR opposed to the Cal:3132, for exclusivity and they have also assigned the 3132 to two other models.

My ideal would be a Ce ROC with similar dial colours to the Ce PC but I’d be happy with it on a rubber strap or full Ce bracelet.
I can guess so. But I won't be surprised if you were offered as well. If the come out with ceramic case/bracelet for the openworks, they can probably use a different finishing on the skeletonized movement like what they did for the 37mm releases, a more brighter finishing that can contrast better with the black ceramic case.

Actually I also prefer the openworks over the CE PC. But I do have a dilemma if it is excessive to get the 15407ST as I already have the 15305OR. I haven't worn it for a long while. Will take it out and then see how it feels. It's basically the same watch sans the golden bridge and different metal.

Btw, I don't understand that cartoon... What is it supposed to mean?
Old 26 June 2018, 04:47 AM   #54
SC11
Banned

I’m a cool cat and showing off

All is possible I’m just more inclined to feel most of what we’ll see in ceramic is going to be your PC’s and up!

Adding to my Ce ROC wish list would also be a Pt/Ti PC with the cool grey/blue dial combination of the 26331IP
Old 26 June 2018, 07:18 AM   #55
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Very good business... maybe you deserve all the luck you've had recently.
I said no to a 15202IP allocation... I now look at the secondary prices and that probably explains the divine intervention on my 5712 and 5990!