The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 June 2018, 01:42 PM   #31
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjo View Post
I was in the Paris salon last year and basically ignored. I already own the 5712. I asked about the 5711 and the salesman laughed and walked away. Kinda rude, but this has been my experience in Paris. On the other hand, I was contemplating a Rolex Day/Date in Platinum and they bent over backwards to help.
Asking for a 5711/1A at a Patek Salon/AD is like asking for a SS Daytona at a Rolex AD, LOL!

Wearing a 5712 to a Patek Salon is like wearing a SS Sub to a Rolex AD. It gets you in the door and they acknowlege you are interested in their brand. But the Salons cater to so many high-end clients, the rest of us are looked at like just another "tourist" passing through. If you want to get their attention, talk to them about split second chronos, Celestials and minute repeaters and that will peak their interest.

Asking for a Platinum DD at a Rolex AD is like asking for a perpetual calendar or a PCC at a Patek AD. They are higher priced watches with larger profit margins that are not in high demand.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 08:16 AM   #32
Enigma54
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelorpepsi View Post
Feel free to send me a PM if you need more addresses and/or help for Paris. Very happy to help you!

Charvet is probably the nicest (bespoke) shirt-maker I have ever come across. Prices have massively increased over the past fifteen years, but the quality is absolutely stellar even years after the initial purchase.
I’ll be visiting Paris soon...out of curiosity, how much is a shirt there and how long does it take to make?
Enigma54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 04:00 PM   #33
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Last I heard it was €500+ for one shirt with no minimum order. It’ll probably take several weeks at least for your first shirt with one fitting.

The ties and pocket squares are something else. There’s no way I could ever visit Paris again and not buy a tie or PS from Charvet.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2018, 11:56 PM   #34
TravelFun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
for non watch shopping at place vendome, i’d recommend charvet for men’s clothing accessories. That shop is amazing.
+1
TravelFun is offline   Reply With Quote