The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 September 2015, 01:30 PM   #1
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, daaaaa...
Stop this one !!!

ROLEX MEN's WATCH SWISS MOVEMENT OYSTER PERPETUAL *NEVER WORN* SILVER
( 221866709235 )
on eBay now!
I have done my best to stop this nonsense!!!! I sent him a photo' of his junker, complain till blue reported 2 times to eBay, The bidders look very iffy and he is threatening buyers directly in his auction, he asked for comments so please give it to him ,,,,Quick before someone gets burned BAD!
please let me know how this works for you..
I WANT 10,000. loyal ROLEX LOVERS TO LIGHT UP THE NIGHT (SEND HIM HIS REQUESTED MESSAGE)
cptnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 01:51 PM   #2
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

**09/02/15...new information, details and history!!!***

to noboby's surprise, i am once and for all, declaring this a replica rolex. I rescued this watch from a box that was destined for the dump. A friend had purchased a house, and i helped him clean it out of all its contents and garbage. The watch was in a box containing personal items, photos etc, of a deceased gentleman whom i had met casually several times at the pub. I phoned an old drinking buddy of the late owner, and asked if he had heard anything about this rolex in conversation. He said he had never heard of it, and knowing the man, would guess it was a fake. This has become a bit of a circus, with individuals accusing me of breaking e-bay policy by listing this watch. I never meant to mis-lead anybody. My original item description is simple and to-the-point. "poor mans bling". The words in my title are all from the name of the watch. The last word, silver, is the color. I took it to a local experienced jeweller yesterday, who quickly told me it was not a genuine rolex. He did not touch it, want to touch it, want to open it. I have never opened it, nor do i want to. I guarantee all my thousands of listed items on e-bay 100%. This watch is no exception. I will personally contact the buyer prior to shipping, and ensure that they know what they are getting before paying. I do not want to ever see this watch again after i ship it. I will not tolerate somebody who thinks that they have the right to open up the watch, and then decide whether they want it. Don't waste my time. Wrong person!!! Many thanks for viewing my auctions. Have a great day
Old 5 September 2015, 02:52 PM   #3
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Post a link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 September 2015, 05:16 PM   #4
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

link to ebay

ROLEX MENS WATCH SWISS MOVEMENT OYSTER PERPETUAL *NEVER WORN* SILVER eBay item number:221866709235, seller dinger-14

This is the worst watch in the world. After bringing it to his attention he posted a message on the item that is unbelievable, he challenges anyone not liking his item to report him, all in cap's, asking for you to message him about it... check it out, then the bidders list is way sketchy 13-feedback,12,70 all way low and it's very spooky seeing this action, check out the seller photo... wow i would post a different picture,, very sketchy
Old 5 September 2015, 08:03 PM   #5
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Reported this is the link
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/221866709235

Old 5 September 2015, 08:22 PM   #6
cab56
"TRF" Member

Watch: many!
reported
cab56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2015, 11:54 PM   #7
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Reported.

Repeat offender. That watch was listed before and this time, a number of imbecile bids.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 02:16 AM   #8
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
Reported this is the link
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/221866709235

David, where's the item number so I can look it up using my ebay app? There doesn't appear to be a report link on the mobile link you posted. This thing is really really really ugly.
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 04:30 AM   #9
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

Thank you all and keep up the good watch. I really hate to be like this but its a small win in a large battle,, It's a little personal I also sinned against Rolex. I bought a $225 basket of parts which after being put together should be called frankin watch 99% Rolex, but I don't think it's all one model, My new one was factory fresh, new car smell.
also I have a mainplate,#51307 is the only # on it. Rolex patient on the front???
any ideas on what it is. If I can figure out how to post a photo I will.
Old 6 September 2015, 04:46 AM   #10
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AKA: ANDERL712000
Wow what a junker reported

Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex founder
AbsolutelyROLEX! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 04:53 AM   #11
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

Icon20 this ZOMBIE will not go away

It's still there, and the guy is still intent on selling. I believe he's made it personal against me for reporting him and bringing it to his attention. He's trying the best he can to get some bucks...... He has to feed his kid's!!!
I bought the same watch at Sally Ann's for$3 , battery was $5.. perfect for the 5yr old.
REPORTING HIM IS NOT WORKING , MESSAGE HIS ITEM... MESSAGE HIS ITEM... MESSAGE HIS ITEM...FLOOD HIS EBAY.
Old 6 September 2015, 05:04 AM   #12
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Reported.

Repeat offender. That watch was listed before and this time, a number of imbecile bids.
Even imbeciles are worth helping. Standing by while an imbecile is burning is not cool and lighting a cig off them while they burn is iffy.
Old 6 September 2015, 05:46 AM   #13
johankoke
"TRF" Member

Just bid 10k on it and don't pay. Waste his time, every time, until he gives up :) that's what I do. LOL
johankoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 08:35 AM   #14
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnbob View Post
Thank you all and keep up the good watch. I really hate to be like this but its a small win in a large battle,, It's a little personal I also sinned against Rolex. I bought a $225 basket of parts which after being put together should be called frankin watch 99% Rolex, but I don't think it's all one model, My new one was factory fresh, new car smell.
also I have a mainplate,#51307 is the only # on it. Rolex patient on the front???
any ideas on what it is. If I can figure out how to post a photo I will.
Thanks for the info, it's definitely a R. 1520 that second wheel spring kept throwing me off. Now if I can find that elusive 1520 rotor assembly,
Old 6 September 2015, 08:39 AM   #15
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterp27 View Post
David, where's the item number so I can look it up using my ebay app? There doesn't appear to be a report link on the mobile link you posted. This thing is really really really ugly.

On the bottom of the mobile page the is a link to the classic site

Old 6 September 2015, 11:05 AM   #16
graphicsdump
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601 TT Datejust
Wow, what a mental case!! Reported.

On 03-Sep-15 at 01:09:29 EDT, seller added the following information:
***09/02/15...NEW INFORMATION, DETAILS AND HISTORY!!!***
TO NOBOBY'S SURPRISE, I AM ONCE AND FOR ALL, DECLARING THIS A REPLICA ROLEX. I RESCUED THIS WATCH FROM A BOX THAT WAS DESTINED FOR THE DUMP. A FRIEND HAD PURCHASED A HOUSE, AND I HELPED HIM CLEAN IT OUT OF ALL ITS CONTENTS AND GARBAGE. THE WATCH WAS IN A BOX CONTAINING PERSONAL ITEMS, PHOTOS ETC, OF A DECEASED GENTLEMAN WHOM I HAD MET CASUALLY SEVERAL TIMES AT THE PUB. I PHONED AN OLD DRINKING BUDDY OF THE LATE OWNER, AND ASKED IF HE HAD HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ROLEX IN CONVERSATION. HE SAID HE HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT, AND KNOWING THE MAN, WOULD GUESS IT WAS A FAKE. THIS HAS BECOME A BIT OF A CIRCUS, WITH INDIVIDUALS ACCUSING ME OF BREAKING E-BAY POLICY BY LISTING THIS WATCH. I NEVER MEANT TO MIS-LEAD ANYBODY. MY ORIGINAL ITEM DESCRIPTION IS SIMPLE AND TO-THE-POINT. "POOR MANS BLING". THE WORDS IN MY TITLE ARE ALL FROM THE NAME OF THE WATCH. THE LAST WORD, SILVER, IS THE COLOR. I TOOK IT TO A LOCAL EXPERIENCED JEWELLER YESTERDAY, WHO QUICKLY TOLD ME IT WAS NOT A GENUINE ROLEX. HE DID NOT TOUCH IT, WANT TO TOUCH IT, WANT TO OPEN IT. I HAVE NEVER OPENED IT, NOR DO I WANT TO. I GUARANTEE ALL MY THOUSANDS OF LISTED ITEMS ON E-BAY 100%. THIS WATCH IS NO EXCEPTION. I WILL PERSONALLY CONTACT THE BUYER PRIOR TO SHIPPING, AND ENSURE THAT THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GETTING BEFORE PAYING. I DO NOT WANT TO EVER SEE THIS WATCH AGAIN AFTER I SHIP IT. I WILL NOT TOLERATE SOMEBODY WHO THINKS THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO OPEN UP THE WATCH, AND THEN DECIDE WHETHER THEY WANT IT. DON'T WASTE MY TIME. WRONG PERSON!!! MANY THANKS FOR VIEWING MY AUCTIONS. HAVE A GREAT DAY
graphicsdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 12:33 PM   #17
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
On the bottom of the mobile page the is a link to the classic site

Formsome reason thismold iPad I'm looking at things on doesn't have that link. No worries, I read over the part where he listed the item number it's all good. Watch is awful though.. Just putrid
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 12:50 PM   #18
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Reported with some comments to Ebay.

Hope this terminates it once and for all.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 02:09 PM   #19
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterp27 View Post
Formsome reason thismold iPad I'm looking at things on doesn't have that link. No worries, I read over the part where he listed the item number it's all good. Watch is awful though.. Just putrid

Are you opening to the app ?

You can set your iPad to open up mobile site not app

Old 6 September 2015, 05:14 PM   #20
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

I believe a bunch of messages to him personally would have the most impression, I personally am at about 75 to him and 70 were very civil ..... but their is about 5 I sent I wouldn't tell my pastor about
Old 6 September 2015, 10:06 PM   #21
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

Ok! gloves off now, I'm going the fake bidders route. Nobody in their right mind would bid 100's of $$$ for this watch... Soooooo, $20 bucks says some poor guy walks into Ebay office to go to work on monday morning, sits down, turns on his computer, and he gets about 100 hair raising complaints first thing and spills his starbucks all over his desk trying to get into action... That is.... IF YOU KEY BOARD STROKERS DID THE ( MAKE THIS YOUR HOBBY THING. ) I KNOW I DID, I REPORTED HIM ABOUT 9 TIMES and nobody even called me back... IT'S LIKE CALLING THE... I R S
Old 7 September 2015, 07:09 AM   #22
cptnbob
"TRF" Member

I posted some photo's of my franken rolex on vintage rolex under jubilee bracelet identification, I figured out how to attach photo's, If I can put together a rolex I can attach photo's, check it out and give me some imput.