The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 6 December 2019, 07:33 AM   #1
garyfromleeds
Banned

Watch: Deepsea D Blue
Icon20 The UK pound is rising ! more stock ?

It sure look to me like the tide has changed thats for sure , watches on the secondary market are just not moving , I know this first hand as two of my friends are established watch dealers that run a bricks and mortar store and carry a large social media following also , one of them having only sold 2 watches in 2 weeks , one was a hulk in stickers for £10.5k and the other was a bi metal gmt , £9800 or £8900 I cant remember 2014 model so maybe the lower of the two .

one of my dealer friends is actually terrified and is offloading most if not all of his inventory , thats because he paid a premium for most of his stock and is trying his best to get out before he takes a hit on the prices he paid

On another note the UK pound has risen this week maybe this might also put buyers off from buying uk watches

I can see come January / February Batmans and hulks finally 10k or below ?

whats your thoughts ?
Old 6 December 2019, 07:35 AM   #2
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Adrian?
Old 6 December 2019, 07:59 AM   #3
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfromleeds View Post
It sure look to me like the tide has changed thats for sure , watches on the secondary market are just not moving , I know this first hand as two of my friends are established watch dealers that run a bricks and mortar store and carry a large social media following also , one of them having only sold 2 watches in 2 weeks , one was a hulk in stickers for £10.5k and the other was a bi metal gmt , £9800 or £8900 I cant remember 2014 model so maybe the lower of the two .

one of my dealer friends is actually terrified and is offloading most if not all of his inventory , thats because he paid a premium for most of his stock and is trying his best to get out before he takes a hit on the prices he paid

On another note the UK pound has risen this week maybe this might also put buyers off from buying uk watches

whats your thoughts ?
Would you tell us who your dealer friends are, maybe we can help them to offload some stock?
Old 6 December 2019, 07:59 AM   #4
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:

whats your thoughts ?

Interesting post. Like first hand feedback especially regarding the panic. Weak hands will be forced to unload which will cause others to lower prices to move some steel. This is precisely why Rolex cannot increase production and should actually cut production as a precaution against a tsunami of panicked gray sellers.

I like to look at C24 and I’ve been noticing that all the hot SS sport model quantities have continued to inch up and prices inching down.
Nothing to get excited about yet but I think the tide is about to go out. Pure speculation on my part but I did see two white dial Daytonas for 22k and change today. I didn’t go through all 650 listings so there could be more in that range.

Still way over list but better than the 28K + everyone was asking not to long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 December 2019, 08:14 AM   #5
garyfromleeds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
Would you tell us who your dealer friends are, maybe we can help them to offload some stock?
id rather not name names over the internet this just wouldn't be in their best interest but its fact I have it straight from the horses mouth , you need to follow the dealers on instagram you'll soon see the real prices realised for the watches we all love , forget the prices on watchfinder , eBay and even chrono 24 thats actually not the real world today my friend gets 43mm red sea dwellers for £9600 thats the market value not 11k see where im coming from ?
Old 6 December 2019, 08:21 AM   #6
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
I hope you’re right!
Old 6 December 2019, 08:36 AM   #7
garyfromleeds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
I hope you’re right!
The numbers speak for themselves , the market has had enough and about time too
Old 6 December 2019, 08:44 AM   #8
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The numbers speak for themselves , the market has had enough and about time too
Here here
Old 6 December 2019, 08:56 AM   #9
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
Old 6 December 2019, 08:59 AM   #10
garbanzo
"TRF" Member

The UK, the diminutive area within the continent of Europe ?
Wish u the best of luck, you will be stuck between two economic superpowers.
Personally, would have liked to have u on our side.
Old 6 December 2019, 09:19 AM   #11
-Ally-
"TRF" Member

Quote:

whats your thoughts ?

Wake me up when they get to RRP.
Old 6 December 2019, 09:33 AM   #12
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Bring on Brexit!
Old 6 December 2019, 09:34 AM   #13
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Not another thread on this subject.
Old 6 December 2019, 09:36 AM   #14
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
Interesting post. Like first hand feedback especially regarding the panic. Weak hands will be forced to unload which will cause others to lower prices to move some steel. This is precisely why Rolex cannot increase production and should actually cut production as a precaution against a tsunami of panicked gray sellers.
Do you honestly believe that Rolex gives a flying f about "a tsunami of panicked gray sellers"? If you ask me, then nothing would please Rolex more than to see these dealers in a state of severe panic, with rivers of sweat splashing in all directions. They would no doubt be toasting in the finest champagne at Rolex headquarters.
Old 6 December 2019, 09:41 AM   #15
omx5o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
If you include Gibraltar it stretches all the way to the south.
Old 6 December 2019, 01:19 PM   #16
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Do you honestly believe that Rolex gives a flying f about "a tsunami of panicked gray sellers"? If you ask me, then nothing would please Rolex more than to see these dealers in a state of severe panic, with rivers of sweat splashing in all directions. They would no doubt be toasting in the finest champagne at Rolex headquarters.

They don’t give a crap about the grays they do however care about they value perception of their brand. Product dumping on secondary market will depress prices and maybe demand.
Imagine being able to buy at retail price from a gray with no wait. The ADs will see their demand drop significantly, toss in a global slowdown and now you have inventory building up everywhere. Exactly what Rolex and every other watch manufacturer doesn’t want.

Remember the hundreds of millions it cost Richmond to buy out excess inventory to save their brand image.
Old 6 December 2019, 01:21 PM   #17
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Adrian?

Hahahahahahah
Old 6 December 2019, 06:53 PM   #18
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
I'm surprised it's taken so long to be honest. Batmans and Hulks jubilees etc. I was fed up with them ages ago.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 6 December 2019, 06:55 PM   #19
scurfa
"TRF" Member

Prices are dropping because loads are now coming through and the people on the ‘list’ are flippers not enthusiasts.
Old 6 December 2019, 07:11 PM   #20
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Not sure that a drop in prices at greys will have much of an impact at AD level in the short term, what you will see over the next few months will be those buyers who were after a quick profit declining their watch thus allowing someone else to get one.

Slowly the casual flippers will start looking elsewhere for their easy money whilst the genuine traders will still be in the market as the demand will still continue to outstrip supply. You will still have to wait for a watch just not as long as you previously had to.

Values of the current 'unobtainables' will drop but remain above MSRP as there will still be an element of the human race who will still require their watch today, not tomorrow or next week or ........

For those of us wanting to buy to wear the change is very welcome as we should get our watches sooner. So if the rumours are true then it is interesting times ahead.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Old 6 December 2019, 07:31 PM   #21
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:

whats your thoughts ?
Who is this dealer? I’ve got a friend who fancies a hulk and if this dealer can get him one in stickers for £10.5k he could be keen.

Send me a PM? I never see these prices around these parts
Old 6 December 2019, 08:01 PM   #22
bezler
"TRF" Member

Quote:

whats your thoughts ?
I'd like to believe this is happening, but I really would love to see some facts. Can you help a bit on that front?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Old 6 December 2019, 08:02 PM   #23
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Adrian?
He’ll be along soon I’m sure
Old 6 December 2019, 08:05 PM   #24
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Any minute now somebody will post an advert for an overpriced Daytona saying “the day I see Daytonas in AD windows is the day I’ll believe prices are dropping”.
Old 6 December 2019, 08:22 PM   #25
BisonHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,SD,DJ,OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
Yeah right.
Old 6 December 2019, 10:07 PM   #26
Josh1000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omx5o View Post
Ha ha sore point
Old 6 December 2019, 10:10 PM   #27
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omx5o View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo (from Spain)
I missed this zinger first time round.

Very good
Old 6 December 2019, 10:39 PM   #28
dreyep
Banned

Watch: 114270, 16570
Quote:
Very good
The Gib may as well be the North Pole as far as the Falklands are concerned.
Closed Thread