The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 February 2020, 11:15 AM   #1
fwoomp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datograph
WG Daytona Availability

I'm hoping to get a blue dial 116509 to celebrate a personal milestone and I stopped into my local AD today to ask about their availability. The sales associate told me that they're no longer even taking deposits on that model, or any of the other PM Daytonas. However, I'm seeing a number of new/unworn models on C24 or from trusted sellers for below MSRP. What gives? I would have assumed that if the model were in such high demand, the market price would be much higher.

For what it's worth, I have no previous purchase history with this AD. Is it likely that the AD can get their hands on one but is just holding on to it for more established customers?

All of my current pieces are hot SS models, and I've gotten them all from TS or C24 because I knew there was no chance that I would get those from an AD. I'm willing to do the same thing for this purchase if I have to, but I would really prefer to buy this one from an AD and start building a relationship with them, even if that means paying more than I would from a TS.

Is the demand for WG models really that high? Is it worth my time to keep shopping around at other ADs, or am I going to get the same answer from each of them?
fwoomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 12:46 PM   #2
HODDS
"TRF" Member

You can find them at an AD. Might have to search a little but they are out there. Seems like everything is hard to get now but all gold watches are still available with a little patience and work. And I think you can get a discount too!
HODDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 02:52 PM   #3
Goonthree
"TRF" Member

Ad I go to just sold the white gold blue dial today. If was in show case for about 2 to 4 weeks I believe
Goonthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 06:44 PM   #4
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Worse case I’d say 2 years without history. Likely to be a year I think.

Find another AD as you can get these.

Picked up up the blue dial last summer and 6 months later the green dial came. So there is flow.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 08:07 PM   #5
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
I bought this last month.

Blue dial 116509.

I waited 3 weeks. I’m sure I got lucky even though I do have a good relationship with my AD. She still had to get permission from her boss to sell it to me.

They both told me that it is an allocation piece now. In fact, they told me that all Daytona’s are allocation pieces now.

There were NO SS pieces or PM pieces in stock. Only DJs and mostly women’s at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 03:46 PM   #6
wangyuetian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
I bought this last month.

Blue dial 116509.

I waited 3 weeks. I’m sure I got lucky even though I do have a good relationship with my AD. She still had to get permission from her boss to sell it to me.

They both told me that it is an allocation piece now. In fact, they told me that all Daytona’s are allocation pieces now.

There were NO SS pieces or PM pieces in stock. Only DJs and mostly women’s at that.

nice watch!
awesome AMG
wangyuetian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 03:59 PM   #7
Monty22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715CHNR, 116400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HODDS View Post
You can find them at an AD. Might have to search a little but they are out there. Seems like everything is hard to get now but all gold watches are still available with a little patience and work. And I think you can get a discount too!

Would agree on the finding them...discounts? No way

Monty22 is offline   Reply With Quote