The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11 February 2020, 05:48 PM   #211
Montremoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasubmariner View Post
We will wait and see. Considering the gmtii case update with the pepsi, what you say might happen but it wont be much noticable cause current sub is already much slimmer than even the updated gmt ii, so it can not go too slim.
I think you got it backwards
Old 11 February 2020, 05:48 PM   #212
jaychief
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Great to see a blue bezel SS sub.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 February 2020, 06:28 PM   #213
marcopome72
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum574 View Post
Rolex will have a new sport model in 2020, called the Wait-Master

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
Old 11 February 2020, 06:49 PM   #214
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub (116610LN)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
Guys if you're going to post screen captures of their content it's probably good form to at least link it

Thanks for putting that. Should have posted the link myself but didn’t check to find the video again as it was a late night post... will do so from now on

Old 11 February 2020, 06:52 PM   #215
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

So imagine what if rolex releases all these models, we are really hoping they do.. I guess it’ll be over for other brands then Rolex sports line would be lit af lol

Old 11 February 2020, 06:55 PM   #216
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Rolex have not planned anything big in the past 20 odd years, in the real world totally new models released over that time period you can count on one hand.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 11 February 2020, 07:10 PM   #217
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Rolex Planning a BIG Baselworld 2020

Ok posting one more screen shot from the same video but for the comment. They also posted a pic of what it would look like if Rolex came out with a ceramic bezel on the white dial Explorer ii. And it somehow doesn’t really work, atleast in the pic, maybe would work like crazy if Rolex did it though... but that would also be similar to the panda daytona a bit and so Rolex might refrain from that.
But... what if they put a white ceramic bezel on the white face explorer ii instead? Since it’s a ceramic bezel, I guess any colour is possible to put.. like we have seen in GMT and Sub line up already.. blue, red, brown, dark blue, green etc.

And yes ofcourse.. the link to the video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/kGnKkUkjraU

Old 11 February 2020, 09:58 PM   #218
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montremoi View Post
Would be fantastic, but would Rolex have given at least have a fleeting thought about this option ? As opposed to releasing yet another dial variant of the vanilla DJ ?

Perhaps - to me it’s an option that makes sense - given the 75th ‘anniversary’ of the DJ - and something that has had quite the following over the years - and would do some real good in shifting the ‘light’ off of the Professional line, for a minute....at least.

I think a new Turn-o-graph / Thunderbird would be a great re-addition to the line.

Old 11 February 2020, 10:04 PM   #219
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roli4life View Post
41mm Sub.
...It’s coming
Yep. 116610LN and LV discontinued for the 41mm. That's what I heard too from multiple ADs (in different countries), which could mean there's something about this "rumour".

Besides them being unobtainable due to the supply (even with the demand having gone down), nothing much will change.

One question remains... Will they all attend now that the Corona Virus is relevant and spreading like wildfire?
Old 11 February 2020, 10:26 PM   #220
spoon-turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Maybe not gonna happen but I hope they release a 38mm DD.
Old 11 February 2020, 10:52 PM   #221
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raku View Post
I don't understand why so many people are banging on about new movements every day.
The 31 series is perfectly adequate, tried and tested.
1 extra day of power reserve means nothing when you are wearing the watch daily.
If you like Rolex, just buy one and don't worry about insignificant details.
I agree with you on this.

Old 25 February 2020, 01:34 AM   #222
vakman
"TRF" Member

Watch: The watch.!
maybe with the corona virus it wil be Postponed
Old 25 February 2020, 01:42 AM   #223
StackLexus17
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
GMT coke will be out this year 100% confirmed.
Old 25 February 2020, 01:47 AM   #224
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
I think an explorer 2 with ceramic bezel is a highly possibility. It will make it a very irresistible piece.
Old 25 February 2020, 01:48 AM   #225
jon54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasKptl View Post
New Submariner models! (Hopefully.)
That will really be great if it happens..
Old 25 February 2020, 02:04 AM   #226
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
I think an explorer 2 with ceramic bezel is a highly possibility. It will make it a very irresistible piece.
Not every sports watch needs ceramic. I prefer steel on the EXPII.
Old 25 February 2020, 02:09 AM   #227
RTG

Watch: Sky-Dweller
A lot of you want a SS Sub or SS YM 40mm on Oysterflex. I don't think that will happen.

I could see Rolex putting one SS model on Oysterflex. The 44mm Yacht-Master II would look great on a blue oysterflex with glide lock clasp. Would help sell one of their least popular models and lower the price point of a SS watch that is too expensive for many Rolex shoppers. Though in general I don't think Rolex wants to lower any entry level price points (hence no Oysterflex on 40mm SS models). The YMII needs some help IMO.
Old 25 February 2020, 02:12 AM   #228
moore2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
Already getting our hopes up again, I see.
Very funny
Old 25 February 2020, 02:13 AM   #229
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Lost a lot of steam about caring this year, however if they do a normal new sub, ill be getting one with one of my little cartoon drawings on the back of the case because that's kind of fun.
Old 25 February 2020, 02:19 AM   #230
seasubmariner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackLexus17 View Post
GMT coke will be out this year 100% confirmed.
1000 %....Agree... They know that the world has recently become more uncertain ever than before...They dont know where this Corona virus will go and when will it end...They already know that the bracelet update on the same Batman was just a disaster and Batman or so called Batgirl wont go anywhere...

There is already Pepsi with jubilee...

The right strategy under normal circumstances would be to act too slow and not releasing anything...

But the global economy will face a recession soon, so taking the risk and releasing the Coke with Oyster will not only boom the sales of the new Coke it will also boom the sales of SD43 as well. Those are two irrelevant and different models...But people who had SD4000 and Coke combination will have the current SD and upcoming Coke as well. And, this will not affect the sales of Pepsi, because they know that Pepsi buyers will still buy it. They will use different bracelets at Pepsi and Coke to sell both of them ! So the bezel replacement wont be so desirable. They will also prevent people getting aftermarket GMT bezel inserts...

That is what I am thinking. Am I too optimistic? Am I dreaming ? Or is this the situation going to be?
Old 25 February 2020, 02:23 AM   #231
seasubmariner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
Ok posting one more screen shot from the same video but for the comment. They also posted a pic of what it would look like if Rolex came out with a ceramic bezel on the white dial Explorer ii. And it somehow doesn’t really work, atleast in the pic, maybe would work like crazy if Rolex did it though... but that would also be similar to the panda daytona a bit and so Rolex might refrain from that.
But... what if they put a white ceramic bezel on the white face explorer ii instead? Since it’s a ceramic bezel, I guess any colour is possible to put.. like we have seen in GMT and Sub line up already.. blue, red, brown, dark blue, green etc.

And yes ofcourse.. the link to the video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/kGnKkUkjraU

This probably wont happen...The exp 2 with a ceramic bezel there looks like a Tissot PRC516..
Old 25 February 2020, 02:25 AM   #232
seasubmariner
Banned

Hope Rolex is reading this thread and will introduce the new COKE OYSTER GMT II !!!!

Very impatient !!!!
Old 25 February 2020, 02:45 AM   #233
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 997 View Post
Here we go again
Yeah, let's not talk about what we all would love to see or what we think they might release. This is totally the wrong place to do so. It makes no sense, to discuss things like this here on The Rolex Forums. You guys should all be ashamed for having this conversation. Acting like you're allowed to make predictions, simply because you are passionate about this hobby. Franky it's offensive.

So 2023 is going to be the Submariner 60th anniversary, right? My guess is that they will make am enormous Sub announcement that year. Maybe a platinum Sub in green, with PCLs?

They may very well trickle some updated movements in less popular sub configurations for now though.

The pt sub could look similar to this...
Old 25 February 2020, 02:57 AM   #234
RolyMoly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnnj View Post
My fingers are crossed for a 50mm Yachmaster III with a much bolder bezel font (and no date).

I’m crossing my fingers for the 70mm Yachtmaster 4 with two bezels and a digital display.
Old 25 February 2020, 04:20 AM   #235
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
So with all these rumors of the Hulk being discontinued, I just want to know, is it discontinued or not?! Because from my understanding, it isn't, and beyond rumors there is nothing more to this.

That said, a ceramic bezel Exp 2 and sub update are probably not unlikely, nor are the comments about the Datejust anniversary.
Old 25 February 2020, 10:23 PM   #236
oroloi
"TRF" Member

Watch: YachtMaster 116621
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon-turbo View Post
Maybe not gonna happen but I hope they release a 38mm DD.

I hope so too
Old 25 February 2020, 11:36 PM   #237
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post

So 2023 is going to be the Submariner 60th anniversary, right? My guess is that they will make am enormous Sub announcement that year. Maybe a platinum Sub in green, with PCLs?

They may very well trickle some updated movements in less popular sub configurations for now though.
I don't see them updating it more than once; so 2023 actually may be the year.
Old 25 February 2020, 11:37 PM   #238
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
So with all these rumors of the Hulk being discontinued, I just want to know, is it discontinued or not?! Because from my understanding, it isn't, and beyond rumors there is nothing more to this.
Then you know as much as anyone else
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 25 February 2020, 11:40 PM   #239
Easy E

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasubmariner View Post
1000 %....Agree... They know that the world has recently become more uncertain ever than before...They dont know where this Corona virus will go and when will it end...They already know that the bracelet update on the same Batman was just a disaster and Batman or so called Batgirl wont go anywhere...

There is already Pepsi with jubilee...

The right strategy under normal circumstances would be to act too slow and not releasing anything...

But the global economy will face a recession soon, so taking the risk and releasing the Coke with Oyster will not only boom the sales of the new Coke it will also boom the sales of SD43 as well. Those are two irrelevant and different models...But people who had SD4000 and Coke combination will have the current SD and upcoming Coke as well. And, this will not affect the sales of Pepsi, because they know that Pepsi buyers will still buy it. They will use different bracelets at Pepsi and Coke to sell both of them ! So the bezel replacement wont be so desirable. They will also prevent people getting aftermarket GMT bezel inserts...

That is what I am thinking. Am I too optimistic? Am I dreaming ? Or is this the situation going to be?
So, you lost me at the Batman bracelet disaster thing and scrambled my eggs with the Coke - Sea Dweller parallel. I don’t follow.
Old 25 February 2020, 11:43 PM   #240
redtigers
"TRF" Member

any rumors on updating the explorer 1? I may have an opportunity to buy one soon but it does seem to be a candidate for a refresh
Closed Thread