The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Wooddog44
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date, TT DJ
Rose Jewelers

I live in eastern Long Island and have a K series SS Sub Date. I’m the second owner and received it as an anniversary gift in July of ’08. Absolutely love it but it has run + 7-8 seconds per day since I got it. I would like to have it regulated and the closest AD to me is Rose Jewelers.

Anyone had purchase and/or repair experience with them?

Is regulation typically a “while you wait” job?

What is the correct “ballpark” cost for that?

Any info is appreciated, thanks!
Wooddog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2009, 01:57 AM   #2
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooddog44 View Post
I live in eastern Long Island and have a K series SS Sub Date. I’m the second owner and received it as an anniversary gift in July of ’08. Absolutely love it but it has run + 7-8 seconds per day since I got it. I would like to have it regulated and the closest AD to me is Rose Jewelers.

bring it to the rsc on 5th avenue in manhattan
rolexgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2009, 03:09 PM   #3
GMTJOHNNY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2007 DAY DATE 18KT
I am near Rose too and have purchased my first GMT there and my wife's TT DJ there, Great service but I would take it to RSC in NYC as I have done with all my Rolexes.
ROLEX AIR KING 14000 (1991)
ROLEX GMTIIC TT 116713LN (2008)
GMTJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Wooddog44
"TRF" Member

Conflicting Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTJOHNNY View Post
I am near Rose too and have purchased my first GMT there and my wife's TT DJ there, Great service but I would take it to RSC in NYC as I have done with all my Rolexes.
Safe to conclude that you have been pleased with the service you've gotten at NY RSC?

I ask because, apart from you and the previous post, I've heard only negative feedback on the experience of dealing with them.
Old 17 March 2009, 11:08 AM   #5
tthopp05

Watch: THE MIGHTY DEEPSEA
bought my Deepsea from Rose,very professional.Laura really went the exrtra mile to serve me.Michelle was very good too.
tthopp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 11:08 AM   #6
tthopp05

Watch: THE MIGHTY DEEPSEA
bought my Deepsea from Rose,very professional.Laura really went the exrtra mile to serve me.Michelle was very good too.
tthopp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 06:33 PM   #7
jimbo1mcm

Watch: New GMT2C
Being "professional"

Has nothing to do with the service department. Bring it to the RSC.
jimbo1mcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2009, 06:51 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooddog44 View Post

Well a K series could be from 2001/2 so it could be time for a service. But consistency is the most important thing with mechanical watches yours is consistent so very accurate.And all that might be needed is a bit of regulation, try resting your watch over night lay vertical crown up might loose a few seconds.Any good watchmaker with the correct tools and testing equipment could regulate your watch its not rocket science.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2009, 12:27 AM   #9
Wooddog44
"TRF" Member

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well a K series could be from 2001/2 so it could be time for a service. But consistency is the most important thing with mechanical watches yours is consistent so very accurate.And all that might be needed is a bit of regulation, try resting your watch over night lay vertical crown up might loose a few seconds.Any good watchmaker with the correct tools and testing equipment could regulate your watch its not rocket science.

I've actually been doing that, resting it crown up at night, since I got it (July '08). Over In the last 2-3 months the time gain has "improved" and is now, consistently, + 6.5 sec. The one thing I "changed" was to stop manually winding it once a month. I wear it daily and other than adjusting the time every other Monday morning (and/or when a date change is needed) don't touch it.

I am on board with it being time for the first scheduled service and am planning to have that done at the New York RSC this spring.

Couple of questions on that;

1. I would imagine that regulation to within the proper time spec is part of that service, can I “request” a range, i.e. +1-2 sec., or is their goal to get it as close to perfect as possible regardless of what I ask for?

2. Approx. how long should I expect for them to turn it around from the day I drop it off?

3. What is the ballpark cost for that service assuming no major problems are found when they open it up?

Again, thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Old 18 March 2009, 01:32 AM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well myself would not bother with regulation its just a fraction out of COSC spec.I would wait till you decide on a service then it will done then,as for cost around the $400/$500 plus parts if needed, then full 12 months warranty.As for turn around from 3 to 10 weeks, all they can do is time it on the machine, but it don't necessarily mean it will same on wrist close yes.But you might be lucky to get say +1or2 but for any mechanical watch to perform too, or just a tiny bit outside the COSC spec, is quite brilliant IMHO considering what the movement has to put up with daily on the wrist.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote