The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 July 2019, 09:30 AM   #1
mrclutch3
"TRF" Member

Best AD to build relationship in Toronto

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and have just started seriously considering collecting Rolex watches.

I'd like to know from those who live in the Toronto area which AD would be the best to build a long-term relationship such that I could acquire some of the sought-after pieces later on. I have purchased a couple of luxury watches in the past (a Speedy pro and a Cartier for my wife) but in both times I just went with two different ADs for convenience/price reasons. I sort of regret that I didn't use those opportunities to build a relationship as they don't carry Rolex.

Actually, my next purchase will be a Tudor Black Bay this year, so I hope that gets the relationship started. So basically, where should I go get the Tudor.

Thanks in advance.
mrclutch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 01:46 PM   #2
AirKing95
"TRF" Member

Watch: Havn’t got it yet!
I haven’t purchased my watch yet as I’m still hunting. But Knar jewellers in Oakville have some of the nicest staff and great assortment of other jewelry as well. I hope when i get on a list I can give them my business!
AirKing95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 02:36 PM   #3
Tommy Smokeshow
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately all the dealers are the same everywhere you go, they all will give you a sub if you ask nicely and chat it up with them, but for the harder pieces no chance unless you buy a PM. Its really hard in the GTA when you have all these millenials buying watches and other luxury goods because they made good money over the inflated housing market and now think their set for life.

Frankly speaking, just go and experiment yourself to get a feel what they want also what your going to expect. BTW most of the GTA AD usually read the forums regularly I was told they also know how to play " the game ".

Good luck bud!
Tommy Smokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 11:17 PM   #4
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Reality check is that buying a relative cheap and for an AD easy to sell model like a BB will not get you on any list for a BLRO i.e.
Buy some PM model or continue with your practise and find the best deal.
For most ordinary folk begging and kissing up an AD and not spending money is simply not working
Old 26 February 2020, 11:27 PM   #5
lkngshrp
"TRF" Member

My reco is RDV downtown. PM me for contact. Be upfront and see where it goes. If this isn’t convenient for you then find an AD closer to home...
lkngshrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 11:49 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch3 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and have just started seriously considering collecting Rolex watches.

I'd like to know from those who live in the Toronto area which AD would be the best to build a long-term relationship such that I could acquire some of the sought-after pieces later on. I have purchased a couple of luxury watches in the past (a Speedy pro and a Cartier for my wife) but in both times I just went with two different ADs for convenience/price reasons. I sort of regret that I didn't use those opportunities to build a relationship as they don't carry Rolex.

Actually, my next purchase will be a Tudor Black Bay this year, so I hope that gets the relationship started. So basically, where should I go get the Tudor.

Thanks in advance.
IMHO all this so called AD relationship only exists in internet land, like all business they are in business for one thing only,thats to sell as many products to anyone who enters there retail store.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 11:54 PM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch3 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum.

An Authorized Dealer has a relationship with your credit card. Go to one that has the watch you want and takes your card. Simple.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 12:08 AM   #8
XIII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkngshrp View Post
My reco is RDV downtown. PM me for contact. Be upfront and see where it goes. If this isn’t convenient for you then find an AD closer to home...
I would also recommend Royal des Versailles. Staff there are highly professional and great to interact with.
XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 12:11 AM   #9
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

The answer: The AD that will get you the watch you want in the shortest amount of time.

Some AD's won't talk to you. Some won't put you on a wait list. But then again some will. I would cultivate as many AD's as you can to increase your odds.

Relationship? Some may argue that term does not exist when it comes to getting a watch from an AD. Good luck.
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 03:10 AM   #10
Spcamno
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex
Guess I am one of the luck ones.

Was able to obtain a black dial 116500LN and DSSD JC last year with no prior purchase history ( well actually bought my wife a 2 tone DJ back in 1989 from the same AD they probably won't even remember ).

Waited 15 months for the Daytona and 3 months for the JC.

SA is a very nice lady and introduce me to the owner and it all started from there lol.

You need to get to know the owner even the manager may not be good enough because they choose who to sell to and they are sick and tired of turn down people walk in and ask for all those in demand pieces.
Spcamno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 03:25 AM   #11
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

My AD is also RDV in Downtown Toronto. PM me for contact. SA is superb. Got me my watches and for things out of stock she calls me as soon as they come in.
JCFans01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 03:25 AM   #12
Screaminbones
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Just got a call from an AD in Toronto saying they received a TT Sea Dweller in yesterday. I passed but I'm super impressed that I have someone trying to assist with a purchase.
Screaminbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 03:27 AM   #13
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Try Tinder???

Just spitballin here.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 04:32 AM   #14
hallidc
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII / DaytonaC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
The answer: The AD that will get you the watch you want in the shortest amount of time.

Some AD's won't talk to you. Some won't put you on a wait list. But then again some will. I would cultivate as many AD's as you can to increase your odds.

Relationship? Some may argue that term does not exist when it comes to getting a watch from an AD. Good luck.
This.

First step is for the AD to take you serious. I've travelled quite a bit in the last 2 years and found there were ADs who were very friendly, some who were shady beyond hell, and others who wouldn't even let you through the secure doors.

You'll learn quickly to where you'll want to spend your money
hallidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 11:27 AM   #15
AirKing95
"TRF" Member

Watch: Havn’t got it yet!
I chatted with David from RDV today over the phone. Seems like a good lad over the phone. He added me to a fairly short list and said he would help out. No promise to a date but seems like someone who enjoys their job.
AirKing95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 12:28 PM   #16
newu5er
"TRF" Member

Another vote for RDV. If David said he would do something, he will come through. It might take a bit, but he's reliable.
newu5er is offline   Reply With Quote