The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 August 2005, 09:44 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Review On Vixa Type 1

movement

ETA 2824.2.. Nivarox main spring, with Glucydur balance. 25 jewels, and the very effective fine regulator.The movement hacks by pulling out the crown.Date feature at 3,and continuous centre seconds.The movements runs at 2880 beats per hour.The rotor is undecorated,but is engraved.An unusual feature of this movement,is that the screws appear to be bronzed.

This movement,whilst not the finest that ETA produces,is nevertheless a fine movement,and well respected.It is used in watches,from other manufacturers costing more than 10 times the price of this watch.I cannot be certain,but I suspect this movement to be of chronometer grade quality they are available in several grades). The manufacturers website states that its adjusted in 5 positions.

DIAL.

The dial is a very very dark blood ruby red, but sometimes looks black in certain light.The lume on the hands is very thickly applied,but still remains elegant.The quality of the printing is very high, even seen under 10 x magnification,the edges of the numerals,show no signs of ragged edges,or noticeable difference of thickness of lume application.The luminous compound is Luminova type,which glows on exposure to light.The brightness of the glow is very bright indeed,but dims with the passage of hours.It was however readable after 8 hours.Whilst entirely bright enough, and more than adequate,I have seen dials which glow brighter after 8 hours.This may seem like nit picking,my ageing eyes need all the help they can get.

Box and Packing.

The watch box comes inside a white cardboard box .The hinged box itself is quite magnificent.It appears to be of solid cherry wood, and is lacquered to a very high standard of finish. The watch is secured around a padded pillow. .The quality and presentation of the package is of an high standard, for a watch in this price bracket. It is entirely appropriate however, because it echoes precisely the high standards of finish,and manufacture of this watch.Some high end manufacturers should take note.I am not,and have never been,a watch snob
I have owned,anything from Poljots now good value brand,to some of the more expensive brands.I am never one to say that the finest finishes/movements can only be reserved for the most expensive brands, nor will I ever say that quality is determined by price.This watch is another rare example of a watch,that from most other makers, would cost several times the price that Vixa charge. Why,and how can they do it? Ask Vixa.

Warranty:

Manufacturers 2 year written warranty.

Price: £200 Less if you shop around bit.

Conclusion:

Excellent value for the price paid.

Accuracy:

Whilst wearing for now almost 3 weeks,it has not gained more than 2 -5seconds daily.This is quite excellent for this price range watch.
Stock picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg vixa.jpeg (23.5 KB, 132 views)

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Looks a bit like a PAM forerunner.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2005, 04:53 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Nice, neat looking watch with an easy to read dial. Excellent value for under 200 quid!

Thanks, Padi.

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2005, 06:49 AM   #4
mamas
"TRF" Member

thanks for the interesting read Padi! i agree with your sentiments re the mineral glass dial.. i would prefer either an acryllic one (as you can polish out scratches and gives the watch a pleasant soft hue) or a sapphire crystal. Is it a manual wind or an automatic?? can you get it with a bracelet or does it come with the strap?
mamas
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2005, 05:31 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
The Vixa type 1 was a limited edition,still a few in dealers its auto.They make a manual version with sub seconds at 6 oclock.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2005, 05:34 AM   #6
Seadweller
"TRF" Member

Padi, do you have any more pics of the Vixa, I would love a Pam 112 to go with my SD but don't have the funds at present, maybe the Vixa would keep me happy until I get the Panerai.
Seadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2007, 04:58 PM   #7
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Thank you Padi.

You are a deep well of information.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote